It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very bright star ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Well at about 10pm I saw this bright star I just thought yea whatever but i just went back out and its still there very bright and iv'e never seen it before, it looks much bigger than every star iv'e seen just thought id post this because its just doesn't look like a normal star I really want to get a photo of it but my camera is not working

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
That's the star I've been taking pictures of. I have another one from this morning with a similar image.

edit on 26-9-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Yes it looks alot like that, no it doesn't i'm being serious just wondering what it could be would like a decent answer

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Seen something like that i live in oregon. without a doubt its not a star, stars twinkle this this is a beacon of space station light

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparkzz

Did you check out Stellarium, to see if it's just a star or planet yet?

edit on 26-9-2011 by gavron because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Yes i used it but i see like four stars pretty big on it but outside i only see one find it abit confusing. perhaps i overreacted :/
edit on 26-9-2011 by Sparkzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I also was trying to determine what that big object was last night. Its the brightest/biggest stationary object out the past few nights but couldn't get a clear shot last night through my scope due to high humidity, but I left it out last night to adjust to the heat so may be able to get a clearer shot of it and if so will take pictures and post.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Stars should be gone by morning time. I shouldn't be able to take a picture of it. I do have video of the star from last night and this morning.

Last night

This Morning

edit on 26-9-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
if you look maybe 20 or 30 degrees next to it it looks like a tiny nebula complete with dust.....its kinda awesome. I see the thing every night same spot never moves its really weird. its not the big or little dipper tonight if i can see its really cloudy right now in oregon gotta storm commin I will try to see the surrounding constellations....that might help pinpoint.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparkzz

We need more information. For instance...
Where are you?
In what direction is the star?

As soon as someone says that they're seeing a bright object in the sky, my first thought is Jupiter. But, it's impossible to tell if we have no idea where you are or what part of the sky you're seeing it in.
edit on 26-9-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Don't know if we're seeing the same thing but I saw somethin' on Saturday night.

I used my iPhone 4 and recorded a few minutes of it. If I ever figure out how to embed my own videos here, I'll load it up.

It was the brightest star we've ever seen in our area.

At first, I called my wife out, I thought I saw a UFO. It was easily like 3 times brighter than your North Star and it was absolutely stationary.

The altitude is so low that a flying airplane would look about the same size as this thing.

It was a star for sure though, it wasn't blinking, it was just very very bright and just stays there. I live up on the mountains in San Gabriel Valley, at night times I get a pretty clear picture of the sky. I can see big dipper and a lot of other constellations during the years.

I've lived around this area for more than 15 years and this is the first time I've seen a star as bright as the one on Saturday night.

Didn't really look into it anymore on Sunday but Saturday night was something else.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I live in south wales Uk

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
CLPrime to post by Sparkzz

i accidentally posted i meant to change my post " i live in south wales Uk" to a reply to CLPrime

edit on 26-9-2011 by Sparkzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparkzz

Okay...that's half of what I asked.

At 10 pm your time, Jupiter was nice and bright toward the east.
Right now, it should be just a bit higher, and slightly further south (east-south-east). Where Jupiter was, though, there's now a star called Aldebaran, which is slightly dimmer

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Thanks for your help just was really curios to what it was sorry if i wasted your time

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
when i see it its south east in oregon. and it stays in one spot all the way till dawn and its white and close by can't miss it and please nobody say its elenin lol.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparkzz

Nothing I take the time to reply to is a waste of my time. I just don't want my reply to be a waste of your time because I'm not working with enough information. It's important to know in which direction you saw the star, otherwise it could be pretty much anything in the sky.

ETA: unless you're talking about wasting our time, in general... in which case, don't worry about it, never be afraid to ask about something if you're curious.

As I said, Jupiter was to the east. Was what you saw to the east? If it was, then it was probably Jupiter. If not, then you need to tell me so I can tell you what else it could have been.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Yes its east

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparkzz
Well at about 10pm I saw this bright star I just thought yea whatever but i just went back out and its still there very bright and iv'e never seen it before, it looks much bigger than every star iv'e seen just thought id post this because its just doesn't look like a normal star I really want to get a photo of it but my camera is not working

Look. You can type. You can get on the internet. You can wonder on ATS to a large number of people what you are seeing without citing one single, definitive detail that is worthy of further discussion.

Augment your knowledge and look up a star chart that also includes planets and perhaps you will be amazed at what you can learn.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparkzz

Alrighty... then it was probably Jupiter, and now it's probably been replaced in that location by either Aldebaran or Betelgeuse.
Most of the brightest stars in the sky happen to rise in the east within a period of a couple hours.

I can see Jupiter right now. It's almost due east, and it's very bright and twinkly.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join