It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ANALYSIS: Russia probes Chechen-planes link.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Investigators are becoming suspicious of a Chechen passenger aboard one of the downed Russian flights due to the fact that no kin have come forward to claim her body.

news.com.au
August 27, 2004

A TOP investigator into the Russian plane crashes gave the first hint today that Moscow suspected Chechen rebels may have been involved in the incidents, Interfax reported.

Russia's Transportation Minister Igor Levitin said investigators were looking into why no-one came to collect the corpse of a woman that he identified as Dzhabrailova - a Chechen name.

"At the moment, we are investigating all version of events, including why no one came to look for the Tu-154 passenger Dzhabrailova."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I must admit that when I first heard of this tragedy, I thought of Chechnya. It should be noted that investigators admit they currently have no evidence of terrorist connections to this woman.

[edit on 8-26-2004 by Valhall]

SMR

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 01:12 AM
link   
The news just made mention that they are thinking she wore a belt with explosives attatched.Since women in Russia are not frisked,she may have been able to go right through security.
I cant find any news links supporting this.Only just saw this on TV.

new topics

join