It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA to Make Near-Earth Announcement Regarding YU55 & Other Potential ELE on Sept 29, 2011

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
"According to NASA’s Near Earth Object Program: “Although classified as a potentially hazardous object, 2005 YU55 poses no threat of an Earth collision over at least the next 100 years. However, this will be the closest approach to date by an object this large that we know about in advance and an event of this type will not happen again until 2028 when asteroid (153814) 2001 WN5 will pass to within 0.6 lunar distances.”

Yea - I have nothing to add!
OP, go home.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by netwarrior

I know how you feel. I, too, put all the pieces together and come up with alien tech but we have to be realistic (after all, how could they travel such great distances when restricted by Einstein's Speed of Light... oh, wait...), it was a rock that exploded.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by XplanetX

Funny...his schedule says he'll be at Abraham Lincoln High School...

www.whitehouse.gov...

Yeah the Pres., definitely just left Los Angeles...got these crazy @$$ helicopters flying around the skies of LA right now.
edit on 9/27/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
My prediction is one of those will hit the moon.
It will be a spectacular event that all could watch.

Yes, but it will happen on the far side of the moon, where all the cool stuff happens.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

No, Obama is in Denver at the moment - just finished giving a speach live feed

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAlmo

The OP posted that it was not suppose to hit earth but they were preparing for FUTURE risks. It might help to read the op before bashing it.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I guess we can now surmise what the conference(s) will be about.
15 metres of something....

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

I wouldn't worry about YU55 at all. My question is what magnitude will it be?

Also the cool thing about YU55 is that it passes between us and the moon on my best friend's birthday
,which is why I remember when it is passing by us. Another thing I just noticed is that this is my 100th post
edit on 27-9-2011 by Greensquad414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrath

I see plenty of Dinosaurs.

They are called birds.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignant

Originally posted by smarterthanyou
reply to post by ignant

Some of those are absolutely massive. Wow.

indeed!

and i sure hope the chart totally accomodates for Earth's exact exertion of GRAVITY for those that come closer to us than the moon, and because there is the moon there is the double-chance of being hit (either directly, or by asteroid hitting moon then throwing off into earth's orbit).

here is the asteroid CQ2011 that in February Nasa says "made the closest-ever approach to our planet without hitting it, an encounter that changed its place in our solar system forever" it's a tiny 1m asteroid but the implications are tremendous for the next and the next.

one look at the diagram and its amazing it missed entry. will be so fortunate the next time around and then the next??

www.space.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Is it possible they are going to address the issue of internet hoaxes and tell us sites like ATS and GLP are a cest pool of paranoia and delusions of the end times, and then they will tell us but all the youtube vids just got lucky this time and that the world may be on the verge of global devistation, and that we all must work together to combat the threat of incoming comets and or planets and sun activity over the next decade to ensure our future on this planet.

or maybe they just gonna tell us about the new space program they got.

But my best guess is an anouncment about how sun activity is acting strange and that we may experience issues with power in some regions if things get worse.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gixxer
ignat the op is nothing but a fear mongering dis info person sooo tired of his posts trying to make something out of nothing,,,,

AGREED!

Ignant...get a grip, Dude!!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

I did not mean that the topic title is incorrect, it's more that Space.com have chosen their own title rather than use the NASA idiom as below which explains the reasons,

' NASA To Host News Conference On Asteroid Search Findings. WASHINGTON -- NASA will hold a news conference at 1 p.m. EDT on Thurs., Sept. 29, to reveal near-Earth asteroid findings and implications for future research. The briefing will take place in the NASA Headquarters James E. Webb Auditorium, located at 300 E St. SW in Washington.

NASA's Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer (WISE) mission, launched in December 2009, captured millions of images of galaxies and objects in space. During the news conference, panelists will discuss results from an enhancement of WISE called Near-Earth Object WISE (NEOWISE) that hunted for asteroids.

The panelists are:
-- Lindley Johnson, NEO program executive, NASA Headquarters, Washington
-- Amy Mainzer, NEOWISE principal investigator, NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, Calif.
-- Tim Spahr, director, Minor Planet Center, Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory, Cambridge, Mass.
-- Lucy McFadden, scientist, NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Md.

Reporters unable to attend may ask questions from participating NASA centers or by telephone. To participate by phone, reporters must contact Dwayne Brown at 202-358-1726 or [email protected] by 10 a.m. EDT on Sept. 29.'

Remember also the presidential directive for putting a man on a asteroid by 2025. While WISE was already ongoing, it does tie in neatly to what WISE was doing, and it is already known that WISE has detected around 33,000 new lumps of rock and numerous comets. The ESA conference on the same day will most likely be a more broader venue, but with some of the same subjects,

www.spaceref.com...

edit on 27-9-2011 by smurfy because: Add link.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

Their are many near Earth Asteroids that are close to our orbit, but will never come in contact with us. One thing to consider is the commercial value of such asteroids, If private industry can land and mine the minerals on these celestial bodies, the space race would truly take off for the rest of us. I believe this is where it will begin in mainstream space flight, since governments are unwilling to share their toys with us. NASA is a joke and I do not trust them nor believe in them. You wouldn't drive the same car for 50 years and just keep updating it would you ? No, you would get the latest and greatest sooner or later. NASA and they're space shuttle are a joke. We need to get private industry involved. But they won't unless they know they are going to make a buck.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by manticorex5
umm i dont get it, why would they announce that? if they don't even know what's gonna happen why would they want people to freak out? weird.
edit on 26-9-2011 by manticorex5 because: (no reason given)

Everyone always says that the governments of the world would keep a ELE quiet, so as not to alarm or panic the people...

But really, why would anyone in government give a toss by that time...?

Who cares if the people panic and riot and kill themselves out of despair..!! They're all going to die anyway so whats the point in not saying everything and give a few people the chance to make peace, get laied (which a lot of ppl here on ats could use), etc...

Originally posted by VI0811
reply to post by ignant

Their are many near Earth Asteroids that are close to our orbit, but will never come in contact with us. One thing to consider is the commercial value of such asteroids, If private industry can land and mine the minerals on these celestial bodies, the space race would truly take off for the rest of us. I believe this is where it will begin in mainstream space flight, since governments are unwilling to share their toys with us. NASA is a joke and I do not trust them nor believe in them. You wouldn't drive the same car for 50 years and just keep updating it would you ? No, you would get the latest and greatest sooner or later. NASA and they're space shuttle are a joke. We need to get private industry involved. But they won't unless they know they are going to make a buck.

If only there was Oil, Coal or Natural Gas on Asteroids..lol
edit on 9/27/2011 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Yeah because there's really a bunker under denver airport..

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Here's my outrageous thought. Shoot it down and disagree if you want - I won't be offended. It's not so much the NASA news conference that got me sitting up straight, but the ESA seminar in Poland. Here's why:

Germany wants to attack Iran. Germany has a shopping list to achieve a surprise attack:

- European economic unity through an engineered Euro crisis, with EU members handing over their sovereignty
- This will pave the way for a huge European Defense Force with a new HQ somewhere in Europe by the end of this year if you believe Catherine Ashton
- a German/Saudi led military coalition of a group of Arab nations
- EDF (and/or UN) military presence at strategic positions in the Middle East
- nukes on the ready: French, British, Pakistani nukes borrowed by the Saudis, whatever they can get their hands on.

Unfortunately, Germany can only get all parties on board if the Palestinians get their West Bank and East Jerusalem. Israel would never have that, because the land belongs to God and they can't give away God's land, as they see it. But the Israelis are in a mighty pickle: surrounded by enemies and not enough protection. So they will agree to a swap: land to the Palestinians in return for German led European protection. Their chiefs of staff have already cozied up together and made strong joint statements to warn off Iran.

Will Angela Merkel pull it off? After all, she promised us two things by this autumn: 1. economic unity in Europe, and 2. a Comprehensive Middle East Peace Agreement. Her very own words. Spoken earlier this year.

I find the ESA seminar far more ominous than the NASA news conference. ESA = European high tech defense. All decision makers together in one handy place on the day the German Bundestag votes on economic unity through some cleverly crafted 'rescue' package, and who knows, will the UN Security Council have finished their back room negotiations on the same day and be ready to vote on Palestinian independence, the lynch pin of the deceptive Comprehensive Middle East Peace Agreement, which is nothing more but a huge military alliance to attack Iran?

The date: 29th of September. Or to be more precise: in the dark of night after sunset.

Dare to think the unthinkable. Inspired by Peter Woolford's book The Genesis Grid, which predicts something major happening in the night of the 29th of September. A headline grabbing event which will involve power, the end of an empire and the beginning of a new one, and fraud & deception and finance. A major power will be cut down, through fraud, deception and hidden powers.

Watch the night after the 29th of September. Watch the Bundestag's vote. Watch the UN vote in New York. Because I think the delegates to the ESA seminar will.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignant

note, the topic title is correct

anyways, here's Space.com's announcement of Thursday's coming conference:

www.space.com...

"NASA to Announce New Asteroid Discoveries Thursday"

NASA will reveal new findings about near-Earth asteroids during a press conference this Thursday (Sept. 29), agency officials announced today.

I stopped reading the posts right here. This is what I think :

If NASA has something really important to share with all mankind, why they don't just make the anouncement and forget all that BS expectations. They see us making speculations for a couple of days, as it was part of a sociological experiment.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

well that was my post and that was not only fire in the sky it actually hit the ground and left one dead

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Thats cool there going to release more data on NEA there have been so many in the last couple months most ppl never know about them and there nothing to get worked up about. YU55 might be crazy would be nice if it fly's by after sun set and slams into the moon would make one sick light show it would light the moon up as bright as the sun for acouple secounds. But i doubt that would happen it will just fly right by us and 90+% will have no clue what almost happend. So far hial bop was the only comet that put goose bumps on goose bumps unless there is something hiding on the edge that will make a visit.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join