It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan film documentary claims proof of aliens

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

LOS ANGELES (TheWrap.com) -A new documentary about Mayan civilization will provide evidence of extraterrestrial contact with the ancient culture, according to a Mexican government official and the film's producer.

"Revelations of the Mayans 2012 and Beyond," currently in production, will claim the Mayans had contact with extraterrestrials, producer Raul Julia-Levy revealed to TheWrap.

"Mexico will release codices, artifacts and significant documents with evidence of Mayan and extraterrestrial contact, and all of their information will be corroborated by archaeologists," said Julia-Levy, son of actor Raul Julia.

Source

Wow, what kind of classified info have these governments been sitting on? I cant wait to see this myself.

What do you think???

Mod Note: Starting A New Thread – Please Review Link

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites, please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, and your opinion on the information as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.
edit on 9/26/2011 by tothetenthpower because: -Mod Note-

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
It's more likely a marketing attempt to boost tourism considering that its only a few months till 2012. A lot of documentaries and 'specials' promise some amazing new discovery that will change everything, but in reality if there was anything that was credible enough to support this idea of ancient astronauts, it would be announced at a press conference broadcast live on every news outlet, rather than in the editing room of some broadcaster looking to earn their ad revenue.
edit on 26-9-2011 by Shino because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by discharged77

Yeah I remember seeing a thread on this a while ago it was pretty much decided here that it was a pulicity move in a way to make money off the phenomenon. Remember mexico has probably one of the highest amounts of UFO sightings in the world. Its huge down there as well. Kinda like one big, sweaty, hot, ATS down there
With beautiful whetherwww.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 26-9-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by discharged77
Wow, what kind of classified info have these governments been sitting on? I cant wait to see this myself.news.yahoo.com...

What do you think???

I think it's about time we wake the f**k up and open our eyes to what has, and is happening to our world.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
i believe that this is going to be the start of disclosure for many governments. its about time that one of the worlds governments starts to disclose information about extraterrestrials. furthermore, todays society is capable of dealing with the issue at hand before then two decades ago.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Im a big supporter of the research and work going into decyphering the ancient texts and hyroglyphs.

I think theres major evidence of somthing interfearing in the development and disappearence of these wise and old civilizations.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I found it interesting that the governments of Mexico and Guatemala where green lighting this documentary. I do believe that there is still a lot about these ancient civilizations we have not figured out.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeforeTheHangmansNoose

Originally posted by discharged77
Wow, what kind of classified info have these governments been sitting on? I cant wait to see this myself.news.yahoo.com...

What do you think???

I think it's about time we wake the f**k up and open our eyes to what has, and is happening to our world.

Really, so what is happening exactly?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

And yes, they expect people to take this seriously, because the messages he plans to impart are crucial to human survival, Julia-Levy insisted.

I'm not so sure this is a marketing attempt. I think there's a little something more behind this. What that is, only time will tell.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I could see people making some of these claims but what interests me is the government backing of such a project. Is this what some are calling Disclosure?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I really don't think there will be anything new that the Ancient Aliens show hasn't already covered.

Just my .02 but what could they possibly have? The slightest archeological discovery these days gets nearly instant coverage. I'm betting it's going to be an Ancient Aliens show compressed and condensed into a zeitgeist format.

I'm already calling a half baked fail on it.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
From the articles I've read today it seems that the alien angle on this film was big when talk of it first began but has been downplayed a lot recently, by order of mexican officials, in hopes of maintaining the films credibility. Now the main focus seems to be on archeology and the Mexican government allowing the filmmakers access to sites, specifically calakmul, that have not been previously explored, as well as ancient texts and prophecies that have been locked away by the Mexican government.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
As long as this isn't like:

"it would be impossible for the mayans to build their buildings because the stones they used were too heavy. And how did they cut them?"

It sounds really interesting to me.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by thesearchfortruth

Right, that would be a huge let down. I find it very interesting that the huge claims by the films producers are actually being supported by the 2 governments. It's largely happening because they are showing what they haven't and don't have to and they are allowing access to apparently unexplored (or restricted?) sites. Granted it's not the U.S or Russia backing these claims but still...was it a government official or a filmmaker who made a statement that they were doing it to aide in the survival of mankind?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by discharged77

In a release to TheWrap, Luis Augusto Garcia Rosado, the minister of tourism for the Mexican state of Campeche, said new evidence has emerged "of contact between the Mayans and extraterrestrials, supported by translations of certain codices, which the government has kept secure in underground vaults for some time." He also spoke, in a phone conversation, of "landing pads in the jungle that are 3,000 years old."

While the Guatemalan government is not offering information about aliens, it has joined Mexico in supporting the project. "Guatemala, like Mexico, home to the ancient yet advanced Mayan civilization ... has also kept certain provocative archeological discoveries classified, and now believes that it is time to bring forth this information in the new documentary," Guatemala's minister of tourism, Guillermo Novielli Quezada, said in a statement.

Very cool! This looks like it is going to be great. I would love to be at an advance screening.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

the 'government backing' is the minister for tourism?
hmm.

still hopeful!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Too bad the aliens didn't share the idea of metal weapons with them huh? While other cultures were using them, the Mayans were still using obsidian tips... Somehow, I don't think aliens were involved with them at all...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
This looks like it may actually be something. Let's hope.

The film will be directed by Juan Carlos Rulfo, who won the Humanitas Prize for "Those Who Remain" in 2009 and the Sundance Grand Jury Prize for International Documentary for "In the Pit" in 2006. Juan Diego Rodriguez Gonzalez will serve as the Guatemalan executive producer, and Eduardo Vertiz as the Mexican executive producer.

thewrap.com

Producer Raul Julia-Levy claims that archaeologists will will be supporting these facts mentioned in the OP and other posts. Filming begins November 15, 2011.

S+F OP thanks for sharing

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by decepticonLaura

The minister of tourism was interviewed by press and spoke on behalf of Mexico regarding the film. The ok to explore and document the site calakmul and access unreleased Mayan artifacts and information came from the president. At least according to the article in Reuters.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Very interesting! Here are the links to the Wrap:

link

This 2nd link has a little more information:

link

How can they make an announcement like that and not share a little bit more info...

I've always thought of Governments, Military, or Coast Guards what have you discovering or possessing ancient artifacts.
edit on 27-9-2011 by game over man because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join