It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did the Ancient Aliens Aquire the Knowledge?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I am an avid reader of ATS. I rarely create my own threads and occasionally reply to others. I have been watching the Ancient Aliens Series. They postulate that Ancient Aliens gave humanity much ancient knowledge. Like how to make steel weapons, gun powder and more. I find myself scratching my head and wondering...so..how did the aliens acquire their knowledge? It all had to start somewhere or someplace. I was wondering if anyone else had thoughts on this.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Research the "Incredibly-even-more-ancient aliens theory".

Seriously, going back to creation (yes I said it)...leads to that dangnable impossible question...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by applebaum

If I'm up on my "Ancient Aliens" knowledge, I think that the reasoning for the theory that aliens helped out Man at various stages in our civilization's development is that there were certain scientific breakthroughs that happened suddenly with little evidence of, let's say, "scientific methodologies" documented showing a progression to them.

I think a proponent of the "Ancient Aliens" theory would hypothesise that the Aliens figured it out for themselves, because hey would have been a much older civilisation...

But until you can ask the aliens themselves....isn't it a kind of "impossible to quantify or qualify" kind of question?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by madhatr137

If I'm up on my "Ancient Aliens" knowledge, I think that the reasoning for the theory that aliens helped out Man at various stages in our civilization's development is that there were certain scientific breakthroughs that happened suddenly with little evidence of, let's say, "scientific methodologies" documented showing a progression to them.

I think a proponent of the "Ancient Aliens" theory would hypothesise that the Aliens figured it out for themselves, because hey would have been a much older civilisation...

But until you can ask the aliens themselves....isn't it a kind of "impossible to quantify or qualify" kind of question?

Agree with this. Age breeds wisdom and so we can expect this was a much older civilization. I still think we are all from the same source though. Them, us and all ages in between.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

To ascribe these advances to aliens really just diminishes human achievement. Simply put, there's a well-documented history as to how these advances were developed and evolved, by very human individuals.

The Ancient Aliens series continually chooses to ignore that evidence in lieu of flights of fancy with almost nothing more than a "it could be this...."...sure, but that doesn't make it so.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The first season and, to a lesser degree, second season, at least supplied some interesting mysteries and theories to explain them. While entertaining at best, a chunk of these mysteries were plausible enough to make you think "what if?". However, the third season is so far out in left field that its not even entertaining any more. According to the latest season, we humans aren't capable of much more than reproduction and pissing in the wind! We can't even claim sword making now? Really? There is a linear progression from copper to bronze to iron to steel in history, with different civilizations reaching it at different times. And some great cultures like the maya, never even developed metal working, they rocked obsidian tipped weapons and tools til the end!

They destroy any bit of credibility with every new episode they produce.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsatrap
However, the third season is so far out in left field that its not even entertaining any more.

What is endlessly entertaining, however, is Giorgio Tsoukalos' hair.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
If what they say is true, then why are we not getting knowledge from them anymore, it is all false, do not worry.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Well, at some point someone started from scratch. If the current dating estimates based on big bang theory are even reasonably, accurate, entire civilizations have had the opportunity to rise, conquor large sections of space and the flame out in a blaze of insignificance.

So I guess the most obvious answer to your question would be, they either got the knowlege themselves or bought, stole, or traded it from someone else.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Humans may have been around a lot longer than we think, and may have built the ancient civilizations hundreds of thousands of years ago. Then after ice age and the flood, everyone was wiped off the planet. Then we had to start all over again back in the stone age. I do like the ancient alien story better though.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

It's a myth that's easy to push as for some reason people assume that people before modern technology were stupid; to stupid to learn or invent on their own.

A Confidence Man named Zecharia Sitchen is responsible for a lot of it. If you research his history you will find out it started as a ploy to get money and worked so well he made a career out of it. Many others have followed his lead and even mix in their own fabrications.

Sitchen's translations are known to be complete garbage but those who believe them are hooked. I guess after somebody gets fooled by a person like Sitchen they can't accept they were tricked, so they continue on with the myth. Some just think because it's in a book it's true.

Lots of false stuff in the video's. Things like the pyramids were perfectly aligned, which they are not and never were. That the stones are perfectly cut which is also not true. In fact the pyramids show the flaws where the builders got out of line and corrected while building. They also like to claim some stones at archeological sites are so large we could not move them today, which is another lie that is common.

One of my favorites is the Easter Island statues. The locals demonstrated how they were moved by moving one and standing it up with a small group of locals years ago. I saw the video in a class in College in about 1973 I think. Still though places like the History Channel continue to run old video's claiming it could not be done. They did it with logs for rollers and then used one as a lever and piled stones under it until it stood up. A group of children could move them if they knew how.

I think most children figure out the wheel and a lever and fulcrum playing. Even Great Apes have been seen using a lever.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
This is NOT to advocate drugs by no mean but, if anyone as taken psychedelics, then you can imagine where early humans got their ideas!

Just saying...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by applebaum
I am an avid reader of ATS. I rarely create my own threads and occasionally reply to others. I have been watching the Ancient Aliens Series. They postulate that Ancient Aliens gave humanity much ancient knowledge. Like how to make steel weapons, gun powder and more. I find myself scratching my head and wondering...so..how did the aliens acquire their knowledge? It all had to start somewhere or someplace. I was wondering if anyone else had thoughts on this.

Why does everything have to have a begining and an end? Why must everything come from somewhere? It's an unanswerable question.

new topics

top topics

join