It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mighigan Nuclear plant near South Haven venting radioactive steam

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Mighigan Nuclear plant near South Haven venting radioactive steam

hisz.rsoe.hu

Entergy’s Palisades nuclear plant near South Haven is venting radioactive steam into the environment as part of an unplanned shutdown triggered by an electrical accident. This shutdown, which began Sunday evening, came just five days after the plant restarted from a shutdown that was caused by a leak in the plant’s cooling system. Nuclear Regulatory Commission spokeswoman Prema Chandrithal said that the current shutdown happened because an object slipped during work on a circuit breaker and caused an arc that took out power for one of two DC electrical systems that power safety valves and
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I just noted this on RSOE - alert to Mighigan residents.

Another "tool" dropped during repairs causing an arc. I thought that was the explanation for the power outage in the South a few weeks ago.

I tried to post this 4 times and ATS automatic program would not send it through because I hadn't made enough "Meaningful comments" - I was trying to alert Michigan residents. blah blah blah blah. It takes forever to search, to make sure something isn't posted yet, then 12 hoops to jump through. What if it had been a high level emergency..? What a pain. Sorry, I should send this to "rant" instead!!

hisz.rsoe.hu
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 27-9-2011 by ovumcranium because: Aaagh! frustration.

Found another article:enenews.com... s-technical-specifications

Emergency declared at Michigan nuke plant: Reactor shut down after leak exceeded plant’s technical specifications — Cooling system spews more than 10 gallons a minute

edit on 27-9-2011 by ovumcranium because: added link

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
thnks for the heads up,, high five,,

done well,,,

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Im in the county right next to VanBuren and am not happy.Their still cleaning up a huge oil spill in the Kalamazoo river.Most of this state pristine woods and farmland.What the hell are these morons doing?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
please use the search function there is already a thread about this being discussed

HERE!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Yes, being in Kalamazoo, it's good to know what's goin' down at that place. A new fellow at work just put in his 2 weeks to take a $34/hr job there. Not sure that would be enough for me. Thanks for the info - I got to learn about Tritium...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Calex1987

Yes, just found it, but didn't find it when I searched earlier. You don't have to sound like a butthead, I said I searched - it doesn't work that well, and doesn't search by date. I don't even know what time it is over there. Blah blah.

MODERATOR - please delete or move over or whatever magic you do. Thank-you!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by AgentX09

Oh Ship, my sister lives in Kalamazoo....

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Calex1987
please use the search function there is already a thread about this being discussed

HERE!

sorry but no it is NOT the same,,

too quote from your site,,

"Officials say the shutdown poses no risk to the public and that no radioactive materials were released. A U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission inspection was held at the Van Buren County plant last month after a water pump component failed"

completely different scenario,, described.,,,"water pump component failed""

AND I QUOTE FROM ABOVE:

"circuit breaker and caused an arc"

edit on 27-9-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-9-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ovumcranium

Yes, just found it, but didn't find it when I searched earlier. You don't have to sound like a butthead, I said I searched - it doesn't work that well, and doesn't search by date. I don't even know what time it is over there. Blah blah.

i said it in a pleasant manner if you want next time i can be a real @$$ about it and be like seriously use the search stupid its right here hell its right on the front page of new topics.....but i was nice and just said use the search and gave you the link so you could use it...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Calex1987

Originally posted by ovumcranium

i said it in a pleasant manner if you want next time i can be a real @$$ about it and be like seriously use the search stupid its right here hell its right on the front page of new topics.....but i was nice and just said use the search and gave you the link so you could use it...

So can i

i can be a real @$$ about it

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

actually go to the page read the "VERY" first post before you try and take a jab...it explains what happend and caused the second shut down along with the first...so you get a history of what the plant has gone threw in the last month....read before you try and call me out on it.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ovumcranium

Im pretty sure its not that serious but isnt that what they said during Fukishima?What really bothers me is i havn't seen anything about this in the local tv news or papers.I found out from ATS!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

you know for a dedicated servent of,, the publicc/ats??
and an american,,,see im canadian,, so dont give a #
"radioactive steam"

kinda caught my eye in this title,, u know,, the kind of "radioactive steam",, thats harmfull to your fellow,, michigenites?
,, but hey ur right,, bury it.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Hi Bob, wow, I love you.

This does show a big flaw I find with ATS "New Topics" feed. I like to review what's new, and I really think the page should be much longer. Important breaking news can quickly get lost if a lot of posts happen at the same time, or maybe (conspiracy!) a lot of stupid posts are quickly added after something of importance. (Or the moderator moves it, then it is totally lost for half it's "life". I suppose it's eventually found under the forums, but I certainly don't check every forum. Why can't the new topics page be about four times the length?? Or 24 hours long - because people around the world are on at different times. New Topics is where many things get flags and get noticed.

I don't blame people for making very sensationalist headlines - otherwise important news can get easily lost amongst tiny houses and how to make toothpaste. (Not that those aren't interesting!!)

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome

you know for a dedicated servent of,, the publicc/ats??
and an american,,,see im canadian,, so dont give a #
"radioactive steam"

kinda caught my eye in this title,, u know,, the kind of "radioactive steam",, thats harmfull to your fellow,, michigenites?
,, but hey ur right,, bury it.

so apparently you cant read the side of the screen with my post that shows where im from.... at least if your gonna try and take a strike read before you do seriously. it'll help me take you more seriously next time.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ovumcranium

click new topics then go to *New Topic Fire-hose orrr click Here it'll give you 0-4 hours 4-8 hours 8-12 hours on posts so you can scroll threw it
hope this helps

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

ATS does allow 2 similar threads, as long as one is in the "breaking news" forum...

They also allow us to "alert" a thread if we have a problem with it.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Oh Cool, Thanx - Duh, I never saw this place. I never noticed this "fire-hose" section. I'm going to really enjoy using it....Something new I learn about ATS everyday.

P.S., Sorry I called you a butthead!
edit on 27-9-2011 by ovumcranium because: added P.S.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Another thing I did not know! (I guess that is why you have over 9000 stars! I enjoyed the Putin pictures by the way)

The other person's post has been fixed/updated (& flagged, yay!)

There still is no other news out there I can seem to find, except that this particular power plant repeatedly has problems. It's tooo close to very populated areas, they need to stop band-aiding it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join