It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA to Make Near-Earth Announcement Regarding YU55 & Other Potential ELE on Sept 29, 2011

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by letscit
just an fyi. we are entering into a very rocky bit of space, or this is the cyclical events, where comets and asteroids that came past years upon years ago are now having their return. and yes i do believe the universe is cyclical. it actually seems pretty obvious in our universe.

Are we surrounded by an unusually higher number of NEOs or are the ones we're surrounded by just a lot bigger than usual? Or both? I remember seeing something about how we're surrounded by about 4500 of them, but I never found out if this is above the average. Or if we've even determined what the average is or should be.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat
reply to post by Wrath

I see plenty of Dinosaurs.

They are called birds.

And, a handful of reptiles? No? (alligators, certainly)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262
Mods, sorry for the short reply. NASA is completely full of shat. They have lost all credibility with me. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Same here..somewhere between the star wars announcement a while ago (just in time for a star wars dvd release.. call me cynical) and failing miserably at not only predicting where UARS would fall (which they assured people they would know in the last hour or so) but failing completely to find out where it was when it had already fallen, I started to seriously question NASA's ability to tell it's arse from it's elbow...

How many days did it take them to find out where their own satellite had fallen again?
And what was their first response on twitter when the whole world was watching?
Something along the lines of ''it should have come down by now (is everyone ok?)''

Gee.. filled with confidence.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Btw... OP, or anyone else: where did the alert come from that this Sept 29th announcement would be made?

All the links in the OP are supporting pics, didn't see one for the source of the announcement itself.

Just curious.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz
Btw... OP, or anyone else: where did the alert come from that this Sept 29th announcement would be made?

All the links in the OP are supporting pics, didn't see one for the source of the announcement itself.

Just curious.

NASA front page..
NASA conference

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Deplume

Thanks for the link - I'm the first star. (but that was far from front page - looks like at least 3 clicks to get there, but, whatever - thank you)

Please, be sure to post a summary of the results as well. Thx.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Deplume

Agreed totally. I thought all countries with Nuclear weapons had radar systems and tracking systems that alerted them to something entering the atmosphere. It makes no sense as to way nobody knew where it would hit.

I sure as hell hope we use a different system, for the military radar rather than the non-working one NASA has. If not, we be toast in the event of incoming warheads.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
It is probably that all the 2012 stuff on the internet is BS

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262
reply to post by Deplume

Agreed totally. I thought all countries with Nuclear weapons had radar systems and tracking systems that alerted them to something entering the atmosphere. It makes no sense as to way nobody knew where it would hit.
I sure as hell hope we use a different system, for the military radar rather than the non-working one NASA has. If not, we be toast in the event of incoming warheads.

I tried to argue this point on the night it was 'supposed'* to have come down
(*Look, before anyone bashes me, if they aren't sure, how the hell am I expected to be sure? They are the experts???)

They like to know what is in the sky at all times, even more so since 9/11...
If NASA can't track their own satellite, they should have coordinated with the military/aviation systems in place!

The response I got to this is that military and aviation systems couldn't detect a satellite..
What so it can detect planes/warheads/missiles/UFO's, but inexplicably cannot see a blip on the screen from another piece of metal (poss 26 pieces of metal) ???

Then I was told these radar systems probably wouldn't work over the sea... How reassuring in the event of a nuclear attack, that we'd be blind to it as it came across the ocean...
Absolute BS. (My dad was a chief petty officer in the navy for 40 odd years, they have radar on ships in the middle of the ocean which can track incoming objects)

NASA couldn't give any definitive answer for days after the event, I'm sorry but how I'm expected to believe they can be trusted with anything else is beyond me.

edit on 28-9-2011 by Deplume because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Today we are the 29th and so far I did not see/hear anything happened as "predicted" here this month on the fora?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reminder, later today...

theres an ESA conference and a NASA converence where new discoveries will be announced and/or near-earth object security issues addressed including partial press conferencing.

www.nasa.gov...

www.nasa.gov...

www.ustream.tv...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by XplanetX

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by XplanetX

Funny...his schedule says he'll be at Abraham Lincoln High School...

www.whitehouse.gov...

That's why I said if not now, soon.

Schedules can also change quite quickly.

CHECK THE SCHEDULE NOW, ITS EMPTY FOR THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS!!!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
N.A.S.A. There is an asteriod ho is going to hit as!
reporter OMG! Wen?!!!
N.A.S.A 10... 9.... 8.... 7....

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Live stream link near bottom or excerpt:

MEDIA ADVISORY : M11-206

NASA To Host News Conference On Asteroid Search Findings

WASHINGTON -- NASA will hold a news conference at 1 p.m. EDT on Thurs., Sept. 29, to reveal near-Earth asteroid findings and implications for future research. The briefing will take place in the NASA Headquarters James E. Webb Auditorium, located at 300 E St. SW in Washington.

NASA's Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer (WISE) mission, launched in December 2009, captured millions of images of galaxies and objects in space. During the news conference, panelists will discuss results from an enhancement of WISE called Near-Earth Object WISE (NEOWISE) that hunted for asteroids.

The panelists are:
-- Lindley Johnson, NEO program executive, NASA Headquarters, Washington
-- Amy Mainzer, NEOWISE principal investigator, NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, Calif.
-- Tim Spahr, director, Minor Planet Center, Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory, Cambridge, Mass.
-- Lucy McFadden, scientist, NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Md.

Reporters unable to attend may ask questions from participating NASA centers or by telephone. To participate by phone, reporters must contact Dwayne Brown at 202-358-1726 or [email protected] by 10 a.m. EDT on Sept. 29.

The event will air live on NASA Television and the agency's website. For NASA TV streaming video, downlink and scheduling information, visit:

www.nasa.gov...

The briefing also will be streamed live, with a chat available, at:

www.ustream.tv...

For more information about the mission, visit:

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I, personally, find this to be a little concerning. Obviously some of these NEOs have been in the neighborhood for quite some time. Why would NASA suddenly decide to hold a press conference to discuss them?

Something about this is a tad unsettling, for me at least. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Oh you guys ( and gals)!
YOU KNOW this wont be anything of any national interest (I'm talking Doom)

They mention NEO's to reel us in, and what happens is;

"We've found an asteroid with it's own asteroid crater, indicating that the asteroid was hit by another asteroid, and that means that we have to do whole new trajectories for it, and it's all very exciting because now we can use informations we have to find out more about the crater from an asteroid which is on an asteroid and know all the things."
*Here is film of deep impact for three minutes*
End.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Meteor shower to hit next week:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I wonder what NASA have to say at the end of the 9th month of 2011. 9/11.

I hope it's interesting, but then I think if it was going to be earth shattering news, it would come from the President.

Maybe.

st.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by eeks4

Originally posted by Unity_99
ssd.jpl.nasa.gov... SE
SE58 2011 is coming extremely close tomorrow and would hit with force of a nuke if it impacts. Odd how we didn't hear of this.

didn't even hear about this what so ever about SE58 until I saw it on utube, Wonder if Obama is still in the bunker?

[color=dodgerblue]Source, please?

There are a ton of comments about Obama being in a bunker, but I have yet to see a source.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I have to agree with what most are saying . NASA are known for their big build ups to their press conferences and even more well known for their anti climax's

I guess time will tell .

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join