It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO YouTube Videos ….WHY all the hoaxes?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I am somewhat new to ATS, and am still working my way around the site. I do believe I posted in the correct area. If not, please direct me where I need to be. Also, I love the site! It’s very nice! It feels good to be a member! Thanks a Bunch….!

I have always had an interest in UFO’s and/or aliens, but more so after seeing something I could not explain in the sky while camping in the mountains of Colorado. One night lying back on the ground enjoying the view of the stars with my wife, we saw many satellites going slowly across the night sky. It was all pretty neat until we saw what we thought to be a satellite come to a complete stop for about 2 minutes, and then shoot fast in the opposite direction and then disappear! Both my wife and I were in utter shock and disbelief! After that, I grew much much more interested in the phenomena, and wanted to know more about what others experienced concerning UFO’s and aliens. It was unfortunate we didn’t have a camcorder to record the event! Addressing the story to other people, they just looked at me like I was a nut case! Even my close friends thought maybe I had one too many cocktails to drink while I was camping. LOL!

So where was the first place I looked? Well, it turned out to be YouTube. I thought it quite interesting to see all the “so called” UFO/Alien sightings. At first, I was in total awe to see that there were so many other people who had the same or similar experiences I had! But it seemed like the more I looked, the more confused I became. I had come to the realization that 9 out of 10 of the YouTube UFO/Alien videos were fakes or hoaxes. Which of course bags to ask the question...”WHY”? Is it all about disinformation? Are people so in denial about UFO’s/Aliens that they have to concoct a video in order for them to feel safe or more secure about their lives? Why is it so hard for people to accept the fact that UFO’s and aliens exist? To be more specific, I am talking about UFO’s and aliens that are not of this world. They are real…Right? Why are so many people bent on lies and deceit? I would love for the day to come when some huge alien ship hovers over a major city! I can only imagine the videos people would create to debunk it! I can see the YouTube videos now... “Teenage kid creates mile long inflatable Alien space ship in his basement”. Of course our Gov. will throw out their interpretation…”Large gas leak causes people to hallucinate”. I will say this much… YouTube is not the place to find the truth! If anything, I found myself more discouraged with each post I came across. Even a lot of the more formidable channels on YouTube were questionable. I just don’t know what to believe. Am I crazy? YouTube is not convincing me they exist, but more that they don’t!

edit on 26-9-2011 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Its to discredit the real thing

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

They are real…Right? Why are so many people bent on lies and deceit?

Attention.

Some need it.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

Sadly I reckon 999 out of a 1000 are BS.

When you consider that now we live with more f#$%heads per square meter than at any time in our history such things are inevitable.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Either for attention or to laugh hysterically at all the idiots that fall all over themselves believing something without any real proof. You are never going to see a legit UFO video on YouTube first.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Most take it as a joke, but they are not ready.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I'd say the main reason there are so many is because of how far CGI has come. Now days a 15 year old kid with a regular home PC and some Computer animation program can create footage that (if they have some natural talent) fool even the most skeptical of us.

Why do they do it? Well I'd say it's the same reason other people hack things....to prove their own superiority. If they can fool thousands of people, it gives them a "high"....The more people they fool the "higher" they get.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I think its because people have noticed that when someone posts a fake UFO video on youtube lots of people believe its real.

Also people have been faking UFO pictures for 50 years and pretty much been getting away with it. Now everyone has access to cheap video cams and software. Its just the next progression. Sometimes the motivation is money , sometimes its fame and sometime it just gives people an ego boost when they fool lots of gulible people. Also Youtube is pretty anonymous so the fakers dont care if they get away with it or not.

At least in the old days you have to be a convincing liar to get anyone to notice your fake pics. These day you just upload it to you tube saying "this is what i filmed last night, its NOT a fake. Right after i finished filming it shot off at an impossible speed....."

Of course then you get the people who just film something that cant be easily identified and then they presnt it as a UFO. Not fakers of the event just the presentation.

Sometimes you get GFX and video artists who just create an interesting UFO video for fun or to practice thier skills who upload it to youtube saying its not real and then other people download it and represent it as a genuine sighting..

edit on 26-9-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion
But it seemed like the more I looked, the more confused I became. I had come to the realization that 9 out of 10 of the YouTube UFO/Alien videos were fakes or hoaxes. Which of course bags to ask the question...”WHY”?

Personally it seems to me that most of them are not hoaxes per se, but are explainable objects that are being presented as UFOs. Some of them are obviously perfectly normal floating lanterns, balloons or aircraft, but the poster seems oblivious to any possibility other than ET- controlled spaceships
People simply have no discernment these days, the plain simple truth is just not acceptable (or even considered) for most now. Aside from that there are also a large number of hoax clips and that is probably just a product of how easy it is to fake things with today's software. Unfortunately any truly interesting clips are completely buried under the avalanche of crap, so they've been rendered moot. The ET question can now never be answered until a spacecraft is filmed in close quarters by a number of people, or until ET's make actual contact. Even then it's going to be hard to get the masses to believe it's not some viral ad campaign for a new movie or something.

edit on 26-9-2011 by SavedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

No but if this is being done for attention by UFO believers then they are harming the community much more than anything else.

I do think though that many are planted on purpose. Before the internet it was next to impossible to get the message out even if you filmed yourself drinking beers with real aliens.

Whoever is in charge of keeping it under wraps knows that the internet made it possible for truth to spread fast. Hence the planted fakes.

If you think the govt wouldn't go to this effort they would. Think about it. Hire just ONE guy with a camera and any amateur visual effects program and he alone could pull off the hoax.

It doesn't even have to be govt. Could be the religious institutions, cults, corporations, or any nut with some free time. Heck the aliens themselves could even pull it off lol.

There are probably many reasons for it. I bet some are real. The real ones would be dismissed as hoax by the average skeptic and probably even by believers.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
If you have a genuine interest, you have to look past that. Real sightings are very rare and researching this topic is something you do over a lifetime.

Most posts here on ATS are not worth bothering with either, but you get the hang of filtering them out. You are right in that anything from YouTube is for the most part pure garbage.

You also have to ignore the Trolls if you're serious. When you research this in a serious way you will be labeled a disinfo-agent by the Trolls. They have no interest in truth and its a game for them. Many of them are children I think.

After a while at this you will figure out who the Trolls are and who the serious people are. People who really want to know the truth don't post the YouTube video's.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

After a while at this you will figure out who the Trolls are and who the serious people are. People who really want to know the truth don't post the YouTube video's.

i totaly agree. There are quite a few members here on ATS who seem to spend all day searching youtube for any UFO video they can find so they can post it here just to get flags and stars (im sure we could all name a few). They seem to do this almost every single day and every time they just come up with awful vids. Im sure they actually believe they are popular members because of the amounts of vids they present when in reality it makes them as popular as a fart in an elevator with the serious researchers.

aod

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Pictures and clips of ET spacecrafts is of course the "smoking gun" when it comes to prove alien visitation. I think a lot of people want to belive in ET visitation and therefore aren´t so critically about their own "proof" and often missidentify or doesn´t care to identify UFOs, because they so strongely want it to be extraterrastial.

Many members just post clips from youtube and think they are a part of
the "investigation" for the truth and explenation of the phenomenon. But ATS are a great site for information on the topic nevertheless. Chose your threads to read wisely so you don´t spend hours in vain, as I did in the begining.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
If I filmed an actual UFO it would be uploaded to YouTube, there's no better site to host it on. If I used my own paid hosting the bandwidth limit would be eaten up within a day, therefore it's pointless.

I don't get the attacks by ATS members towards YouTube really. It's free video hosting and that's why people use it.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
Its to discredit the real thing

That is what I think. The best place to hide a tree is in a forest. The best place to hide the truth is in a pile of lies. I often wonder if maybe the government is behind a lot of the fakes.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Is it any wonder when you think about it? Social network would be where and how to share information not mass media oriented. To discredit is more discreet than pulling the plug right?. It's sad but it should not surprise us that places like youtube end up promoting more garbage than quality but it sould've been a formidable tool of communication.

However, like someone said above, no government conspiracy is necessarily needed when you have so many in the masses willing to ridicule the subject themselves depending on their belief system or primitive fears.

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
reply to post by PhoenixOD

It doesn't even have to be govt. Could be the religious institutions, cults, corporations, or any nut with some free time. Heck the aliens themselves could even pull it off lol.

There are probably many reasons for it. I bet some are real. The real ones would be dismissed as hoax by the average skeptic and probably even by believers.

It is utterly absurd for people to think that they can ridicule something beyond their control.

I just keep telling myself that they are probably part of the equivalent dark force that want to keep the true universe from being known.
edit on 26-9-2011 by Exv8densez because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Simple. Useful idiots. Take away the useful idiots (the ignorant audience that trolls youtube) and you will see a DRASTIC reduction in moronic videos. Unfortunately this subject is filled with a majority of ignorant people, and most aren't even willing to deny their own ignorance.

For every youtube moron that makes a stupid light in the sky video, films a reflection, sets anything UFO related to music (lol), seemingly films ufo's at will.......for every one of those morons there are hundreds of people that eat that crap up and beg for more. Those people are the ones I call "useful idiots". They are so ignorant they don't can't even fathom that they may indeed be ignorant. It's a disease.

If I was in the government and wanted to cover up UFO's, I would be in love with the zillions of "useful idiots" that do my job for me.

Think about it.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis

Simple. Useful idiots. Take away the useful idiots (the ignorant audience that trolls youtube) and you will see a DRASTIC reduction in moronic videos. Unfortunately this subject is filled with a majority of ignorant people, and most aren't even willing to deny their own ignorance.

For every youtube moron that makes a stupid light in the sky video, films a reflection, sets anything UFO related to music (lol), seemingly films ufo's at will.......for every one of those morons there are hundreds of people that eat that crap up and beg for more. Those people are the ones I call "useful idiots". They are so ignorant they don't can't even fathom that they may indeed be ignorant. It's a disease.

If I was in the government and wanted to cover up UFO's, I would be in love with the zillions of "useful idiots" that do my job for me.

Think about it.

I know I got caught up into it at first. I thought….”Wow, everyone has seen a UFO! Look at all the videos”! It was hard to piece together what was true and what wasn’t. Over time, you just figure out which ones are real and which ones are fake.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by StevenQ
Most take it as a joke, but they are not ready.

With what I saw, no one can convince me otherwise. I am curious as to what people will do when the REAL deal does come along. My guess is they'll make 2 videos instead of 1...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
reply to post by Blaine91555

i totaly agree. There are quite a few members here on ATS who seem to spend all day searching youtube for any UFO video they can find so they can post it here just to get flags and stars (im sure we could all name a few). They seem to do this almost every single day and every time they just come up with awful vids. Im sure they actually believe they are popular members because of the amounts of vids they present when in reality it makes them as popular as a fart in an elevator with the serious researchers.

Other than ATS, is there another site(s) that seem legit when it comes to UFO/Alien videos?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join