It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan film documentary claims proof of aliens

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
Im a big supporter of the research and work going into decyphering the ancient texts and hyroglyphs.

I think theres major evidence of somthing interfearing in the development and disappearence of these wise and old civilizations.

One thing is sure. The Maya politicaly and religiously as a study shows what large scale brainwashing by the combo of a political and religious cult can accomplish. A land at war between sacred bloodlines and wizards that ruled absolutely.

Its funny though how some will get worked up at any suggestion that there was ever outside influence in that culture.....unless it was aliens.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I didn't mean to imply that a they would hover the whole time here. The statement I made about hovering was really to argue the ancient runway idea. Which I understand u did not bring up. A landing pad makes more sense, which I admitted. I find it silly that you'd imply that the lack of a landing pad would dissuade aliens from landing at all. Being able to hover....well they could land wherever they wanted.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv
reply to post by Harte

Oh really. Please state the tools that were found that could possibly be used to face rock they way it had to have been done, other than a tool that could break rough rock out of a quarry.e

And , we are talking about rock cutting and facing tools. Not the tools found that were used to make statuary, like dolomite pounding rocks and copper based tools that rubbed sand to smooth and carve the statues.

Granite and limestone, basalt an diorite were all sawn with copper saws and sand abrasives. They were smoothed with rubbing stones and sand abrasives.

There is no question about this because such tools leave marks, which have been found over and over. They have been found on granite, basalt, diorite and (obviously) limestone.

Here's a link to a pic of a plaster cast of one of the saw marks found on Khufu's sarcophagus:
petriecat.museums.ucl.ac.uk...#

Modern experiments with copper saws and sand show that granite can certainly be sawn into blocks that are very smooth indeed on the sawn face. And this was done by some archaeologists, not professional masons like most ancient (and modern) cultures have available.

Your incredulity does not suffice as evidence. You should check out the cut rates that these geezers obtained when experimenting. No question it could have been done that way. Here's one to look at:
findarticles.com...
Harte

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Your first link doesn't work, and so the Mayans used granite like the Egyptians? Why does that still debunk ET contact? To me it's still possible for ET to visit us. But do we have any evidence? Now that is another story...

Just googling Mayan discovered, I found these 2 recent discoveries. Not ET, but nonetheless they are still making discoveries, so who knows about this thread.... (yet, I do have my doubts lol)

Pictures: Maya Royal Tombs Found With Rare Woman Ruler - National Geographic

ATS Thread

Not really sure what to make of this video, but pretty cool:

Can anyone confirm the authenticity of this video? I can't find any links discussing the video, but here is some background:

From Wiki:

Erich von Däniken's "Maya Astronaut" Pakal’s tomb has been the focus of attention by some "ancient astronaut" enthusiasts since its appearance in Erich von Däniken's 1968 best seller, Chariots of the Gods?. Von Däniken reproduced a drawing of the sarcophagus lid (incorrectly labeling it as being from "Copan") and comparing Pacal's pose to that of 1960s Project Mercury astronauts, interpreting drawings underneath him as rockets, and offering it as evidence of a supposed extraterrestrial influence on the ancient Maya.

In the center of that frame is a man sitting, bending forward. He has a mask on his nose, he uses his two hands to manipulate some controls, and the heel of his left foot is on a kind of pedal with different adjustments. The rear portion is separated from him; he is sitting on a complicated chair, and outside of this whole frame, you see a little flame like an exhaust.

Von Däniken's claim is not considered a credible interpretation by any professional Mayanist.

Wiki Link

The Lord Pakal video came out three days ago...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
The conversation about tools is interesting. Did the mayans build with granite? All in all I don't think we give enough credit to ancient stone masons. It's easy to sit here and watch ancient aliens and say wow...you could never do that back then..not with those tools and their limited knowledge. C mon tho guys...let's give man some credit here. How many of us have ever tried to work stone? Or would have the slightest clue how to? These men were masters of their craft. Capable of the same complex thought as us. I think it demonstrates a large amount of arrogance to insist so vehemently that ancient man couldn't have done these things alone. I admit to the mystery of it but I'm much more inclined to believe that if we were in their shoes, aided by knowledge of our fathers and years and years of careful study and practice, without our endless options of today and droves of slave laborers at our disposal, we would be very surprised at what we could accomplish. Half of us here could probably rebuild and upgrade our computers, or explain the workings of a combustion engine without batting an eye, but become bewildered by the thought of ancient man, with the same brain capacity as us, building a pyramid with huge rocks. I'd say it was a combination of know how, technical ability, time, devotion, and mass, mass amounts of very hard labor that was most likely carried out by slaves. I get the feeling we are maybe robbing our ancient ancestors of some much deserved praise ( and a few shame on yous ). If aliens helped that much in the building of pyramids or whatever...would we really have to grasp so desperately at straws trying to make a case for it? It wouldn't have been a secret....that mass amounts of people were used to build the Giza pyramids is pretty much fact....I like the idea of ancient secrets being passed down for ages and ages but I doubt you could get your own staff to keep a secret like aliens helping with your job let alone the thousands of slaves you are forcing to work.
edit on 29-9-2011 by FloatingGhost because: Spellcheck goofy

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by game over man
reply to post by Harte

Your first link doesn't work,

Sorry, I guess the Petrie Museumwon't let you link to individual pics of their collection. I found that pic searching with the term "saw marks" in the search box on the linked page.

and so the Mayans used granite like the Egyptians? Why does that still debunk ET contact? To me it's still possible for ET to visit us. But do we have any evidence? Now that is another story...

It merely shows the fact that people could shape large stones into reasonably smooth surfaces. Hence, to do so wouldn't require ET technology.

That was the claim, that people "couldn't have" done this.

Erich von Däniken's "Maya Astronaut" Pakal’s tomb has been the focus of attention by some "ancient astronaut" enthusiasts since its appearance in Erich von Däniken's 1968 best seller, Chariots of the Gods?. Von Däniken reproduced a drawing of the sarcophagus lid (incorrectly labeling it as being from "Copan") and comparing Pacal's pose to that of 1960s Project Mercury astronauts, interpreting drawings underneath him as rockets, and offering it as evidence of a supposed extraterrestrial influence on the ancient Maya.

In the center of that frame is a man sitting, bending forward. He has a mask on his nose, he uses his two hands to manipulate some controls, and the heel of his left foot is on a kind of pedal with different adjustments. The rear portion is separated from him; he is sitting on a complicated chair, and outside of this whole frame, you see a little flame like an exhaust.

Von Däniken's claim is not considered a credible interpretation by any professional Mayanist.

Wiki Link

The Lord Pakal video came out three days ago...

VonDaniken fails to mention the Mayan glyphs in Pakal's tomb that actually tell us what the sarcophagus cover depicts - Pakal falling (or climbing - Mayan is sort of hard to translate) through the tree of life.

This was carved into the walls when Pakal was entombed. The motif of the Mayan tree of life can be found at many other Mayan sites, and it looks just like the one in Pakal's tomb.

VonDaniken could be forgiven for not knowing this when he first published "Chariots of the Gods?" because Mayan had not been translated at that time.

Since then it has been (around 1980, IIRC - could have been the 70's.) If EVD is still going around making this claim, then he's simply lying and he knows he's lying.

And now you know it as well. The question is, what will you do with this knowledge?

Harte

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Thanks for the reply. I'm not a big enthusiast on the Ancient Alien theory, but I do find it entertaining. All in all humans 100% built all the ancient structures, there still is a possibility they were visited by ET. I know that sounds really stubborn, but the Ancient Alien Theory uses structures and cave paintings as evidence while I simply use what we are doing in space currently in my own way to confirm that other life in the Universe could possibly be doing the same thing. And doing the same thing at a more advance rate. Unless we are the only life in the Universe.

If we survive another 100 years, think if we are capable of deep space travel and come across an Earth-like planet with advanced "ancient" society...Do you think we would land and try to communicate? Maybe...

Could a new room or tomb been discovered?

Could the Mexican government release an 80 year old secret?

I would assume there would be more info, even if it is going into film production. In fact, why even release this news at all? Why not a few months before the film? Look at the Dark Knight Rises for example a lot more buzz than this...

Also re-goggling this, the claim seems to be over a month old? No new news?

Sounds like a HOAX

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
It keeps alternating between Aliens and Atlantis.

They were Aliens that came from the sky!

No, they were expeditionary scientists from Atlantis evacuating their people to the Americas!

Well, the Native Americans have some strange stories to tell about something which would appear to resemble much more the latter than the former.

Heck, what about Atzlan being Atlantis?

Given that that would be in a time period of >10,000 BC, I guess we may never know.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I think this may be related to one of my posts back in August

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1-10-2011 by WeMoveUnseen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

reply to post by Harte

Thanks for the reply. I'm not a big enthusiast on the Ancient Alien theory, but I do find it entertaining. All in all humans 100% built all the ancient structures, there still is a possibility they were visited by ET. I know that sounds really stubborn, but the Ancient Alien Theory uses structures and cave paintings as evidence while I simply use what we are doing in space currently in my own way to confirm that other life in the Universe could possibly be doing the same thing. And doing the same thing at a more advance rate. Unless we are the only life in the Universe.

It is perfectly reasonable to assume that there is intelligent life elswhere in the galaxy, and maybe even all over the galaxy.

However, assuming some sort of routine interstellar travel is full-on fantasy.

Obviously, it's possible that aliens visit the Earth and have in the past as well. But regarding the past, at least, there's no evidence at all for this and thus no reason at all to believe it.

Makes for fun speculation, I'll admit. But people here fully believe in this inanity.

Harte

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Anyone heard anything about this recently?
With the apparent release date being a month away and all...

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

reply to post by Harte

It is perfectly reasonable to assume that there is intelligent life elswhere in the galaxy, and maybe even all over the galaxy.

However, assuming some sort of routine interstellar travel is full-on fantasy.

Obviously, it's possible that aliens visit the Earth and have in the past as well. But regarding the past, at least, there's no evidence at all for this and thus no reason at all to believe it.

Makes for fun speculation, I'll admit. But people here fully believe in this inanity.

Harte

I'm with you on that, I think if its going to happen we've probably missed it already.
Would be typical of us humans to assume all the important stuffs going to happen in our lifetimes.
I disagree with you when you say there's no evidence at all though, I'm not saying there definitely is, I'm saying if there is, we've probably seen it already and dismissed it as something else, I mean, what if this evidence wasn't as impressive as we expect?
And what if ancient man did write accounts saying "men came from the stars and gave us stuff so we worshipped them".
No ones ever going to take it literally unless people open their minds up a tiny bit to the idea. I'm not saying I believe it, I think I doubt it as much as I do believe.
But I think its important our ignorance doesn't cause us to dismiss every part of possible evidence.
If every archeologist has the basic belief that there's no way aliens could have possibly been here, then we'll never find any evidence will we.

Although I must say, everything I've seen presented as evidence in the ancient astronaut series is explainable.
The only stuff I do think about is the stone of the pregnant woman and similar things
edit on 15-11-2012 by Wongbeedman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by discharged77

OK if they are here they are obviously highly evolved organisms. And what do you have when you have highly evolved organisms? You have VIRUSES THAT HAVE A STRICTLY SYMBIOTIC RELATIONSHIP WITH THOSE HIGHLY EVOLVED ORGANISMS!!!!! And no matter how thorough the alien visitor were in hygiene, a LOT of those alien viruses would have made it across the cosmos along with those alien visitors. In many cases, viruses outside of a host do not die rather they become dormant.

THE SMOKING GUN that will once and for all prove that we are not alone is the discovery of alien viruses here on this planet. The visitors themselves are way to advanced to allow us to detect them directly in most cases. But nature has a funny way of slipping through. We need to search and test specifically for viruses that do not match the typical chromosomal patterns, for are comprised of proteins that do not have the classic "L" conformation.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Most likley a publicity and marketing ploy. Any evidence they do produce will be srutinized by Ats.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by olddognewtricks

OK if they are here they are obviously highly evolved organisms. And what do you have when you have highly evolved organisms? You have VIRUSES THAT HAVE A STRICTLY SYMBIOTIC RELATIONSHIP WITH THOSE HIGHLY EVOLVED ORGANISMS!!!!! And no matter how thorough the alien visitor were in hygiene, a LOT of those alien viruses would have made it across the cosmos along with those alien visitors. In many cases, viruses outside of a host do not die rather they become dormant.

THE SMOKING GUN that will once and for all prove that we are not alone is the discovery of alien viruses here on this planet. The visitors themselves are way to advanced to allow us to detect them directly in most cases. But nature has a funny way of slipping through. We need to search and test specifically for viruses that do not match the typical chromosomal patterns, for are comprised of proteins that do not have the classic "L" conformation.

1) Aliens here will have already undergone the technological singularity. They won't be biological and hence no viruses.
2) Do you have examples of viruses that lay dormant outside of the host? That sounds interesting.
edit on 11/15/12 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join