It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA to Make Near-Earth Announcement Regarding YU55 & Other Potential ELE on Sept 29, 2011

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
NASA says it will hold a news conference at 1 p.m. EDT on Thursday to reveal near-Earth asteroid findings!

"While neither the European Space Agency (ESA) nor NASA has suggested that YU55 poses a threat to Earth, plans to develop a mission to counteract a potential asteroid collision in the future are already underway."

www.irishweatheronline.com...

plus, saw this on the spaceweather.com... front page ( below the Sept 22 X-flares info
)

img823.imageshack.us...

hmm wow that many? and why the announcement now this week??

edit on 26-9-2011 by ignant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignant

"While neither the European Space Agency (ESA) nor NASA has suggested that YU55 poses a threat to Earth, plans to develop a mission to counteract a potential asteroid collision in the future are already underway."

plus, saw this on the spaceweather.com... front page ( below the Sept 22 X-flares info
)

img823.imageshack.us...

Probably because they know of other NEO's of which the data is not publicly available. We seem to have a multitude of NEO's heading our way right now and the fire in the sky over Buenos Aires might be a small appetizer of what possibly lies ahead.

edit on 26-9-2011 by XplanetX because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
umm i dont get it, why would they announce that? if they don't even know what's gonna happen why would they want people to freak out? weird.
edit on 26-9-2011 by manticorex5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

Makes me think of the EBS test coming the ninth of November.
I want to see Nasa actually say something about these comets and asteroid around us. Maybe someone will ask about Planet X.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Also note that many NASA officials along with the president are safe in their bunker right now, or will be very shortly.

They did not have enough room for all of their employees, so the next best thing they could do was warn them:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
They’ll probably harass us with more Star Wars bull rap because they thought it was so awesome..

They'lll also tell us stuff that we don't need to know because we already know crap.

As someone said in another thread, NASA has jumped the shark.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
maybe a whistle blow attempt

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
175 m long and 326,000 miles from earth ?

yikes this is actually something that bears watching
edit on 26-9-2011 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX

Funny...his schedule says he'll be at Abraham Lincoln High School...

www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Funny...his schedule says he'll be at Abraham Lincoln High School...

www.whitehouse.gov...

That's why I said if not now, soon.

Schedules can also change quite quickly.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
ebs test? oh yeah makes sense. when is that test scheduled for again? *forget*

anyways here is the link to nasa.gov. notice they have been quiet no i mean *silent* for the past few months like the calm before the storm.

neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

"Although classified as a potentially hazardous object, 2005 YU55 poses no threat of an Earth collision over at least the next 100 years. However, this will be the closest approach to date by an object this large that we know about in advance and an event of this type will not happen again until 2028 when asteroid (153814) 2001 WN5 will pass to within 0.6 lunar distances."

so as to confirm whats been debated in other yu55 threads, NASA is confirming YU55 *will* come closer to earth than the moon (passing between) on/about Nov 8 and again 15 yrs -- assuming it doesnt hit us or the moon this November!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
So will we actually be able to see this one? Im sick of all these rocks flying past and we never get to see anything!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

video posted june 10th try again bro

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignant
NASA says it will hold a news conference at 1 p.m. EDT on Thursday to reveal near-Earth asteroid findings!

)

img823.imageshack.us...

AH, exuse me, but, THERE WERE, potentially . Look at the graph and above it says, THERE WERE. SO, where did they go to NOW. Did they just dissapear out of thin air?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSmokeydogg7

video posted june 10th try again bro

If there is something amiss then they have probably known about the upcoming 'event' for quite some time. I am already aware of when this video was released.

edit on 26-9-2011 by XplanetX because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-9-2011 by XplanetX because: syntax

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
My prediction is one of those will hit the moon.
It will be a spectacular event that all could watch.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
wow never thought of that scenario...that would be cool as long as it doesn't massacre every1 in the process

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NewsWorthy

Where will the moon be during those close approaches?
Can anyone come up with that?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
ssd.jpl.nasa.gov... SE
SE58 2011 is coming extremely close tomorrow and would hit with force of a nuke if it impacts. Odd how we didn't hear of this.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

Interesting. Based on the chart they're not life threateningly close, but still that's pretty dang close. I think it's worth holding a conference over, but I don't know if that's worth of being called a "potential extinction level event"....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join