It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA to Make Near-Earth Announcement Regarding YU55 & Other Potential ELE on Sept 29, 2011

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Whos knows what in the heads of those that work for NASA.

I remember one about a decade plus ago that went between earth and the moon. Was a big one too if i remember, but it only ever got mentioned afterwards. Mind you this was pre internet really, and i'm sure there was info out there if one looked.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by BuffaloGal
reply to post by ignant

Please go to ssd.jpl.nasa.gov... and do a search for 2011so5. You will find it is listed with a condition code 8 which according to NASA Torino Hazard Impact Scale is "collision is certain".

You got it wrong.
This is what the code means.

MPC "U" parameter: orbit uncertainty estimate 0-9, with 0 being good, and 9 being highly uncertain

Highly uncertain of where it's going,not the torino scale of impact.

Sorry,to late to that party.Has already been addressed,but not totally understood.
edit on 27-9-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by kdog1982

Oh Kdog why would you ask such a loaded question? I am going to venture a guess that the moon will be somewhere up above us on that date.
PS thanks for sticking with me during the day of the hurricane. It turned out ok for us in VA not so good for VT.

You are welcome,karen!
So glad it all worked out for you.
I always wonder,if a object is coming in between the earth and moon,where would the moon be at that moment.
What is the orbital track of the moon around earth in relation to the objects approach.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Are any of these going to be able to be seen with the naked eye? Hope to see some videos

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignant

img823.imageshack.us...

Please forgive my ignorance, but I'm assuming that the numbers given in km are kilometers, and in m are meters? So while the ones that passed closest to earth were close indeed compared to others, they're still pretty tiny, and posed absolutely no threat whatsoever and would have lost a majority of mass and size upon entering the atmosphere if at all it was likely to do?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

so its estimated miss distance is .8 LD which is less than 350,000 kilometers which is closer to us than the moon is, but 240 meters which is its max size estimate according to the chart on the NASA site is .24km and the moon is over 3,000km wide so its 15 thousand times smaller than the moon
edit on 28-9-2011 by g0dhims3lf because: inaccurate information

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by g0dhims3lf

but 240 meters which is its max size estimate according to the chart on the NASA site is .24km and the moon is over 3,000km wide so its 15 thousand times smaller than the moon or about half the width of CA

What? 240 meters is half the width of California? Really?
That can't be what you meant. What did you really mean?

edit on 9/28/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

240m is the length of the road I live on... what are you even saying?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ooops I did mean that but now I see I need to go to bed, so if the m on the chart is in fact meters then its only 787 feet? not as big as I was thinking

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
LOL can you tell me how this will hit earth? A parallel orbit to earth's orbit? close to earth tomorrow? LOLLLLLLL omg dude learn how to use your eyes. No way on earth or in space this rock will hit earth. First to far, second paraillel orbits LOLLL omg people are stupid

reply to post by Unity_99

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
LOL you all don't know what you are talking about Namaste

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by AbdulAlhazred
pretty funny how there's been a few posts about what a great spectacle it would be if it hit the moon. Its like some people dont realise the knock on effects if the moons orbit etc was disrupted!
While I agree that the moon being hit is not a good thing, the moon is covered with craters from previous strikes. It would not be the first time for it to be hit, nor would it be the last. It would take a very large body striking the moon to disrupt its orbit to any degree that would affect us on Earth.

edit on 27-9-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

Didnt think about that!

I was more thinking about the yu55 object as its way larger than SE58 and seems to be at a better distance for a potential moon collision, but your totally right. It was late when I posted. Thanks for keeping me straight.
cheers,
L

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

but 240 meters which is its max size estimate according to the chart on the NASA site is .24km and the moon is over 3,000km wide so its 15 thousand times smaller than the moon or about half the width of CA

What? 240 meters is half the width of California? Really?
That can't be what you meant. What did you really mean?

edit on 9/28/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

i find this story about the Franciscan Monks who eye-whitnessed/saw with their own eyes,,
the moon being struck, by a meteorite,, in time long ago and far away,,

turns out they were correct,,,
when nasa went too the moon,
they measured the vibration,, i know its complicated,,
and the Monks were ,,correct,,

even as too the location of the hit.

and thats real world.

edit on 28-9-2011 by BobAthome because: g0dhims3lf ? well guess u already knew that the,,being Almighty g0dhims3lf .

edit on 28-9-2011 by BobAthome because: and the Monks u ask,, well didn't fit "perfect Creation",,now did it?,,well imagine!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
If YU55 did hit the earth, I would be more worried about accidental launch of nuclear weapons than the asteroid itself, it is small so will not wipe out life on earth, but if it accidently triggers an auto-response from a sub or silo somewhere......

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Mods, sorry for the short reply. NASA is completely full of shat. They have lost all credibility with me. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
ssd.jpl.nasa.gov... SE
SE58 2011 is coming extremely close tomorrow and would hit with force of a nuke if it impacts. Odd how we didn't hear of this.

didn't even hear about this what so ever about SE58 until I saw it on utube, Wonder if Obama is still in the bunker?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

Its really seem like the dates keep changing from NASA,we were already suppose to be hit by both comets Elenin and SE58. I was expecting SE58 to hit today not tomorrow..

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I made a quick calculation if for instance this 2005 YU55 hits the earth - hits the ocean
The results are

Check this : link

At the bottom of the page see: Tsunami vawe from 18 to 36 meters!!

Maybe I input the wrong data for the comet/asteroid?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aestheteka
Ah, I found the links.
Top US Space expert turns out to be Richard Hoagland - Top US Space Expert Issues Catastrophic Warning On Comet Elenin

and

Bad News from NASA: Proof That Comet Elenin Is Affecting Earth

I was wondering why i hadn't seen these appear on MSM....
Never mind. Now i know

Garbage.

The "realnewsreporter" link is from May and it's just more Nibiru BS. Elenin's gotten way closer to Earth since then so why hasn't there been another Chili/Japan like quake, or actually worse, since this is the first magical comet that supposedly can effect us without hitting us?

These are the same people that suggested that we should be in the midst of our third day of darkness and yet here I am, basking in Arizona sunlight.

Will any of these criers of wolf come back in December and give us a simple "Whoops, our bad, we were wrong"? Nope. Not one of them will. In fact, they'll just start hyping the next doomsday scenario. It will be like the umpteenth time they've been wrong about rogue planets and giant, Earthquake causing comets.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join