It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Year 2012, less than 5 months away, theories on what will happen?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
So, 2012 is closing in fast and the winter solstice is a year away. I want to hear evrybodies theories on what will happen. Will yellow jelly peguin squid invade the world and eat all the children or will nothing happen at all, let's hear it!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Hangovers
Broken resolutions

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
hang overs

unwanted babies.

broken promises..

more BS the same as this year and the year before it.....

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Well, December 21st is my birthday. I'll be inebriated somewhere.

I don't think anything is supposed to blow up, is it?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I dont know but the collective body here needs to do a little better at weaving yarns than that elenin caused the blackouts for 11 million thread.

You have to have the timeline and facts ironed out with the only gap being an incalculable unknown.

link   

edit on 26-9-2011 by Nuker because: (no reason given)

link   
Nothing. We'll all be right here, on ATS, discussing how nothing happened. Same as with every other prediction on this website. People predict nonsense left and right, and simply say "oops" after their prediction failed to turn into reality. This will be nothing different.

It will be a little funny when all the ATSers come out of the mountains in 2013, only to discover life didn't stop, and the world went on without them.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnCreed777

Yes, I have a well thought out theory.

Nothing out of the ordinary, but many will attempt to make ordinary, natural events seem like they are connected. Lots of hoax videos and no apologies after the fact.

GFL may see some suicides. There may be some suicides approaching the date in October by people who fall for the lies surrounding this topic and of course those spreading the manure will not admit their guilt in spreading fear.

The end of the world addicts will say we got the date wrong and reinvent it all over again. Those peddling fake books and videos will do the same.

In 2013 we will be seeing the posts from the next end of the world with all kinds of explanations of how they got the date wrong. They did it before in 2003.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I'm hoping for yellow jelly penguin squid, personally.

S/He sounds like an omnipotent being I could work with !

^^ If you are still making promises for the new year, when will you silly persons learn.

I wanted to make the promise that I'd never make promises like that again, but am stuck with what to do now....

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I personally think we might have a major global blackout, not for long, maybe for a few weeks, but this will cause a lot more people to lose jobs and it will kick start the collapse of the global economy.... you can make your conclusions what will happen next.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

ha ha yup, im just gonna sit here like any other day

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I think this is when we see global economic fallout.
Self fulfilled.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
new doomsday predictions
earthquakes
floods
a declining economy and stock market as we approach election time if not much sooner,
droughts
hurricanes
typhoons
a call for more taxes by the Democrats
In other words, I expect things to continue as bad as they are now but they could get much worse.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Just a guess, but some kind of war if it doesn't happen by the end of this year.
The whole israel/turkey thing does not seem good at all.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Sometimes I wonder if it is just a longing on my part and many others to see something change. It seems like society just doesn't feel right, and that something is changing. While I suppose that is true in a larger sense, I do believe there are major changes just on the horizion.

I don't know any specific day, specific knowledge, or even a specific year, but it does seem to me that the possibility for new layers of consciousness is very real. It could be technological developments that transform our very nature or maybe a spiritual awakening where rethink how we all survive on a rock hurdling through space, but I want to believe something good will come of it.

I'm someone who believes politics is a sugarcoating for the naked use of force. Whether the intentions are noble or malignant, what always happens in the end is one person's truth requires the destruction of another's falsehood, mind, body, and soul. And I fear those destructions will come.

I'm not heading for the hills, but I think big events will happen. I would expect the Middle East to play a large role between the Arab Spring, democracy movements fighting against Islamism, and Israel feeling besieged. I'd like to think we're smarter than we were 100 years ago, but I could see an incident like Sarajevo in 1914.

Until then, we watch. But I hope some entity is looking out for us. We need the help.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
As we approach December 21st 2012...
- Dried/canned foods will be in high demand and maybe even cause shortages. This will cause people to react by hoarding even more food.
- Psychics will make more money than usual.
- Believers will be trumpeting hundreds of different reasons why the world ends, and as usual provide no proof.
- Markets/Stocks may fall as the large number of believers sell off their assets

On the day of December 21st 2012...
- Believers will still be on ATS creating threads.
- Believers will point to every world event as proof of the doomsday event.
- Anyone who profitted from 2012 will retire to a tropical island

After December 21st 2012...
- People will have alot of extra canned foods, but still eat at McDonalds anyway
- Remaining believers will continue adjusting the dates until the new year
- Suicides will be slightly higher than usual
- The long count calendar resets and in 3600 years the world ends again.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Year 2012, less than 5 months away, theories on what will happen?

One of two things will occur:

1. The end of the world as we know it.

2. Ongoing world as we know it.

Either way, we lose.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

If nothing happens that'll definately be the outcome if not worse, prolly mass suicides, goodbye overpopulation

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The year itself is only a few months away but nothing is supposed to be happening until next December anyway

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by centrifugal

After December 21st 2012...
- People will have alot of extra canned foods, but still eat at McDonalds anyway

It's going to take me a while to pick the chunks of my half-chewed lunch out of my keyboard.

That's hilarious, but probably true. I wish I could give you more than 1 star for that...but you're right. The world will continue to go on, there will be suicides by some of the more gullible believers as well as an increase in punks bashing in store windows and stealing stuff - but there will be no real significant "earth changing" event. Many of us on ATS will be mocked for not believing in the new end date since we're so "closed minded" and all and I predict that there will be several threads by people who believe that some new global consciousness/awareness has actually happened and that we will have entered the next dimension or plane of existance or whatever...some of us just won't be aware of it due to our aforementioned "closed minded-ness".

top topics

<<   2 >>

join