It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Secret America...What for...?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
When I was smurfing YouTube I came across this vid. A few Washington Post investigating reporters are mapping what lies beneath the streets of america. These reporters themselves do not know exactly what this underground infrastructure is for but are amazed about the size and activity.

I have the strong feel that the US citizens are completely detached from their government and the government from them. They both do not care about eachother. But the funny thing is that this government is sending the bill for their underground activities to the citizen they do not care about and it seems that the citizen just pay-up and do not care what is being bought with that money.

National security and top secret is the answer a curious citizen will get if he would ask where his money is going. And that is the end of it. The reporters think there has been a massive building underground going on ever since 911.

If there was no serious indication for a threat it would be insane for a government to start all these underground projects.

Should it not be about time that the US citizens demand from its government some answers about what it is up to? And I am not even mentioning all the other bottemless money pits the government has hidden away.

Watch this,

I started this thread in the US Political Madness forum because I think it has all about to do with political madness. If a Mod think this thread should belong in some other forum its fine by me.

edit on 26/9/2011 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Should it not be about time that the US citizens demand from its government some answers about what it is up to? And I am not even mentioning all the other bottemless money pits the government has hidden away.

Americans have been demanding an end to the Federal Reserve for decades and yet it persists. We have been demanding an end to unjust laws yet instead of repeals we see countless new ones voted into place every day.

You can demand anything you want, only when you are able to take it does the demand actually mean anything.
edit on 26-9-2011 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

There is no doubt extensive tunneling is going on. I am surprised that in some places the ground isn't falling in. Why? Who knows it actually makes no sense probably even to them. This is causing all type of questions and theories circulating. It has been said by off shore informants that the cost could be as much as 40 trillion dollars. When you run the numbers the largest debt holder of the US debt Is the US citizen. Ever wonder where all the illegal drug money is going? Ever wonder where all the Black ops money is going? Ever wonder where all the missing money is going? Why is it going there?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Journalism has gotten a bad rap in recent months (here in the UK at least) but I have nothing but respect for some of these investigative journalists.

The video raises some very interesting points, the most prominent one that stuck out to me is that these buildings are hiding in plain sight! We find ourselves looking so hard for these underground/underwater/middle of nowhere secret bases that we fail to see what's right under our noses.

Maybe it's time to take a step back. Stop looking and start seeing.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

I agree there are some things classified. EG. anti-missle cannons on the White House. I don't mind that. We don't want people to know what tech we are using for defense. I stopped the video when a shock came over about how many facilities GD has. Lockheed and NG are bigger defense contractors than GD.

Getting a TS clearance isn't that hard if you aren't up to anything (and yes, they are smart enough to figure it out), and they don't tell you anything anyway. It's a joke inside when you get your clearance, "So...where's the alien hangers at?".
edit on 26-9-2011 by SemiDamaged because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Very interesting piece of investigative work. Once again, the Washington Post is coming through to shed light on what's going on behind the scenes.

I read up on this Top Secret America and noticed PBS was putting out a hour long documentary last year. Any idea where I can find this?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
yeah well people your free to believe this if you want

i dont as soon as that dude said corporate i know what polticial ideology he subscribes to and just taking what ever he wants to justify his own beleifs.

and if those are the same people who came up with deep under ground military bases

dumbs well im sorry not going to jump on this bandwagon.

everyone else is free to do what they want to myself not buying what they are selling

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JGibWakes

I believe that you can find the documentary that you are looking for here : PBS.ORG Top Secret America Frontline
some interesting features here and at the Washington Post.

I recently watched a program on one of the C-SPAN channels that featured Dana Priest. She and William Arkin (I think that is right), have published a book. I am hoping to find it in one of my local libraries or on sale.

p

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
You would think these places would really stand out. You would see them and know what you saw. Well just take a look at AT&T and thier "Recovery Exercise". Here I will post some photos from Pompano Beach, FL.

Seems like they ae just picking a big parking lot to do thier drill.

But why are they putting air ducts into the ground?

How about Mobile, AL "Recovery Exercise".

Yes full hazmat suits. They really want you to be able to call grand ma If a nuke goes off or is this under ground bases hid in plain sight?

Heres Bedminster, NJ "Recovery Exercise".

Whats so speacial about Bedminster, NJ that is AT&T's under ground command center,

Heres the address. One AT&T Way, Bedminster, New Jersey 07921, U.S.A. You can put that in google maps for a over view. maps.google.com...

And what is this exactly at Bedminster, New Jersey.
They call it Amphisculpture?

Heres AT&T's site where they list some of the exercises. They have them at stadiums,ball parks,concert halls so on.
www.corp.att.com...
edit on 26-9-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You don't believe there's collusion between GD, Lockheed, Boeing, etc. and the federal government?

Who do you think does all the work for the government here in America? Federal employees?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
So who is the overseer?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
yeah well people your free to believe this if you want

i dont as soon as that dude said corporate i know what polticial ideology he subscribes to and just taking what ever he wants to justify his own beleifs.

and if those are the same people who came up with deep under ground military bases

dumbs well im sorry not going to jump on this bandwagon.

everyone else is free to do what they want to myself not buying what they are selling

Should a two time Pulitzer Prize reporter not deserve some credit? I mean.....you have heared about what they say about huge lies?

On the other hand I was thinking that the Washington Post is owned TPTB. Why should the WP allow and pay these reporters to expose some of TPTB 'hidden' projects.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
So thats why we're broke

The whole country is in a recession but it looks like the government is always hiring.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Hopefully by saying this, this wont be my last post

but...I've heard their is a secret underground building in Durham, UK. Under the ol' inland revenue building of all places....if its true you have to wonder how many of these they have and why!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I saw that 7min preview a few weeks ago and it sparked my interest. There is an AT&T radio tower in finksburg, md that I've been told by previously "in the know" goverment employees that there is a multi-level building below this tower.

www.gambervfd.org...
edit on 27-9-2011 by sinfall because: (no reason given)

location on google maps.... 39.518636,-76.911174

cryptome.org...

A2 writes again:

In the antenna pix, the AT&T tower has two "KS horns" on the south corners which are links to the Lewiston, Md site according to old FCC records. Lewiston is hard to find along the ridge north of Frederick, Md. If memory serves, Lewiston was linked to Finksburg and Monrovia, both interesting AT&T sites. Finksburg has a bunker and was last mentioned as the place where crypto keys are managed for the STU-III phones. Probably before that it was a tap onto the major cable route along the east coast.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I watched the full video at PBS' website, but it seemed more about 9/11, Afghanistan, osama than about what was shown in this preview. Did I watch the wrong video?

The hidden world of the government is what interests me about this. the hidden in plain site stuff.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
book on sale at Amazon
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1317145491&sr=1-1

looks pretty interesting

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by A-Dub
So thats why we're broke

The whole country is in a recession but it looks like the government is always hiring.

What you mention there is something I also wanted to say in my OP but reasoned that if I will go there will be no end to my post and finally wonder off topic alltogether.

The amount of money wasted for millitairy stuff, bailing banks and whatever purpose that is directly connected with the ultra rich f♪ck-ups is embarresing to know. If only half of that money was spent on projects for the poor, health-care, education or a mission to Mars there would be still money left for some other fruitfull important and good things.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Yep those recovery trucks are pretty awesome with what they do.

www.corp.att.com...

I don't recall seeing the hoses in the ground, just being put out, My initial reaction is that all the equipment in the trailer when running would need a heat exhaust system (being ducted out through those hoses). If it was infact hooked into the ground, possibly might be connecting with a bigger/different part of the phone line, they bury a lot of cables and such. /shrug

I am sure that AT&T does a lot of work for the Feds.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by sinfall
I watched the full video at PBS' website, but it seemed more about 9/11, Afghanistan, osama than about what was shown in this preview. Did I watch the wrong video?

The hidden world of the government is what interests me about this. the hidden in plain site stuff.

There may be a few more things to find at the Washington Post's site. There were plenty of interviews with the author (CNN, FOX, etc..) if you care to search.

I think that you watched the right video. If you were expecting some wholesale expose on DUMBS, I am sorry that you didn't get what you wanted (dammit LOL)

I think that you have part of it. The hidden stuff in plain sight. That amazes me too. The other part of it is how huge it is. How many people now work at a job (locally) with a TOP SECRET clearance? How many did this before 9/11? How efficient has this been considering the cost (blank check?)? Has it "stopped"/prevented any terrorist attacks? Is it so big that there is too much information gathered requiring analysis that it doesn't get to the right people? in the right timeframe? etc...

I think there may be a couple of threads on ATS regarding this topic. I can't link them as my search tool appears to be broken. /raises eyebrow

Not that this isn't political madness.

new topics

join