It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA to Make Near-Earth Announcement Regarding YU55 & Other Potential ELE on Sept 29, 2011

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by fishman1985

Yep you are correct! Odd tho 1:30pm est "The President meets with Secretary of State Clinton
Oval Office
Closed Press "
Why so busy untill the time of the NASA press confrence?
Then nothing for next few days.....Planning on a little spelunking excursion maby?????

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE THE LINK ABOVE AND CHECK HIS SCHEDULE FOR THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS, NOTHING IS SCHEDULED.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by fishman1985
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE THE LINK ABOVE AND CHECK HIS SCHEDULE FOR THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS, NOTHING IS SCHEDULED.

Sorry, posted as the same time as you! Thanks for noticing, why nothing going on media wise I wonder...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Surely if NASA made an announcement that was really interesting (read DOOM) his schedule would be busier?
Unless they gave us 48hrs notice..

Just out of curiosity, is there anything in place, protocol wise, in the event of a strike or a near miss by an asteroid?
Would the president tell us? Or would NASA? My other half says they wouldn't tell us until the last minute, so people wouldn't loot, and stop working, and paying taxes and stuff.... I find it hard to believe that they'd be able to keep something like that quiet.. Would we be given time before it happened?
(Mind you, nobody on ATS would believe a NASA whistle blower anyway... They'd get the ''PROVE IT'' treatment)

This is pure speculation and intrigue btw.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
NASA's Twitter feed says..
"Media teleconference at 2 p.m. EDT on Thurs., Sept. 29, to discuss new information about Mercury."
And..
"NASA news conference about asteroids at 1 p.m. EDT, Thurs., Sept. 29. Good news!" (GOOD NEWS??)

twitter.com...#!/NASA

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignant

hmm wow that many? and why the announcement now this week??

Thanks for making this thread available OP

But, come on folks, I know we're left out of the loop 99.9% of the time but we already have an idea what's behind this. And to me, makes perfect serendipitous sense.

The people controlling our news (knowledge) FINALLY "admit" yet providing enough wiggle room not to commit....there's another HUGE celestial body within our OWN solar system and theorized it will bring an entourage of comets along for the ride.

This has been suspected for years now. at least since Harrington's announcement in 1984 (the dubious Orwellian year I might add) But as recently as 2001 many of us were discussing the possible influences and ramifications of Planet- X (with the shills relentlessly trying to debunk us) and it was warned back then how this planet/star might reek havoc for planet Earth from a possible physical pole shift to an excessive amount of near-earth comet strikes!

So let's not play dumb now.

Planet X, Nibiru, Tyche, Nemesis, Eros, Hercolubus, Sedna, Nibiru, or whatEVER you wish to name it...is out there and is very likely the culprit causing these comets AND......CME's too!

Don't listen to NASA announcements and expect truth. They are TOLD not to come out with any announcement that can potentially cause panic. Not that I think this is such a case but I say it because there are guidelines and limitations for what NASA can say (including astronauts)

[sic]

"Evidence is mounting that either a brown dwarf star or a gas giant planet is lurking in the outer most region of our solar system........scientists say this could explain why a barrage of comets are coming from that direction"

How quickly we forget what was once said then, never mentioned again.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Its about to start now... On NASA TV and web

www.ustream.tv...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Would somebody who is able to watch this show please post updates as to what the press conference is all about? I am unable to watch it right now, but I am recording it.

Thanks so much!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by lyons666
Its about to start now... On NASA TV and web

www.ustream.tv...

Thanks!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Nothing breathtaking so far. Just general info about WISE/NEOWISE.

Summary:

Good news is that they say they've found 93% of BIG NE Asteroids.
edit on 29/9/11 by 35Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
just finished talking about the number of 'planet killers' they found..around 900 but none on a path to earth and the number of smaller ones they found, 19.000ish...these numbers are smaller than they thought.

does anybody find it coincidentail that this is being talked about at this time, with all the elenin stuff going on, satilites re-entering ect ect.......

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Once the presentation is over, they will discuss rumors and incorrect information in their chat room.

Many questions have surfaced about YU55 before they paused the chat.

www.ustream.tv...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by clearmind
...does anybody find it coincidentail that this is being talked about at this time, with all the elenin stuff going on, satilites re-entering ect ect.......

This is the one year anniversary of the beginning of the NEOWISE mission, and the point of the press conference is to tell us what the NEOWISE program has found in that year.

The WISE/NEOWISE spacecraft has been shutdown since February, but the data is still being analyzed. NASA is using this anniversary of the beginning of the mission to tell us about the results (so far) of that ongoing data analysis.

edit on 9/29/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I sure this is what they are/were talking about:

PASADENA, Calif. -- New observations by NASA's Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer, or WISE, show there are significantly fewer near-Earth asteroids in the mid-size range than previously thought. The findings also indicate NASA has found more than 90 percent of the largest near-Earth asteroids, meeting a goal agreed to with Congress in 1998.

Read more here

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

"We've found an asteroid with it's own asteroid crater, indicating that the asteroid was hit by another asteroid, and that means that we have to do whole new trajectories for it, and it's all very exciting because now we can use informations we have to find out more about the crater from an asteroid which is on an asteroid and know all the things." *Here is film of deep impact for three minutes* End.

I wasn't THAT far off was I?
Except the deep impact showing...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
what a relief,, that guy who said he was too an Comet/Asteroid,, was telling the truth,,
he was,, ROBOTICALLY,,
he flew the model jetcraft,,
onto the Asteroid,,
Comet Templ1,,

seen it,,
on a NASA live feed,, oppps,,

oh no its ok now,, too talk about it,, whoever you were,,

have fun

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Well, what did I really expect from the "chat"??? As soon as we started making statements and asking questions, they ended the chat session.

Did they really think that we wanted to ask/talk about WISE?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Good job spamming NASA guys.
That was smooth. I almost expected someone to post *ATS FOR LIFE*

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Watched the NEO NASA conference...did anyone notice:

No one mentioning 2005 YU55 and its very close pass to earth in November.
Lack of recognition of the asteroid SE58 that made a close pass at earth on September 27 in which they gave no warning.
Lack of recognition of fireballs that hit the earth on September 26 and 27 that caused damage and even killed people, only a brief reference of one that hit in the 90's.
There recognition of brown dwarfs but saying at this point no imminent danger....did they mean today or for years from now?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by kwell

Most of the discussion centered on how NEOWISE data is used to tell the size of an asteroid -- something that is very hard to do in visible light. Therefore, I'm not sure how YU55 would be pertinent.

As for the 100 or so brown dwarfs WISE and NEOWISE have discovered, none of them are close to our solar system. They are all further away than the nearest stars, so I'd think worrying about one of those brown dwarfs causing havoc in our solar system would be akin to worrying that Alpha Centauri, Sirius, or Procyon will do the same.

edit on 9/29/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join