It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Find The Rings has concluded... the Captains are Victorious!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
After a long and winding road that began almost four months ago with this post: www.abovetopsecret.com... The hunt for the rings and the mysterious "convergence" has ended. Now, everyone finally everyone understands the original line that has been so mysterious throughout our game, "All may hunt, four will succeed, four will become one, one will become many, wisdom is the prize." The four "Captains of Enlightenment" who solved the many puzzles to find their ring and the secret words contained have solved the final and most difficult puzzle: www.ignorancedenied.com... Congratulations to all who participated in what was an extremely fun event to watch from the sidelines. I'm sure I can speak for every ATS staff member when I say we're all exceptionally impressed with the highly collaborative and cooperative way this event unfolded. We never expected this aspect, and we now fully realize the amazingly close-knit community we have in this interesting corner of the Internet. Rest assured there will be more events for our members. We've always said that every effort is for the community, even down to the advertising. You can thank the millions of guests who visit ATS every month and experienced the advertising impressions that have funded (nearly) this event for our members. You, our members have created the content that attracts these guests, it's only fair that we do something in return. Stay tuned for the next event.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Congratulations to everyone! I have been following this since I joined, and have been confused as all get out, but you guys know what you are doing! Congrats again, you deserve it.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Seeing as how I was the "Ring Forger"
I was extremely involved with the Hunt on the "backside".

I have to say that the genius I watched unfold as the Hunters ripped through our CRUEL trail of clues amazed me...

To the Captains!
To the Hunters!

Springer...

[edit on 8-26-2004 by Springer]

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
So what do they win? What's the grand prize for finding the rings?

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Hurrah. It's over!

We can finally get back to normality.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Very many congratulations to all competitors - it was fascinating to watch the threads as clues were discussed and debated!

Good luck with the new website - mighty trees from little acorns grow for sure!!

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Just wanted to say thank you to all the admins and mods that contributed to the hunt. It was an incredibly fun game that must have took many hours of thought and preparation to pull together. It was by far the best excuse for slacking off work I have found in a while!
Thanks again and I look forward to the next round.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Hurrah. It's over!

Don't get your hopes up too soon, some people are already talking about FTR 2...

Congradulations to those who found the Rings!

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
SO, question about the ID board...

Should we go ahead and register there, I mean, if its going to be used for something else? If its going to be deleted soon, I won't bother.

~TSK

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Great! But I still want to know the story behind the hunt. You really should write a text about the organization, the unsolved clues (JJDFI), etc.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Come on over folks, the captains are busy filling out the site for all to participate. We have 90 days to prove ourselves worthy enough to be included in th motherboard of ATS. We can only do it with your help.

Z Out

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Congrats to all those who won and participated!!! Good Luck on your New Journey of Spreading Truth wherever you may find it.

So are the "Charchters" such as 5 going to be revealed?

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Congratulations! Excellent work on some VERY challenging material!! Kudos to all who participated!

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Yay...about time too

congrads

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
So what do they win? What's the grand prize for finding the rings?

first: CONGRATZ TO OUR CAPTAINS!!!

second: the captains win the actual physical rings... more info here: www.findtherings.com...

third: CANNOT WAIT FOR THE NEXT "EVENT"!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid

Originally posted by Nerdling
Hurrah. It's over!

Don't get your hopes up too soon, some people are already talking about FTR

Is euthanasia legal yet?

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
unfortunatly not yet....if u want to make it murder,....tie string to the trigger and door handle and get ur parents to open the door...no finger prints and one dead nerdling.

just an idea

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gryffen
unfortunatly not yet....if u want to make it murder,....tie string to the trigger and door handle and get ur parents to open the door...no finger prints and one dead nerdling.

just an idea

now THAT is a GOOD idea...

avril avatar, common nerd SNAP out of it!!!

just playin'

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Thanks all... This was definately a hard fought one!

Well, my brain is numb. It will take a few days for it to be fully back to operational level.. ha ha ha

But, we already have some very exciting ideas that we are going to be implementing. We want this to become a top site and want to plan this accordingly. So, do not worry, we will not rush a site for the novelty of it. We will plan this carefully. We want to create a site that will compliment ATS and one that you will be proud to be members of. So, Expect alot!

More information will brought forth once we have a solid base. All your suggestions with site ideas over there have been great. Any more ideas would be greatly appreciated! We want this site to ha a bit for everyone.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
WOW !!! A board of your own , what a reward ... plus the preciousesses .

Going to bop over and have a looksee .... wouldn't worry about proving yourselves , kinda took care of that already

top topics

<<   2 >>

join