It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA to Make Near-Earth Announcement Regarding YU55 & Other Potential ELE on Sept 29, 2011

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

Did I hear a froidain slip in this vidio confrence while the third speaker spoke about astrreiods coliding with each other? She said as she was showing features of the astreiods, " You see here that there is strong evidence of colisions with the planed...oh..sorry I meen other asteriods here in these photos" (not a direct quote and I cannot post a vid as I can not find a rebrodcast yet I will when one is avaliable) It was strange to say the least...Also noticed alot of nerviousness, as if they wer trying not to just shout "SOME OF US ARE SHURE TO DIE...SOOON!!!!"....IDK seems like they wer hideing something to me. If anyone else noticed this slip please conferm I am not just hearing/seeing things....please...

Not a fearmonger, just my take on things.. I am usualy pretty good seeing throught the BS, and reading people when they are hiding something, not being quite honest, or not telling the whole story..

please excuse spelling =)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
Good job spamming NASA guys.
That was smooth. I almost expected someone to post *ATS FOR LIFE*

ROTFL...

Not impressed though, my question was answered thusly;

Question:
If an asteroid or NEO has a condition code of 8, does that mean you're unsure of it's orbit, and there fore it requires further observation before you can give any ‎guarantees about it's orbit?

Answer:
"If the asteroid or NEO has a condition code of 8, it means you are more than welcome to point your telescope at it and help the people of NASA improve their data"

Um, how about you lot with the degrees in astrophysics, and bajillion pound telescopes, and the yearly incomes do the job yourselves hmm?

I wouldn't trust NASA with a pair of kids safety scissors... let alone our lives. Let's see the job they do when ROSAT comes down in November..

edit on 29-9-2011 by Deplume because: missed words

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
funny. the very first question from a reporter was about a brown dwarf star or some other body...basically wiping us out. and of course...the answer was a stern no. how fitting. almost seems too perfect. "nasa...are we gonna die?" nasa: "no!". we have found 93% of the asteroids out there but there are still countless more. how is that? how can you find a certain percentage of something but not all? unless you know how many there already are?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by andione1
reply to post by ignant

Did I hear a froidain slip in this vidio confrence while the third speaker spoke about astrreiods coliding with each other? She said as she was showing features of the astreiods, " You see here that there is strong evidence of colisions with the planed...oh..sorry I meen other asteriods here in these photos" (not a direct quote and I cannot post a vid as I can not find a rebrodcast yet I will when one is avaliable) It was strange to say the least...Also noticed alot of nerviousness, as if they wer trying not to just shout "SOME OF US ARE SHURE TO DIE...SOOON!!!!"....IDK seems like they wer hideing something to me. If anyone else noticed this slip please conferm I am not just hearing/seeing things....please...

Not a fearmonger, just my take on things.. I am usualy pretty good seeing throught the BS, and reading people when they are hiding something, not being quite honest, or not telling the whole story..

please excuse spelling =)

I took notes on the whole thing... that definitely happened.

"Collided with the planet.. uh.. I'm sorry.. with.. with Vesta"

exact quote.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
Good job spamming NASA guys.
That was smooth. I almost expected someone to post *ATS FOR LIFE*

For real? I miss all the good stuff!

st.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deplume

The subconscious mind just can't help itself, especially when people are nervous!

Prepare to get wet! Incoming!

st.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD
funny. the very first question from a reporter was about a brown dwarf star or some other body...basically wiping us out. and of course...the answer was a stern no. how fitting. almost seems too perfect. "nasa...are we gonna die?" nasa: "no!". we have found 93% of the asteroids out there but there are still countless more. how is that? how can you find a certain percentage of something but not all? unless you know how many there already are?

That's too funny! I was thinking the same thing! Over and over again they kept saying we have found X%, but we don't know how many more there are. I was like "Huh?" O.o and YOU people are supposed to be really good at MATH??? last time I checked, a percentage = part/whole x 100

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I wanted answers from NASA but the same old...everything's fine go back to sleep. Tell this woman in Argentina that is now 6 feet under that everything is fine....www.youtube.com... and the fireballs that fell in California...how about that one. I really wanted some recognition of the asteroid that made a close approach on September 27 or some recognition of the fireballs that hit the earth on September 26, 27. Not a vague reference to a fireball that hit the earth in the 90's and caused no damage...again NASA telling us all is normal and everything's fine without even mentioning recent events.

Also, did anyone watch the NASA conference on solar flares. They tell us increased solar flare activity...then again with their calm voice...all is fine, go back to sleep now.
edit on 29-9-2011 by kwell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deplume

I took notes on the whole thing... that definitely happened.

exact quote.

She misspoke and said "planet" when she meant "Vesta".

Vesta is a minor planet -- i.e., an asteroid -- but many people have called it a "planetoid" because of its size. In fact, Vesta is under consideration to have it officially designated as a "Dwarf Planet", which is the designation of Pluto, Ceres, Eris, and other large bodies. If it gets re-classified, Vesta would be the smallest dwarf planet by far.

Obviously Vesta has had collisions with other asteroids in the past, considering that we can see impact craters on Vesta's surface.

edit on 9/29/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Deplume

Thank you for conferming...Wierd stuff happening to me today but that is a thread all to itself...just wish i could post em..cuz BOY'HOWDY do i have something to say that would label me a CRAZY man today...just this video as i watched it i was certian they wer going to say something about a % of a likelyhood of impact in near or far off future, and steps they would try to take for said event if it ever happened..Now they seem to tell us that everything is ok but have no plan. If even one of their calculations are off by even a factor of 1 it could meen total distruction for any part of the globe at any time in the neer or even far distant future. Its all just a matter of doing the math and observing their paths and probabilitys of colisions with each other and even earth or our moon ......

Or do they not do such things at NASA, like make plans and what not?

Oh.... NVM there to busy building satelites that fall out of the sky they can't track... =)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by kwell
...all is fine, go back to sleep now

By the tone of your post, it sounds as if you have specific and credible information that all is NOT fine?

Can you please share that specific and credible information?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

By the tone of your post, it sounds as if you have specific and credible information that all is NOT fine?

Asteroid SE58 type in Sept 27, 2011...the same day Obama, NASA, and others were at DIA..coincidence?... ssd.jpl.nasa.gov... It was very close. The same time falling fireballs...no warning, not even a recognition by NASA. Also, if you notice the condition code is 7, they were uncertain about the orbit so they didn't know if it was going to hit us. They gave no warning but they made sure they were close to the underground bunker in Denver.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Originally posted by SatoriTheory
"I wonder what NASA have to say at the end of the 9th month of 2011. 9/11.

I hope it's interesting, but then I think if it was going to be earth shattering news, it would come from the President.

Maybe.
"

maybe this..

Originally posted by XplanetX
"Meteor shower to hit next week

"

^ we are also being forewarned 5 'planets' will be visible in Oct 2011 sky, jupiter will 'dominate' the sky all october:

BROWN DWARF ALERT???: near earth asteroid conference was very strange....

obvious stark contrast b/w NASA scientists words vs body language and subliminal slip-ups, ie planet!

(but dismissible as scientists can call large asteroids minor planets)

i was in a corporate meaning so only missed most of it, but first discussion was about BROWN DWARFs, hello.

i agree they look scared, nervous and like they just saw a ghost! basically they said they're not certain about figures, if you want to be more certain, help NASA yourself(!) and but don't worry earth is most likely not in any danger at all right now.

and they are going against spaceweather.com's data. apparently NASA's own angelina jolie is assuring us the new project wise shows theres fewer asteroids than previously thought so fewer chances of collisions in the near future, than previously thought.

and here's exopolichick's other vid that helps clarify all the misunderstanding on the web between condition code vs torino code. note, nasa could have avoided this conclusion for the public by placing a condition code near a torino code on their charts, even if zero and even if one is uncertain affection the other value, not leave it out completely.

edit on 29-9-2011 by ignant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by kwell

First of all, the president was out-and-about on September 27th at the Abraham Lincoln High School in Denver, and was seen both before and after that. As far as I know, he wasn't in a bunker.

As for meteors: Meteor fireballs and bolides happen all the time (several times per year and almost always without warning) and NASA rarely -- if ever -- comments on them, not even the few every year that reach the ground. Why would they comment on this past fireball? It's not really a NASA thing.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

reply to post by kwell

First of all, the president was out-and-about on September 27th at the Abraham Lincoln High School in Denver, and was seen both before and after that. As far as I know, he wasn't in a bunker.

As for meteors: Meteor fireballs and bolides happen all the time (several times per year and almost always without warning) and NASA rarely -- if ever -- comments on them, not even the few every year that reach the ground. Why would they comment on this past fireball? It's not really a NASA thing.

Did you notice how close it came to us? Did you notice they were uncertain of the orbit? Did you notice that Obama brought NASA with him? Did you notice any of that?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Wow, 11 pages of mainly people talking about how they know for sure that NASA is lying.

Seeing that everyone is so sure, there should be no shortage of credible proof in the past that can be corroborated and shows a clear indication that NASA has in fact lied.

I mean hard evidence, not conjecture.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
There was no announcement today or was there something I missed? I ha the Tv on around this time an nothing came on of an announcement. Why woul they do it during the day an not at night when most people will be home?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
There was no announcement today or was there something I missed? I ha the Tv on around this time an nothing came on of an announcement. Why woul they do it during the day an not at night when most people will be home?

It was simply a normal NASA press conference talking about recent discoveries. NASA has these press conferences all the time (roughly once a month or so) in which they discuss the results of some of their missions.

The information in these semi-regularly-held NASA press conferences is scientifically interesting, but it seems (at least from what I read here on ATS) that some people find it boring, although I like these press conferences. I think some people expect "world-changing announcements", but then are disappointed by the esoteric science news they get instead.

Today's scheduled press conference was about NEOWISE -- which is a mission that searched for near-Earth asteroids. This is the one year anniversary of the start of the NEOWISE mission (which came after the end of the WISE mission, and used the same spacecraft). Th press conference was simply discussing the data that to date has been analyzed. The NEOWISE spacecraft is no longer in operation (it stopped transmitting in February), but the data is still being analyzed.

On this one year anniversary of the start of the mission, NASA has announced that it has tracked 93% of large near-Earth asteroids. Much of today's press conference focused on the methods they used to determine the size of asteroids using the NEOWISE data.

There is still a lot of data they they have yet to analyze, but today's conference was only to tell us about the progress and findings of NEOWISE one year into the program.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Asteroid SE58 type in Sept 27, 2011...the same day Obama, NASA, and others were at DIA..coincidence?... ssd.jpl.nasa.gov... It was very close. The same time falling fireballs...no warning, not even a recognition by NASA. Also, if you notice the condition code is 7, they were uncertain about the orbit so they didn't know if it was going to hit us. They gave no warning but they made sure they were close to the underground bunker in Denver.

Yes, SE58 was only noticed short-term, on the 25th, however if you look now, (as in posted today) there was also another visitor on the 27th, 2011 SC108/ Sep 27/ 1.2 LD -- 12 m also inside the solar system, this is the point, NASA do not have the infrastructure to deal with ALL the smaller stuff coming in, whether a hit or not. They would certainly know about the big brick however, as they have often said so with the emphasis on the big brick. So I don't think there is a big brick, but there is a rationale for a lot of small bricks that could come from asteroid collisions way out blah blah, Elenin breakup, blah blah.. and that could interfere with the presidential edict of putting an astronaut on an asteroid by 2025 as a precursor to a Mars landing, and all that along with current,(and rightly so) fixation on all the space junk that's in the locality. In a word, they're lookin' more money.

BTW, I thought I should add that Obama's edict could be more to a timescale, more than anything else, see this Guardian article from 2006,

www.guardian.co.uk...
edit on 29-9-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

The WISE satellite was shut down, as far as I know it could still be reactivated to continue the NEOwise project.

en.wikipedia.org...

More info here,

www.space.com...

You will also see that the asteroid mapping info is not exactly new.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join