It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are All Internet Forum Creative Users Being Labelled as Trolls (Ready For Round Up)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Who hasn't been accussed of being a troll on some forum or another by nasty narrow minded individuals who you could imagine following their wives around smelling her trail whilst spraying air freshener.

Yes we all have met the thought police at some stage , we shrug it off knowing we are not Trolls but creative spirits wishing to live in a world of passion and earnestness.

The brain dead soul dead, cannot consume this without spitting out their turgid bile against anyone who can think for themselves.

We get on with things not suspecting that perhaps that call "Troll post ,troll reply, troll, trollish thread, is in fact a future death sentence?

Are we being scrutinised by legions of" wife sniffers "...the air freshener can being the accussation of "Trollery"?

But unfortunately for anyone being accussed unfairly by these moles the post is filed away, our profile is uploaded . our IP addresss tracked , our identitys verified.

Then in the middle of the night, that dreaded knock , you try and jump out of the window "but they shout TROLL stop or we will shoot.

The neighbours exclaim loudly " oh my God he is a Troll"...and we invited him to our " Yom Kipper barbecue".

"I knew his eyes were too close together"

" He once put something in his garbage can at 2am" was it Troll Knickers?

You can see how the label " Troll " could ruin your life.

So if anyone labels you a Troll , you have to report them to the mods , get the post removed , and hopefully this will confuse the list makers.
Failing that join the Troll resistance?
Below is a link that explains the accepted view of the Trolls
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 27-9-2011 by Dr Expired because: Added wiki link

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I reported someone and their post never got removed.. So your resistance is pointless and will never work. Just don't worry about them.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

I dont care if people call me a troll. It comes with the whole "I've decided to join a politically/ religiously charged forum" thing.

Giggity.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Obama is a great leader.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Everybody on here is some sort of troll in their own way. Who cares.
It is a stupid term that annoys me though. Almost as much as the "pics or it didn't happen" poster.
edit on 27-9-2011 by homeslice because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by homeslice
It is a stupid term that annoys me though. Almost as much as the "pics or it happen" poster.

Can you link a thread that has "pics or it happen"... That's new to me.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Ha, Woops.

Edit...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

If you have to ask, then you will never know.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by homeslice
It is a stupid term that annoys me though. Almost as much as the "pics or it happen" poster.

Can you link a thread that has "pics or it happen"... That's new to me.

Boncho ..once again you light up my day with your.... happy go lucky avatar and breezy posts.

But I agree with homeslice ...but thats the crux ...we are all being conformed, to thinking we are trolls if we think original thoughts.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
boyo- i didnt think i was ever spot some talent around here . i'll make a note.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

On a serious note, you are absolutely correct. Anything to go against the common theme would be considered a "troll".

Depending on the group think of the forum, whether it be online, real world, public or private. The person that goes against what everyone else is thinking, could be labelled that way.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Probably the BEST or one of the BEST presidents we ever had!!~~~! I think Bush jr. might be #1 tho... close call really

edit on 9/27/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

On a serious note, you are absolutely correct. Anything to go against the common theme would be considered a "troll".

Depending on the group think of the forum, whether it be online, real world, public or private. The person that goes against what everyone else is thinking, could be labelled that way.

Exactly ....different reasons for the label could apply, but still the ultimate penalty = Troll, just like the fiendly Maoist/stalinist Chinese label anyone who opposes in any way their beautiful vision of the world....as dissidents...meaning about to be shot.

In Nazi Germany many were accussed of being Communist....some were, but some were just dissatisfied with Hitlers solution , which they could see leading to ruin.

Trolls are Trolls , but true original thinkers are not Trolls.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
you dont understand i AM a TROLL.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
Who hasn't been accussed of being a troll on some forum or another by nasty narrow minded individuals who you could imagine following their wives around smelling her trail whilst spraying air freshener.

I have to disagree with your suggestion of what constitutes a troll.

I submit that the man concerned would only be a troll if he followed someone else's wife around smelling her trail.

My first attempt at trolling

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
wait...i saw a troll once said he lived on a world called warcraft wtf is that
maybe thay just get lonely when they are away from thier world

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
the police (somewhere) arrested a man near a school -under a bridge having sex with a doll- his name was trolle
read the story a few weeks back..

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

I dont care if people call me a troll. It comes with the whole "I've decided to join a politically/ religiously charged forum" thing.

TsuliLunar - Could you tell me which "politically/ religiously charged forum" you decided to join it sounds interesting?
And, since you don't care, i'm gonna call you a troll... although i think you're also insightful and witty.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I see what OP means. The government trolls are the quickest on the draw with such mundane accusations that barely warrant half an one-eyebrow lift! They are like the first person on the dance floor, flailing about and hooting furiously in a contrived way until they can get a dance partner.

The real life trolls are more annoying. You know, the guy who is always picking a fight with whomever he can? Troll! But if we don't draw a line, we'll soon be calling Grandparents 'attention whores' and children 'narcissists'. My dog could be described as a 'sex offender who urinates in public and sleeps on the sidewalk'. Troll!

That word is overused ! ?

Let's ban the word "troll".

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join