It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof the freed Iranian hikers are lying?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Personally I think the freed Iran hikers are maybe too young to be spies, but I still do not believe them as their behavior is untrustworthy.

Here is a video of one of them having trouble getting through the part where he has to explain why they were captured. And watch as the video quickly cuts away after he finally gets it out.

I like the line "we will always regret the grief and anxiety our faithful hiking trip led to."

'Faithful' hiking trip? What does that even mean?

In this video, the lady smirks when the guy mentions the length of their stay.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

I think he meant to say "fateful"

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

I think he meant to say "fateful"

I stand corrected, he did say fateful. But then again when you go hiking in the Iranian region there is really no surprise the kind of fate it leads to.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
maybe the guy is not guilty, but thats the brilliance of the plan. a trained woman cia operative puts an ad on looking for a hiking companion.

the guy that answers the ad is the cover. in case of capture, the patsy is perfect because he is actually innocent and any interrogation would be believable.

since he's a guy, it would be naturally assumed he is the head of the covert team and would receive the brunt of the scrutiny.

the real operative, the woman, would hide behind her training and cover and wait it out.

she looks like she belongs behind a c.i.a analyst desk and not "hiking" near the iranian border. the other idiot was just probably horny and was thinking with his tent pole instead of his brain. and he's still probably hoping to get laid.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
maybe the guy is not guilty, but thats the brilliance of the plan. a trained woman cia operative puts an ad on looking for a hiking companion.

the guy that answers the ad is the cover. in case of capture, the patsy is perfect because he is actually innocent and any interrogation would be believable.

since he's a guy, it would be naturally assumed he is the head of the covert team and would receive the brunt of the scrutiny.

the real operative, the woman, would hide behind her training and cover and wait it out.

she looks like she belongs behind a c.i.a analyst desk and not "hiking" near the iranian border. the other idiot was just probably horny and was thinking with his tent pole instead of his brain. and he's still probably hoping to get laid.

I really like your analysis. Are you sure you don't work for the CIA
Just kidding, but yeah it totally makes sense that maybe she is deeper in the jungle than the two guys. I mean the mountains, not the jungle.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I agree, there was no reason for these people to be "hiking" in Iran, or anywhere else in the middle east considering the political climate in the region. Most hikers I know would rather be in the upper northwest US hiking, not Iran.

This is just speculation, but could it be that there was an arrangement with the Iranians and the US Govt? Kind of like the hostage situation that Reagan and Bush Sr. used to their advantage after their election?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I guess the possibility that he was nervous being on television making a statement after a 2 year ordeal of imprisonment is out of the question?

/TOA

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
i think they were initiated into the mystery schools.

in bill coopers series on mystery bablyon he goes through the history of the various islamic orders, in particular the assassins.

he explains the initiation which is nothing more than a very specific order of brainwashing that can take anywhere from months to years.

she cracks her smile when they mention the reason for their "prolonged stay".

it speaks volumes. they probably think they have learned some sort of profound ancient knowledge, and have pledged allegiance to whatever brotherhood initiated them.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
they were doing some mission work or something like that in turkey.

it's not like they flew over from the states to take a walk.

they would be piss poor spies for getting caught, lol!!

it's not even proven they were IN iran at the time they were picked up.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Sarah Shourd worked as a English teacher in Damascus, Syria.

She was on a break from her teaching responsibilities for a week, and she and Shane Bauer decided to take a hiking trip with their friend Joshua Fattal. There was also a third guy; Shon but he was sick and stayed at home.

I dont think there is anything fishy about her. Although she looks stone cold in this interview. She is suffering from a depression do to the captivity.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I'm still looking for the proof you mentioned in your headline OP....Am I missing something? Your opinion based on an interview hardly equates to proof.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
I'm still looking for the proof you mentioned in your headline OP....Am I missing something? Your opinion based on an interview hardly equates to proof.

Your opinion hardly refutes anything I've said. Do you crack a smile after something horrible happens to you? I guess some people just have a dark sense of humor.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I have been looking into these hikers and it was my belief they were Mossad since they were first captured. Today I was watching a video and someone in it caught my eye. Maybe I'm just mistaken and seeing things, but the person looks like one of the hikers. It is at 9:47 in the video. youtu.be...

It's not any kind of damning evidence or anything, I just found it to be pretty crazy if it is him. But if you look into Israel training the military in Kurdistan there is proof they are working in the area though.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
the female one of the bunch seams to have a wierd snickering smile
as if she knows something the males of the group dont,

besides its not that hard to get a travelers visum to iran so my question would be
that if they where going to iraq and further more to a kurdish area near the iranian boarder
why didnt they just apply for one in before hand,...

to me the journalist cover just dont hold water , journalists knows better,

then again "most americans" who backpack in europe dont get further then amsterdam or paris and thats their view of europe

so in one sence it can be a bit of both , bad planing and pattsy o rama

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
i think they were initiated into the mystery schools.

in bill coopers series on mystery bablyon he goes through the history of the various islamic orders, in particular the assassins.

he explains the initiation which is nothing more than a very specific order of brainwashing that can take anywhere from months to years.

she cracks her smile when they mention the reason for their "prolonged stay".

it speaks volumes. they probably think they have learned some sort of profound ancient knowledge, and have pledged allegiance to whatever brotherhood initiated them.

I think RelentlessLurker might be on to something here, the stories about them hearing screaming from another room does sound like some known brainwashing /mystery iniation techniques. They look awfully healthy and fit for people who have been 'imprisioned' in a Middle Eastern jail for nearly two years and they didn't even wait to get freed before they started US bashing(that's my job)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

what are your credentials , to make such a complex psycological assesment based on so lttile evidence ?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
It doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to figure out these 3 are lying. US wants to start a war with Iran! Period! Democracy Now has the full interview. Supposedly this interview took place 2 hours after they returned to America. Seems to me that there was an awful lot of work that was required to put together such an elaborate "Script."
Also, wouldn't there be a debriefing period??? These 3 are promoting a war, is that the way the US decides to go to war with another country?? By allowing 3 brats to stand up in front of the world and say we need to go to war??

Where is their anguish, their pain, why don't they show any emotion over this event that was so traumatizing to them??

Watch for yourself: www.democracynow.org...

Wake UP People!!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia

Originally posted by sensfan

Your opinion hardly refutes anything I've said. Do you crack a smile after something horrible happens to you? I guess some people just have a dark sense of humor.

I do, its easier to smile than show pain for an Enneagram type 5. Do you know her MBTI type? Her Enneagram type? No you don't. Both easily explain her cracking a smile, and our hikers having issues publicly speaking at a press conference.

Just because you can handle the situation better than they can, does not mean they are lying. Go interview them in person, then tell me they are lying.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
somehow it just seams the males of the bunch took the isolation and hearing of inmates being beaten
as a more traumatic experience then the female ,

the one reading the note is having a hard time reflecting on the past , hence the stuttering and starting over
and at the same time the female is cracking a snickering smile ,

they are not on the same page somehow

new topics

top topics

join