It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where's the moon tonight?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by wavemaker
reply to post by AzureSky

Are you in the US? I thought we have new moon here in Asia because I haven't seen the moon for a few days now.

Yes, Eastern side.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Now I see the stars..

Got pictures of my star tonight.

You know, there does seem to be a lot more stars then normal. But, what' or Who is normal anymore.
edit on 26-9-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

... Okay so that explains the moon, then where are the rest of the stars?

... Now I see the stars..

Are you for real?

Sigh...

edit on 27-9-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I'm in So Cal...plenty of stars out
....will have to catch the moon in the am however. I'm actually surprised to see so many stars out right now....lots of light pollution here in Pasadena.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Tonight, without the Moon present, I can clearly see every star within the entire MilkyWay! I can see the MilkyWay in its full glory tonight! It is stunning and breath-taking, as always!

I am so happy to not live where there are city lights obscuring what everyone should be seeing!

I think more cities should pick nights like tonight and celebrate them by purposely turning off all of the streetlights and light pollution possible! Imagine how wonderful it would be for everyone to experience! I bet there are some city folks out there that really have never seen the MilkyWay when it is full and bright in the sky and the stars number in such fashion that they look like clouds!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

You know, there does seem to be a lot more stars then normal. But, what' or Who is normal anymore.

No, I would imagine there is still roughly the same amount of stars up there, might have lost the odd one or two to supernova over the years, but still more been made somewhere in the universe.

The universe has been around a lot longer than the first time life evolved on this little rock, and significantly more than man first went "oooh look at all the pretty little sparkly dots", we cannot say for certain what normal is.
edit on 27/9/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage
Tonight, without the Moon present, I can clearly see every star within the entire MilkyWay! I can see the MilkyWay in its full glory tonight! It is stunning and breath-taking, as always!

I am so happy to not live where there are city lights obscuring what everyone should be seeing!

I think more cities should pick nights like tonight and celebrate them by purposely turning off all of the streetlights and light pollution possible! Imagine how wonderful it would be for everyone to experience! I bet there are some city folks out there that really have never seen the MilkyWay when it is full and bright in the sky and the stars number in such fashion that they look like clouds!

Thats beautiful, thanks for posting

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

ahh ok thanks..

Okay so that explains the moon, then where are the rest of the stars?
edit on 26-9-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

When I took the garbage out last night I noticed that there were plenty of stars. So they didn't go anywhere.

I'd say you probably had a mostly overcast sky, or maybe you just came from a bright place and your eyes weren't acclimated to the darkness yet.

As for the Moon...
when the moon is heading towards the "new moon" phase, it would be rising just ahead of the Sun for a few mornings just prior to the New Moon. Therefore, this "Old Moon", as some call it, may be difficult to see during the day due to it being a small crescent and being near the Sun as seen in our sky. Two days before a new moon, you'd probably be able to see the moon a couple of hours before sunrise. One day before the New Moon, it would be just a very thin crescent that may be visible for about an hour or less before the sun rises and obscures the moonlight.

If it's clear tomorrow, the tiny sliver of a "Young Moon" can possibly be seen for a short time right around sunset (the Young Moon sets after the Sun). It's usually a very pretty sight because it is such a small curving line of light.

edit on 9/27/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join