It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA to Make Near-Earth Announcement Regarding YU55 & Other Potential ELE on Sept 29, 2011

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad

Originally posted by manticorex5
umm i dont get it, why would they announce that? if they don't even know what's gonna happen why would they want people to freak out? weird.
edit on 26-9-2011 by manticorex5 because: (no reason given)

Everyone always says that the governments of the world would keep a ELE quiet, so as not to alarm or panic the people...

But really, why would anyone in government give a toss by that time...?

Who cares if the people panic and riot and kill themselves out of despair..!! They're all going to die anyway so whats the point in not saying everything and give a few people the chance to make peace, get laied (which a lot of ppl here on ats could use), etc...

Originally posted by VI0811
reply to post by ignant

Their are many near Earth Asteroids that are close to our orbit, but will never come in contact with us. One thing to consider is the commercial value of such asteroids, If private industry can land and mine the minerals on these celestial bodies, the space race would truly take off for the rest of us. I believe this is where it will begin in mainstream space flight, since governments are unwilling to share their toys with us. NASA is a joke and I do not trust them nor believe in them. You wouldn't drive the same car for 50 years and just keep updating it would you ? No, you would get the latest and greatest sooner or later. NASA and they're space shuttle are a joke. We need to get private industry involved. But they won't unless they know they are going to make a buck.

If only there was Oil, Coal or Natural Gas on Asteroids..lol
edit on 9/27/2011 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

Some are solid copper, some are filled with silver, nickle etc ... Easy to mine. And think of the great lengths corporations would go to to advance their space craft to speed up supply and demand. Advancements would be daily. It would open up a whole new market. And a whole new world ...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Oh Kdog why would you ask such a loaded question? I am going to venture a guess that the moon will be somewhere up above us on that date.
PS thanks for sticking with me during the day of the hurricane. It turned out ok for us in VA not so good for VT.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I really don't think we have anything to worry about.

from the Nasa website, there is a column called impact risk. Each asteroid is assessed and then ranked on something
called the Torino scale. This scale classifies asteroids based on impact risk.

The scale runs from 1-10 With 1 being only the slightest chance at all. and 10 being a global killer.

So far there are only 2 asteroids on the Torino scale and both are ranked as a 1
It doesn't occur until 2040.

Have a look for yourselves

neojplnasa.gov

edit on 9/27/2011 by paxnatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIGPoJo

Originally posted by kdog1982
My prediction is one of those will hit the moon.
It will be a spectacular event that all could watch.

With the force of a nuke, that would be a hell of a show!

Oh sure, lets just totally forget the aliens living on the moon and be concerned with a great light show. Sheesh you Earthlings are so cold.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Imagine if we had the technology that allows the random dooms day morons the access they have today for the last 100 years? You think they are boring now? At some point ATS has to say enough of this lame subject. My God if you guys did not have access to SpaceWeather or NASA whay would you have to say?
edit on 27-9-2011 by MissingRonnieR because: a comet made me do it

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrath

Originally posted by Gixxer
ignat the op is nothing but a fear mongering dis info person sooo tired of his posts trying to make something out of nothing,,,,

I get annoyed with baseless crap spewed about Elenin being Nibiru and whatever else but this isn't the same thing. NASA monitors these things for a reason, because we know we've been whacked by meteors pretty hard in the past. ELEs aren't just fear mongering on ATS, from time to time they DO actually happen. You see any dinosaurs around? No? There's a reason for that.

I will say this about certain people...they do seem to almost WANT it to happen, even if just to say I told you so...before we all fade to black. Some people love gloating and will take it anyway they can get it. Of course, they never get to...but they're always keeping their fingers crossed. A faithful and hopeful bunch, they are.

And if an event like this ever occurred they would still be cheated out of their beloved gloat because they'll all be dead anyway.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Look,
This is more what attention should be paid currently, this 'Little guy',

011 SE58 Sep 27 0.6 LD -- 13 m only appeared on Spacweather.com's chart on Sat 25sept, 13M would be around 43FT about half the size of Tunguska, and is a late detected lunp of rock, and might do some kind of damage. YU55 on the other hand was detected back in July, and appears on Spaceweather'. com's chart on July 27th, so it's been known for a while, maybe more so because it is fairly large, and that's the whole point. When WISE became NEOWISE, it had been discovering more and more rocks in the thousands, Wise is now shut down. If you want to speculate, I would say yes, NASA is after the big buck, but because the rationale is that they have come to realise even more so after NEOWISE that local space is a plain daft place to have people wandering around without the proper infrastructure, and that needs to include better detection of smaller, but dangerous incomings, and more, not forgetting that Elenin was an 'Amateur' discovery, Tunguska itself has been seriously theorised as being a part, or parts, of a comet that had broken off.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignant
NASA says it will hold a news conference at 1 p.m. EDT on Thursday to reveal near-Earth asteroid findings!

"While neither the European Space Agency (ESA) nor NASA has suggested that YU55 poses a threat to Earth, plans to develop a mission to counteract a potential asteroid collision in the future are already underway."

If it did hit it would not be all bad, the earth could use a good cleaning!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

The title says "potential ELE" which to my knowledge means extension level events. Nowhere in the mentioned article is there any ELE. Now that's something I hate.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
YU55 wouldn't be a ELE anyways. From my understanding it will take a asteroid close to a kilometer plus in size to possibly be a ele.

Don't get me wrong it would be devastating like the Tuscarora event and possibly could kill a ton of people, but its not ele capable
edit on 27-9-2011 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010
YU55 wouldn't be a ELE anyways. From my understanding it will take a asteroid close to a kilometer plus in size to possibly be a ele.

Don't get me wrong it would be devastating like the Tuscarora event and possibly could kill a ton of people, but its not ele capable
edit on 27-9-2011 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

yeah what a pity. i mean, why can't this one be an ele and kill everyone right? bummer. its alright though, like you said, itll still kill a ton of people so cheer up guys.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensquad414

Object Name (2005 YU55)
Close Approach 2011-Nov-08
Date Miss Distance (AU) 0.0022
Miss Distance (LD) 0.8
Estimated Diameter* 110 m - 240 m
H(mag) Relative 21.9
Velocity (km/s) 13.72

Source - Neo

Only coming past Us at a slowly 49392 Kms/hr *approx of course

Cheers Oz

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Appar they found a new species of organism that runs off arsenic or something along those lines.. a simple gogle search earlier today revealed this mystery..

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Ozzealander

"slowly 49392 Kms/hr *approx of course "
lol

well we wouldn't want comming in all
willy-nilly
would we?
lol

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by manticorex5
umm i dont get it, why would they announce that? if they don't even know what's gonna happen why would they want people to freak out? weird.
edit on 26-9-2011 by manticorex5 because: (no reason given)

"....after the threat of asteroids colliding with Earth...the last card...the last card...the last card will be the faked Alien threat"

That's why.

Infamous youtube clip of Carolyn Rosslyn who was Werner Von Braun's secretary for a number of years repeating what Dr. Von Braun had told her upon his deathbed.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
and you had to go to the irishtimes to find something about NASA ?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I don't want to cloooose my eyes...

I don't want to faaaallll asleep,

Cause I'd still miss you baby,

And I dawwwwn't wanna miss a thaaaang...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
pretty funny how there's been a few posts about what a great spectacle it would be if it hit the moon. Its like some people dont realise the knock on effects if the moons orbit etc was disrupted!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I found something interesting just poking around the web this morning that I think I had read years ago and completely forgotten about. Its the Testimony of Dr Carol Rosin, Rosin was the first woman corporate manager of Fairchild Industries and was spokesperson for Wernher Von Braun. Von Braun was the German rocket scientists who came here after WW II and became the preeminent rocket engineer of the 20th century in his role with the United States civilian space agency NASA.

"My name is Carol Rosin. I am an educator who became the first woman corporate manager of an Aerospace Company, Fairchild Industries.

I am a Space and Missile Defense Consultant and have consulted to a number of companies, organizations, and government departments, even the intelligence community. I was a consultant to TRW working on the MX missile, so I was part of that strategy, which turned out to be a role model for how to sell space-based weapons to the public. The MX missile is yet another weapon system that we didn't need. I founded the Institute for Security and Cooperation in Outer Space, a Washington DC based think tank. I am an author and have testified before Congress and the President's Commission on Space.

When I was a Corporate Manager of Fairchild Industries from 1974 through 1977, I met the late Dr Wernher Von Braun. We first met in early 1974. At that time, Von Braun was dying of cancer but he assured me that he would live a few more years to tell me about the game that was being played- that game being the effort to weaponize space, to control the Earth from space and space itself. Von Braun had a history of working with weapons systems. He escaped from Germany to come to this country and became a Vice President of Fairchild Industries when I had met him. Von Braun's purpose during the last years of his life, his dying years, was to educate the public and decision-makers about why space-based weapons are dumb, dangerous, destabilizing, too costly, unnecessary, unworkable, and an undesirable idea, and about the alternatives that are available.

As practically a deathbed speech, he educated me about those concepts and who the players were in this game. He gave me the responsibility, since he was dying, of continuing this effort to prevent the weaponization of outer space. When Wernher Von Braun was dying of cancer, he asked me to be his spokesperson, to appear on occasions when he was too ill to speak. I did this.

What was most interesting to me was a repetitive sentence that he said to me over and over again during the approximately four years that I had the opportunity to work with him. He said the strategy that was being used to educate the public and decision makers was to use scare tactics That was how we identify an enemy. The strategy that Wernher Von Braun taught me was that first the Russians are going to be considered to be the enemy. In fact, in 1974, they were the enemy, the identified enemy. We were told that they had "killer satellites". We were told that they were coming to get us and control us-that they were "Commies."

Then terrorists would be identified, and that was soon to follow. We heard a lot about terrorism. Then we were going to identify third-world country "crazies." We now call them Nations of Concern. But he said that would be the third enemy against whom we would build space-based weapons.
The next enemy was asteroids. Now, at this point he kind of chuckled the first time he said it.

Asteroids- against asteroids we are going to build space-based weapons.

And the funniest one of all was what he called aliens, extraterrestrials. That would be the final scare. And over and over and over during the four years that I knew him and was giving speeches for him, he would bring up that last card. "And remember Carol, the last card is the alien card. We are going to have to build space-based weapons against aliens and all of it is a lie."

First the Russians, then terrorism, then asteroids and the final card aliens and its all a lie ??? Makes you wonder doesn't it ???

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
All this rant about if it's gonna be an ELE or not gonna be an ELE
Just tell me, guys, if you knew for sure there is an ELE forthcomming, what could you do about it.
It's just funny...
NASA will tell you anything only if it's already impossible to hide it, and when it is - you will know for sure
and there's not gonna be anything you can do about it. You think you can hide? Noone can escape their own death. Everyone is prepared as they are - could not be more, nor less.
As Jim Morrison said:
You know the day destroys the night
Night divides the day
Tried to run Tried to hide

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join