It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very bright star ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
reply to post by Sparkzz

Alrighty... then it was probably Jupiter, and now it's probably been replaced in that location by either Aldebaran or Betelgeuse.
Most of the brightest stars in the sky happen to rise in the east within a period of a couple hours.

I can see Jupiter right now. It's almost due east, and it's very bright and twinkly.

Now get your camera, take different shots of pictures and then zoom in 3x and you 'll get the same thing I get.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Sorry its just I rush things i'm only 16 and i just get hyped up next time i will look it up on google first

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I'll go with 2. Jupiter is probably SE to S in your location and is easily identified. Close to the moon...sort of.
Phage also stated in another thread that Sirius is also in the eastern skies early morning which I will confirm.

The whole Orion outline is viewable early morning.That should be easy enough to view in the Orion belt.
Beetleguese is easy to spot also with the red tint.
The other stars could be Gemini with Castor and Pollux leading the way.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mugger

At the OP's location, Sirius will be rising to the east-south-east in 2 hours.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Obviously we don't have enough information to work with..

but my guess would also be Jupiter.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Thanks for all your help guys i think its Jupiter most likley

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparkzz

I've been noticing that object since I moved here to Idaho. You are right, it is so bright and beautiful. It seems like this past week, or so, it has been bigger and brighter than I have ever seen it.

I don't know what it is either but I tend to notice it at just short of about 45 degrees in the east night sky at about 9 to 10-ish at night. That's when I take my dog out for a walk. And then it works its way south as the night progresses. I can see it through my bedroom window as I drift off to sleep.

My husband thought it might be Jupiter.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker84

I used my iPhone 4 and recorded a few minutes of it. If I ever figure out how to embed my own videos here, I'll load it up. It was the brightest star we've ever seen in our area. At first, I called my wife out, I thought I saw a UFO. It was easily like 3 times brighter than your North Star and it was absolutely stationary. The altitude is so low that a flying airplane would look about the same size as this thing.

I've seen the same thing. Last night it even got very bright and then dimmed to a pinpoint then evened out to the brightest "star" I've ever seen. Would something natural cause that? Or is it UFO activity? (I'm in the southwest US)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Sorry if that's a legit image i thought you was having a laugh it looks like a monkey blurred but you edited your post and put another image of it zoomed out which looks like a star i'm so sorry
edit on 26-9-2011 by Sparkzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by idunno12

From your location, Jupiter shouldn't be that high in the eastern sky until after midnight.
At 9:30 pm your time, Jupiter should be just above the horizon. And, at that time, there's nothing really all that bright further up in the sky.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Use the zoom function. Zoomer 2 is a good program if you have the crappy windows 7 zoom function.

Last Night, This was facing in the front of the house above.

This Morning, This was facing in the back of the house.

edit on 26-9-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
reply to post by idunno12

From your location, Jupiter shouldn't be that high in the eastern sky until after midnight.
At 9:30 pm your time, Jupiter should be just above the horizon. And, at that time, there's nothing really all that bright further up in the sky.

Really? I wonder what it is then.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
It has to be Jupiter. It's much brighter than any other "stars" now, close to directly overhead at midnight, and still visible in the west after sunrise. Venus is on the opposite side of the Sun now, more or less, but when near and at its brightest, it's much brighter than Jupiter.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Im also in the uk, SW of London and have been noticing this for a few months in the East/SE sky. I guessed it was 1 of the planets as its passage across the sky is a lil faster than the constellations.
But is Jupiter in a stage of its cycle that brings it closer? only it does look a lot brighter at the moment, even with heavy cloud cover i can see it, and its also still visible when the moon crosses its path

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Jupiter has been in the night sky for some time now. Recently it's been rising early and can be seen all night until around dawn I guess...from east to west. Buy an app like Skyview and you can hold your phone to the sky and see all of the planets, stars and satellites by name and track their movement.
You'll also learn when one of those lights in the sky are moving, which are satellites and which ones may not be!
good luck

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by talon

Jupiter is currently the closest, and brightest, it ever gets - 3.971 AU (594,053,145 km; 369,127,510 mi).

top topics

<< 1   >>

join