It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Creator

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I am almost positive that this has been a thread at some point in time. I'm sure of it. Regardless, I am relatively new to this forum and would love to hear what both sides have to say about this. Obviously this is more directed towards the individuals in favor of a creator, but I am positive there will be interesting comments from the opposing side. ANYWAY! If there was a creator, an almighty being that brought everything into existence, what created him? What triggered the being to create life at that particular time or life at all for that matter? Why not make creatures as perfect as the being itself? Could the Creator be a metaphor for something? Before anyone mentions it, this thread was not meant to deceive anyone. I am curious to hear these questions answered to the best of everyone's ability.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Tony4211

I have no great answer, but from my own point of view I know that there was no creator. So therefore, if there was no creator, then nothing could have created the creator that never existed.........

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

Personally, I don't believe in a creator either. I believe that time never began, nor will it ever stop. Universes are constantly being destroyed and rebuilt on a large scale as well as small. Just because we can not explain something, does not mean we need to rely on ancient superstitions to explain it. That is just my opinion, I suppose. What do I know. haha

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

K This is joke right ?

Partner you can not be serious ? No way.

I mean if this is a joke it's a damn good one. But ho man if you're serious ?
You could not have picked a more stomped on topic around here than this one.
edit on 26-9-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Oh what the hell SnF.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I tend to believe in creation by an intelligent being... Why couldn't aliens be involved in our creation... Is that really harder to believe that 'god spoke everthing into existance'.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by hudsonhawk69

I personally do not believe either one of them. I tend to not believe things because that shows a lack of evidence.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Thank you for bringing thought provoking conversation to the table. I can always count on a creationist to insult someone for asking a question!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tony4211
reply to post by davethebear

Personally, I don't believe in a creator either. I believe that time never began, nor will it ever stop. Universes are constantly being destroyed and rebuilt on a large scale as well as small. Just because we can not explain something, does not mean we need to rely on ancient superstitions to explain it. That is just my opinion, I suppose. What do I know. haha

The only reason that a creator ever came into a human beings mindset was to give some kind of meaning to mans existence and life itself. It is mans way of having a meaning as to why we are here, it's a crutch, something for man to lean on in the hope that there is a meaning to it all. Man cannot come to terms with the fact that we evolved over billions of years, we are born, we survive and then we die. But man wants more than that, he wants to believe that there is a reason for all this and that he will carry on somewhere else after he has deceased.....

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

. I can always count on a creationist to insult someone for asking a question!

Well yes you can. Even tho I havn't insulted you yet I can see I'm going to. OK..... one of those tough sense of humor types. So what was the topic again ?
You don't want me at the table anyway. I'd just try to make a shirt out of the table cloth.

Ok who created God ?

What you suggest is an infinite number of causes in regression. That is impossible, so there must be a causeless cause somewhere. God is simply the causeless cause.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tony4211

I personally do not believe either one of them. I tend to not believe things because that shows a lack of evidence.

Well??? Share share... I assumed that the purpose of ATS was to share ones point of view and to learn about other peoples ideas and theorys.

What pray tell is yours???

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

well it does say in the bible " and WE create you in OUR image" . So does that not suggest that their was more than 1 creator ? Thats if you believe in the bible though !

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

K This is joke right ?

Partner you can not be serious ? No way.

I mean if this is a joke it's a damn good one. But ho man if you're serious ?
You could not have picked a more stomped on topic around here than this one.

Oh what the hell SnF.

9/11 's a pretty stomped on topic as well, and people still talk about that.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by knowthepath

well it does say in the bible " and WE create you in OUR image" . So does that not suggest that their was more than 1 creator ? Thats if you believe in the bible though !

Excellent... Now we are making some headway. That is an enticing tid bit but do you have something to share or are you going to dance around the bush because you are afraid of having people disagree with your point of view?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I (lack of a better word....haha) believe in the Evolution Theory because it has the most evidence to back it's claims. Does that mean I am close minded on the subject? Absolutely not! If another possibility opened up that had a substantial amount of evidence, I would be sure to research it and come to a conclusion.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
The Creator is the Source of all the energy in existence.

The Creator is not a man or a woman, or some civilization or some alien or anything a human can fathom. Because the Creator IS...simply IS...no time, no was, no used to be....no form, no shape, no space..

Since the Creator does not conform to the ways of time and space, The Creator is Infinite, in both power and ability.

But such wisdom was portrayed by people throughout the centuries and Alexander Pope has worded it perfectly:

"Know then thyself, presume not God to scan;
The proper study of Mankind is Man."

Because God is not someone or something you can fathom, or even understand.

However, there is a connection in every human being, a place where God enters and never leaves until the human has left him, its the heart. Its the place where God sends his love (and I use the pronoun his because English does not have a gender neutral pronoun)

And like Rumi said: “My friend, you thought you lost Him;
that all your life you've been separated from Him.
Filled with wonder, you've always looked outside for Him,
and haven't searched within your own house.”

link   
1. learn to differentiate between gods and God.
2. the mystical is not how the world is, but that it is.
3. call it what you want

link   

the believers created the creator which created them. its like a circle that doesn't end.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Creationism is merely a simple-minded person's attempt to answer a question that is essentially impossible for a being viewing time from a subjective standpoint to answer. The very idea that the universe has always existed, for no discernible reason, is way too much for them to answer without adding some supernatural element to the mix. Unfortunately, their answer merely brings up the question that you presented in your OP.
Although this dead horse has been beaten to death, then resurrected ad infinatum, your OP deserves a star and flag simply for the fact that it may cause heated debate between the Creationists and Scientists. That's always amusing to watch for me.

Edit to add: As I'm truly Agnostic, I must add something to be fair; if there is a Creator, then is logical to assume that time itself, which is governed by the principals that we call thermodynamics, was a byproduct of the creation event. Therefore, a being that existed before the advent of what we call
"time", wouldn't be governed by the principals that it created. As such, there doesn't need to be a creator of The Creator. Of course, this same argument can be used to give just as much credibility to the obverse view, that there never was a creation event.
edit on 26-9-2011 by Q:1984A:1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

WOT I BELIEVE , sure mate. I "personaly" think that in what you do in this life determines where you go or wot you evolve into (a higher existance maybe). Mayativebe if you live life the positively we will go to a higher dimension or if you are very negative reincarnation maybe (to learn from ur mistakes and give you another chance to evolve). I'm open to opinions, but I've always had a feeling that this life is like a catapillar shell and when we die , only then do we all become butter flies. _javascript:icon('
') ( a bit of a # description, I know, but you get what I mean ! I hope .

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by knowthepath

WOT I BELIEVE , sure mate. I "personaly" think that in what you do in this life determines where you go or wot you evolve into (a higher existance maybe). Mayativebe if you live life the positively we will go to a higher dimension or if you are very negative reincarnation maybe (to learn from ur mistakes and give you another chance to evolve). I'm open to opinions, but I've always had a feeling that this life is like a catapillar shell and when we die , only then do we all become butter flies. _javascript:icon('
') ( a bit of a # description, I know, but you get what I mean ! I hope .

Thankyou... That was an educational and helpful opinion that you expressed there. You should do that more often.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join