It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul will be on the Daily Show tonight!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I wish Ron Paul would not always be 'high ground' like when he went soft on Perry for Perry putting his hands on Paul, which is assault, legally. The man is up against devil evil, re. the NWO. But I guess thats just his personality then, what can ya do.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
bump

coming up now!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Jon -"Ron Paul will be my guest tonight!"

Audience - "WOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Jon - "Oh im sorry, I meant Rick Santorum"

Audience - "Uhhhh....."

Side note - Now that Rick Perry segment......amazing
edit on 26-9-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
"Indecision 2012 The Great Right Hope"

Ah ha ha ha ha

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Definantly one of the best Daily Show episodes Ive seen

For those that were not able to catch it, the Daily Show website and another one of Paul's websites (I believe) will have the episode up shortly. Plus the interview went longer than the time allowed and the full interview will be up on the Daily Show website to.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Nice one from Stewart in the first segment. The MSM has a problem with him in general, not just because he's consistent.

The rest was cool but kind of boring. It seemed even the audience was a little stunned at the end as they didn't hoot and holler his response, which had happened earlier.

I think Americans are just stunned by common sense, which Ron Paul speaks. We are pretty stupid as a whole, I've seen. They have tried to give us Palin for Veep and now Bachmann for President, really? I have nothing against women but I do have a thing against stupid people, ESPECIALLY if they are running for a pretty big job such as this.

We shall see. Maybe the American people can awaken from their slumber, it's a deep one to be sure.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

edit on 27-9-2011 by BohemianBrim because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
The Daily show has the Ron Paul Video right now!

www.thedailyshow.com...

EDIT: Be sure to watch it all the way through, it has a extended ending to see the full interview.
edit on 9/27/2011 by Mcupobob because: Ron paul 2012

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Mcupobob

Watching now...thanks for the link. They are wanting Chris Cristie to join the race? John Stewart gets this right. I personally think they are trying to dilute the Ron Paul vote.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
For people outside of the US:

Ron Paul on Daily Show

Was a good interview, pity all the good stuff was online only

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

that and send this message

"vote for one our other hand picked candidates.... just ignore the old guy who is always right"

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Just finished the interview, was good thought John was fair. Didn't care for how he was trying to get Ron to point out a time in history were his Ideologies have ever been tried.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
I wish Ron Paul would not always be 'high ground' like when he went soft on Perry for Perry putting his hands on Paul, which is assault, legally. The man is up against devil evil, re. the NWO. But I guess thats just his personality then, what can ya do.

I find it highly ironic you're complaining about Ron Paul being TOO moral, compared to someone like Rick Perry or Mitt Romney who are giant sleaze bags.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Comedy Central should be ashamed of themselves. The best parts of the interview were cut out. I doubt too many people who aren't Ron Paul supporters are going to go watch the rest online.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Crap I missed it? asdjkladfngkljadnflgkjadfnsg. To the above poster, if they cut out parts of the interview they ought to be ashamed, you have to remember they are an institution/business and they have a stake in keeping the status quo going as much as any other outlet of "news" or information, or news-comedy for that matter. I don't even want to watch the interview now..
edit on 9/27/2011 by smarterthanyou because: (no reason given)

edit: then again, you can only fit so much on TV unfortunately its a 30 minute show, with the last 5 minutes reserved for the interview and then another 3-4 minutes of commercials. I'm surprised they had any real time to talk at all, no wonder all the juicy stuff was on the web after the show was over. That's typically what happens on the daily show.
edit on 9/27/2011 by smarterthanyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
When Stewart made the assertion that the free market regulations are only accountable to shareholders and that in the current system at least we can vote for representatives that make the regulations he was entirely wrong and Ron could of really hit him hard but let him off the hook.

In our current structure most regulations are authored by bureaucratic morons who were simply hired not voted for.

Also, in a free market regulations may first come from the corporations but those corporations will not be around very long if the people decide they don't want to buy their products because of poor regulations. In our current system, corporations are accountable to a few government bureaucrats in a free market corporations are actually accountable to their customers, AKA, the people.

Our current system puts a middle man between the people and the corporations and the middleman is supposed to act in our interest but instead they act in the interest of the corporations.

In a free market there is no middleman, if a corporation sucks (think monsanto, etc...) the government cannot cover for them or write laws that allow them to stay in operation, the people have the direct power to end that corporation and set a strong example for any other corporations that do likewise.

The free market does not ask corporations to regulate themselves and allow share holders to rape the people, it is the exact opposite, in a free market the people can hold their corporate feet to the fire without being hindered by laws that allow pollution, corruption and the like.

Our current system legalizes bad corporations, in a free market the people would be in control, not legislators who legalize bad behavoir and thus make it "OK"
edit on 27-9-2011 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by sd211212

Need stern to get on his side to.

If Howard came out for Ron Paul, it would scare me. In fact it would cause me to worry and do some more research. Truly I believe Stern's support would gain him votes from those who want to see Howard get a # from Kacey Jordan, or those that find the endless repetition of the nickname Baba Booey hilarious, but it would prevent him from being elected.

In the same way I would truly like to see Jesse Ventura in the VP position in the White House, but his presence on the ticket would just make it much harder for Ron Paul to win the election.

For weeks now everyone has bemoaned the lack of coverage by the MSM, but I feel that this is the way it has to be. If the MSM did jump up immediately and give Ron the coverage he deserves it would be a sign that we are on the wrong track. If the same thing happened in the Nixon days it would not mean this, but in the role the "purchased" Media has assumed these days, I think most of us would be shocked if they did the right thing. So much so that it would even prove things were not that bad.

No, the fact that the MSM is not covering Ron Paul is just more confirmation that we need him badly.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

Have to differ on this one. We have had all the underhanded candidates we need for the rest of our lives. IMO Ron has to take to high ground in order to win. Let's just hope enough American's can see this through the prescription fog that most of them walk around in.

Think about it, if Ron weren't affixed to the high ground they would have been able to find something legitimate to attack him with by now. I for one am glad they haven't, it shows me that this vote will not be wasted.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sageofmonticello

When Stewart made the assertion that the free market regulations are only accountable to shareholders and that in the current system at least we can vote for representatives that make the regulations he was entirely wrong and Ron could of really hit him hard but let him off the hook.

In our current structure most regulations are authored by bureaucratic morons who were simply hired not voted for.

Also, in a free market regulations may first come from the corporations but those corporations will not be around very long if the people decide they don't want to buy their products because of poor regulations.

In our current system, corporations are accountable to a few government bureaucrats in a free market corporations are actually accountable to their customers, AKA, the people.

Our current system puts a middle man between the people and the corporations and the middleman is supposed to act in our interest but instead they act in the interest of the corporations.

In a free market there is no middleman, if a corporation sucks (think monsanto, etc...) the government cannot cover for them or write laws that allow them to stay in operation, the people have the direct power to end that corporation and set a strong example for any other corporations that do likewise.

The free market does not ask corporations to regulate themselves and allow share holders to rape the people, it is the exact opposite, in a free market the people can hold their corporate feet to the fire without being hindered by laws that allow pollution, corruption and the like.

Our current system legalizes bad corporations, in a free market the people would be in control, not legislators who legalize bad behavoir and thus make it "OK"

To add to the above;

For the first hundred years or so of our Country, if someone wanted to create a corporation they were only allowed to do so if they could show that they were operating in the public interest, and then they would only be granted the charter for ten years, or for the term of a certain project. Once this term expired they had to show again that they were operating in the public interest or the corporation was not renewed.

Stupid rule huh? Rockefeller thought so to, and look what he owns/controls/influences now. Okay class can you say Monopoly? No Johnny not the Milton Bradley game.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Be sure to watch it.

I hope Stewart won't treat him like a lunatic and will be respectful.

I mean, he's been respectful to trash like Rumsfeld and Musharraf when they totally didn't deserve it.

I hope he gives him good publicity.

We'll see.

Ron Paul set to appear on Jon Stewart show
edit on 26-9-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

I know you wrote this before the show but Stewart is a gentleman to his guests and he will call out either side for being stupid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join