It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnetosphere Compressed and Collapsed today 9.26.2011? No not from Elenin!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Regardless of what anyone wants to say, this is a completely plausible threat we face. If these two small class solar flares/cmes caused this today, a large class could do us in technologically. As sunspot 1302 and 1305 face directly towards earth over the next 96 hours. Adding to that the alignment of earth-sun-mercury and uranus-sun- mercury is taking place at the same time. Magnetic acceleration is a known science during alignment and this alone could cause the sun to fart in our direction. If so bye bye electronics and power grid.

edit on 27-9-2011 by dasysgod because: fixed yt link

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Video links not working.

wait there it goes.
edit on 27-9-2011 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
while after the earth took 2 nice hits your correct if they decided to let off a couple first round punches we could take the straight hit....but eh will see what happens...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I do not see any proof. I see the magnetosphere taking some heat but I do not understand why you think it cut threw it. Explain?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
At around 15 secs you see the compression give way. Notice the tail on the other side of the planet, pay particular attention to the color variation prior to the compression. The momentary collapse takes place and the energy can be seen emitting from the tail which is what passed through and created the ground currents that were recorded. If you watch a longer slideshow this happened more then once today.
edit on 27-9-2011 by dasysgod because: its late, I misspelled lol

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
This needs attention. There very well could be a 'carrington' level event in the next 72-98 hours. They should be shutting down all nuclear reactors and planning for power contingency at this time, but we all know that's never going to happen. We are in the line of fire of the biggest sunspot activity wise in quite a few years and our shields are quite weak at the moment, could spell disaster. Cheers to hoping we get lucky.

-best of luck
edit on 27-9-2011 by KevinB because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
So this is not good?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by josh2009s
So this is not good?

eh just means the magnetic shield that surrounds the earth and blocks most of the shots from a flare is currently going into the 12th round with ali....and its not looking good....which means if it does go down a nd a big one goes off the planet is susceptible to it and it would cause more problems then if the shield was at full...such as more sats getting knocked out of power power grids going down ect..

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Is this confirmed or what??? This not looking good...

Peace

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
The magnetosphere did not collapse, it did what it does. For a little help in understanding what you're looking at you can see here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by dasysgod

I have a question for the carrington' level event. They say it would fry electronics. Is there any way to keep elecontronics safe during such an event?

Say a computer?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

I wonder if the magnetosphere collapsing has anything to do with my wireless internet being so bad today.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Calex1987

Originally posted by josh2009s
So this is not good?

eh just means the magnetic shield that surrounds the earth and blocks most of the shots from a flare is currently going into the 12th round with ali....and its not looking good....which means if it does go down a nd a big one goes off the planet is susceptible to it and it would cause more problems then if the shield was at full...such as more sats getting knocked out of power power grids going down ect..

Apparently, it's not just power grids we're talking here...

Nasa Issues Warning of Solar Superstorm 2012 - "One Billion Could Die!"

Given the weakening magnetosphere, if this is confirmed.
edit on 27-9-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

Please.
That OP is nothing but garbage.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Okay I'll take it from you...so it's not weakening, is what you're suggesting, please clarify.

Thanks Phage

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

faradayen.wikipedia.org... cage

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I just posted a thread about seeing strange flashes of light in the clear night sky here in southern AZ tonight,maybe related?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

Please.
That OP is nothing but garbage.

In no way an attack Phage, but is your name a reference to en.wikipedia.org... which is basically rubbing # that wont kill you on surfaces so # that can kill you wont grow on said surfaces?

You post alot and tend to never really say much but bash. Are you truthphage? Are you trying to throw misinformation around?

It seems to me that the op was somewhat plausable. Not entirely. "Dwarf" the Carrington event is a little vague. Dwarf it in terms of the size of the flare, its impact on electronics? or both?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

this alone could cause the sun to fart in our direction.

i think we need it with the way people act on earth. the sun is like the bigger brother who has noticed how bratty we on earth act at times, maybe it has this fart up it's sleeve and is just waiting for the right moment (mum and dad to go out of the room) before sitting on us and letting go.

hopefully this will not happen, lets just hope the sun cups it and wafts it off in jupiters direction.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
you smart guys cause me to worry some..
and i was already at def con uh-oh.
i'm in phoenix right now.. going to def con uneasy.

<<   2  3 >>

join