It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prepare for 27th?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I guess I should have been thinking about this months ago. My plan was to ride it out at home.
I just today heard about the imminent solar flair.
I have a couple questions.

Does anyone know what the effects of a solar flair are? I'm wanting to know how to hide from it and survive!
Should we go to the local fallOut shelter?

I know where it is and everything, but are we allows to stay there the whole day? Can we even get access to it? Who must I call?

Anyone who knows anything about this Please reply. We were expecting a flare, we thought it be some sort of nuclear thing!

Any other helpful advice would be nice.
Btw I don't need a 'it's not going to happen thread', if you wanna post that piss off, just cause you might be dead cause you didn't prepare doesn't mean you gotta be mean about not being willing to let go of your slave lives.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Today is the last day on Earth,right?

Well in that case,it was nice knowing you guys.

Hasta La vista!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DerVerboten

Hi.
There is absolutely nothing to worry about , I promise . Don't let the idiot fear mongers on here tell you otherwise .

If you are from the UK , enjoy the mini heatwave we are going to have , because I feel we are in for a very cold winter .

Regards.

Terry

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
nothing.. NOTHING will happene on the 27th.....

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerVerboten

I just today heard about the imminent solar flair.
I have a couple questions.

So do I.
1. What exactly is it, that you think is going to occur?
2. What led you to the conclusion, that it is going to occur?

edit on 9/26/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Calm down. I seriously think you're overreacting just a tiny bit. OK, a huge bit. Seriously, there is nothing to fear with this solar flare. Oh wait, I gotta go. I just saw a squirrel burst into flames. Forget everything I said.

link   
It could cause power outages and some wind oh and maybe some lightning but running to the shelter is not necessary, definately walk you don't want to trip.

link   

dont let the non fearmongerers tell you different
it is all over tomorrow.
So, in light of this doom,. i will offer you a safe place for your money and expensive things.
but hurry,. you only have a few hours to get them here

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Could briefly explain why this solar flare poses any more danger than the previous solar flare's. I have never followed solar flare activity so I have no fear of them.
edit on 26-9-2011 by Tindalos2013 because: Typo gremlins.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Tell ya what, if tomorrow, you wake up, alive..I'll buy you a beer. Hell, a round for everyone. Cause tomorrow will happen, life will move on.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
terry, i recognise your face, are you on any car forums?

and yes true, i dont think theres anything to worry about to be honest.. am just expecting a very windy few days..

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Solar flares happen all the time, and i do mean all the time.
They will cause you no harm and you do NOT need to do anything.
You are not in danger.
Relax and have a beer.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Please, please follow my advice...
Put head under pillow and place thumb in mouth, curls legs up to stomach and dribble... In a few hours, take head from under pillow, pull out thumb, wipe dribble from mouth and go about your business as usual

Mummy knows best

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
who cares if SHTF in anyway it really shouldn't matter.... because a smart person will be prepared to care for his/her family. a smart person should always be prepared even if the supplies never get used.. who cares

i will live my life the same everyday the only difference i carry a bail out bag everywhere i go these days with first aid and 72 hours worth of rations... why cause i could get ran off the road and unable to reach help...

all this fear monger crap just prepares you for accidents and emergencies..... don't let it get out of hand alot of this is for the entertainment value....

WHO FRIGGING CARES!!!!!!!

if you live your life in fear then they have won..... that's the Hoaxers,Fear Mongers,TPTB main goal.....

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
i bet u $50 that nothing will happen and someone is going to popup and say that analysis are incorrect and delays it to next month

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

If there where a flare tomorrow capable of doing damage that would cause an apocalypse (Im pretty sure they are called - X class flares) than really the worst you can expect is a loss of power globally for minimally a few months, no actual fire damage or anything of that nature, just a power loss. This would disrupt all shipping, and most commerce, more than likely completely limiting supply of anything not local during the rebuilding period. The length of this rebuilding period depends on damage done, but also on how we handle it.

If people lose their minds, as they are apt to, then you can expect a very lengthy rebuilding process. Shipping workers not working, mass looting, and extreme violence is all it takes to make an X class a near apocalyptic event.

What can you do ?

Find a locale than can sustain you - Food and water supply, as well as shelter for a lengthy amount of time.

Be in a location that has like minded people - You will need the community for safety. You will also need this same community for the new street justice system that will replace the police in their almost certain absence.

Download now - Survival guides. Field medicine for battle, and for cuts and scrapes. How to trap animals, your family member that is a vegetarian will eat meat before starving to death, promise. How to grow your own food, and harvest seeds. How to can your own food. Eating insects for dummies, this is survival at its finest, so don't rule it out. Make an axe. Make a hammock. Put together IKEA furniture like a pro. Make your own gun, and gunpowder. Guerrilla warfare for the sub urbanite. Modern urban combat techniques.

Also please download all the great works, books, works of art, historical records, and documents. When the powers back on you may be the only person left with a record of mankind to sell on ebay.

Make sure you check ATS's very own survival forum,
and above all else , stay calm no matter what the storm may bring, if it brings anything at all that is.
edit on 26-9-2011 by DrunkNinja because: Changed something

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
If you think it's your last night ....
What are you doin on ATS?

Go out....
Get laid....
Spend a load of cash....
Make some bad decisions....
Deface public property....
Run naked down the street....

Ya know..... Binge drink.....

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
First let me say that I agree with those that say this legendary hype over the 27th is misplaced, but I will attempt to seriously answer your questions:

I guess I should have been thinking about this months ago. My plan was to ride it out at home.

Home is the place to be in case of an emergency. The last thing you want is to be in some remote location with no access to food, supplies or water unless you're some super-experienced wilderness trekker and privately own hundreds of acres somewhere.

Does anyone know what the effects of a solar flair are? I'm wanting to know how to hide from it and survive!
Should we go to the local fallOut shelter?

Typically there are no effects at all. Solar flares are fairly common. NASA has warned that we may see some truly legendary flares through 2012 and that they may cause unpredictable problems, mainly related to power & phone outages but possibly so severe that they'll knock out electronics equipment. That could effect everything from phones to cars. But I think you're misunderstanding what they are, it's not like you're going to get torched or anything like that.

I know where it is and everything, but are we allows to stay there the whole day? Can we even get access to it? Who must I call?

This varies across different nations, but typically shelters are only opened if something severe is about to happen or has happened. In the case of solar flares, it's unlikely they'd open one beforehand, but if one struck and knocked out the power grid then they might open one up so people could stay cool (or warm depending on the season).

We were expecting a flare, we thought it be some sort of nuclear thing!

No, it's nothing like that.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
here ya go nothing to worry about as usual............its a part of life that has always happened in fact, this cycle 24 is VERY weak and cycle 25 will be even weaker. Enjoy these "killer flares" while you can before we enter the mini iceage uspaceweather.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I guess things will be OK for awhile now. Terral was wrong about Elenin, I was wrong also.

Excuse me for not having a billion dollar telescope, or other infrared imaging devices.

Once everyone knows something is following Elenin, prepare for total lockdown. Nibiru will be more in a direct line of sight with earth shortly and all the "fun" stuff of a brief time ago will return.

I think that the leaky area in the Gulf will open up again for another ungodly mess. Birds falling from the air, dead fish, big sinkholes, tornadoes, earthquakes. And then a brief respite like we are having now. And finally, the end.----------

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join