It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many times can you actually warn somebody?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I was just wondering how many time can you warn someone before they get the hint, or you decide to give up? Im not necessarily talking about doomsday scenarios, but real life scenarios as well. Throughout history, there have been incidents where the people were warned many times beforehand before an actual event occured, but they refused to listen. I try to tell people today about the things going on in the world today, and you wouldn't believe the looks and comments I get (well, some of you probably would, haha) after I have told them. For instance, I have had discussions about governments killing their own citizens for their own selfish reason, and people have just adamantly refused to believe it. I have had other discussions about God, UFO's, ghosts, aliens, demons, cryptids, and other phenomena that would would ordinarily be discounted. I understand why most people would discredit those things, but there are some that just refuse to listen to warnings.

Take for instance, the tornadoes in Joplin. From my understanding, there were warning sirens prior to this, but a lot of people refused to heed it. I have heard (many times on here) that there were warnings about a terror attack on the twin towers on 9/11. The same could be said, I suppose on a more personal level. Take drug addiction for example. You see someone you love that is caught up in addiction, and you try to warn them and do an intervention, but they refuse to see the truth and end up overdosing on heroin or some other drug. I guess the problem I have is this - when do you stop trying to warn people about whats coming?

I suppose I have some friends that are able to see whats really going on in the world, but most are blind and can't seem to grasp the whole idea that something is wrong in the world. They would rather play farmville, or some other stupid facebook game and it angers me when I try to post something important on it, and all I see are posts about their stupid games. Anyway, I suppose this should probably be moved into the RANT forum, but thank you for reading, and Peace to you all.

edit on 26-9-2011 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-9-2011 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Most people find it uncomfortable to talk about such things openly, not just ufo/conspiracy talk but science philosophy, art and literature ect. I think its because most average people have very limited knowledge outside they're day to day existence and become embarrassed when engaged in any type of meaningful talk. Just use ATS and similar sites to get your conspiracy fix, and let them enjoy the xfactor or whatever crap is on the tv

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
well

my mum has been trying to crack me since birth, still hasen´t succeeded yet

she´s quite the sergeant.

so in the right circumstances people can be real stubborn

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
and don´t bother trying to wake someone up.

that´s a process you start yourself and you either embrace or you don´t.

some people prefer to stay oblivious..

sometimes i wish i was as well.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I hate to say this but people for the most part are really pretty limited in scope.

What I mean by that is not at all about intelligence but people's tendency to put on these blinders and refuse to see anything outside of them, primarily for fear of ridicule and social acceptance.

Your attempts to warn them will not change their blinder mediated sense of reality.

Save your energy and simply out of consideration for the individuals you'd like to try to help and inform.

Only tell them once. For It is only their own eyes that can open in order for them to learn for themselves.

Remember, you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make them drink.

PEACE

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
How many times can you warn someone?

Even after that amount, they still will only understand what they want to.

I find just talking to people recently more difficult.
It seems that no one wants to believe the actual hidden agenda behind things.
Things that we all at ATS discuss and thoroughly research.

I just give people a bit of information to get them started.
If they are curious, they will ask for more.
If they are oblivious, or ignorant, I'll get the usual eye roll.

Either way, I am doing my part.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Veritas1

They don't listen cause their brain's is full of GMO, thats why McDonald's is a good buisness.

Did I mentioned they like Kool Aid too?
edit on 26-9-2011 by Human4life because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Veritas1

Show them this video, and if they want to know more they will ask. Just tell them its funny, and talks about some political misdeeds. The video is actually pretty entertaining.

In general I only give those around me a few generalizations, and insights about the way the world really works. In time they will have their beliefs shattered or at the least tripped up a bit, and at that point they know that you will have some sort of quasi answer that will help them find the info they want. Stay vigilant above all else, and remember you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make them drink. Only thirst (tyranny) can do that. Also don't underestimate the value of a message wrapped in humor, and presented in cartoon form, its how they hooked you on sugar, and materialism all those years ago.

If you need a way to introduce the video, just show them this one as it will help remind them that life is askew, and that the odds of winning are not in their favor.

edit on 26-9-2011 by DrunkNinja because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
You can only do so much. When trying to wake people up, tell them the most fantastic thing you can actually prove and then let their own curiosity lead them from there. I've gotten people interested by saying, "Can you believe what our government is up to now?" then go on to elaborate. You'll have them asking questions quicker than you think.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Why not use the old "three strikes and you're out" method?

Give someone a gentle warning first. A stronger warning second and third a final warning trying to explain your concerns as strongly and clearly possible. Make sure they know they won't hear about it again from you unless they actually ask you about it.
edit on 26-9-2011 by MichiganSwampBuck because: typo

new topics

top topics

join