It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melancholia; A Film About The End Of The World (Nibiru Fans Take Note)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I seen this movie the other day and i would not advise it wasn't good at all it was basically just this girl who gets married and she stays in this hotel or house with her sister and they just wait for this planet probably most boring and depressing films iv'e watched its just like super slow

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

There are already several threads about this film, including this one:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hint:ATS Search......

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

I watched this movie three nights ago, but you'll most likely have to wait a few more months before it hits theaters.

i cant
edit on 28-9-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Saw this movie last night.

If you can not appreciate artsy, you may not have the patience for this movie. Personally I thought it was mesmerizing. It is depressing, yet you can't stop watching it. Kirsten Dunst did a great job portraying the melancholia suffering psychic nutcase sister, and the movie in general, took you to another plane.

Watch it for it's artistic value, you won't be disappointed, Watch it for an End of the World epic, you will be disappointed, although the end of the world scenario in it is enthralling also. My typical teenage son watched with me and liked it, but commented, he could not watch it twice, along with noticing how well Dunst portrayed her part. He also was shocked by the brother in law's actions. The movie does make you feel.

Definitely worth the $4.99 On Demand.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I watched about 20 minutes of this movie ON DEMAND. It was over priced and I couldn't follow it. I gave up after 20 minutes. I have no idea what it was about .. what it was supposed to be about .. major disappointment for me.

Sorry.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I watched about 20 minutes of this movie ON DEMAND. It was over priced and I couldn't follow it. I gave up after 20 minutes. I have no idea what it was about .. what it was supposed to be about .. major disappointment for me.

Sorry.

It was a slow starter, you needed to watch for at least 25 minutes to really start getting it, seriously.

Or not, it's not for everybody.
edit on 25-12-2011 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Sorry.

But you have almost 20.000 posts to say about the world? Maybe first you need to improve your intellectual capacity before saying words like "omg what a stupid movie" etc...
Idiocracy is far more a threat for our world than Nibiru.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I had a mild heart attack last weekend.
I'd mooched to the kitchen to make a brew and my three year old jumped into my seat and switched on Stellarium. He loves it, really he does.
Anyway, I'd had a chat with his elder brother in the kitchen giving small fry chance to have a scroll and click on stuff.

I walked back in and stood agog at the screen. He'd swapped the view to Antarctica and there was a mahoosive and I mean mahoosive planet obscuring most of the horizon and sky.

Had a five minute panic attack before I realised he'd gone on ocular view.
How stupid did I feel?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Famous movie directors, the big ones have many many connections. They know and talk at parties with interesting people from all around the world.

The video below shows many references to 911 before 911 actually happened in the movies.

Just coincidence or maybe not? many movies have either warned us or primed us enmasse for envisioning a planned reality. Are some (not all) movies made to warn us or simply play with us?

I suspect because I'm on a conspiracy site there are those "in the know" that can and do keep secrets, big, major secrets from the majority of us.

Sometimes, like a cat likes to play with it's food before it devours it, TPTB, the real wizards behind the curtain like to toy with the common man and watch their reaction.

In a sick way (sic to me) it gets them excited / stimulated and like David Icke and Jordan Maxwell have said, they, whomever they are, are like psychic vampires and feed off of negative or fearful energy. I'm not saying this for positive because I'm usually the very last person to find out anything and I admit that I always have pondered many things most people would consider are "way out there".

I have stated in previous posts that I've considered that we, our entire universe is intimately connected, we're all bits & pieces to a grand whole some call "god".

Possibly (note the word possibly because now I am simply wondering not all knowing) with us all being some how connected with each other, "time" and space - some of us might be able to fore see possible future events.

There may be many universes where different out comes occur simultaneously and some of us are picking up on that???

I've been reading books on quantum physics (the basic 101, quantum physics for dummies, etc) and each month that passes we are learning more and more things that not even the top scientists were aware of just a few years ago. Imagine what we will know in the next five years?!

Famous directors, some of the top actors and singers now are worth hundreds of millions of dollars (or more) and are much like royalty use to be, they can and do confer with some of the top minds on the planet, people who are "in the know".

Does Lars Von Trier who wrote and directed this movie know something we don't? Is he just creative? Is he, on a subconscious level hooked into what some call the universal mind? (and no this isn't new age frap - Eastern sages and shaman have been saying this for eons.

en.wikipedia.org...

There is a single, intelligent Consciousness that pervades the entire Universe - the Universal Mind. It is all knowing, all powerful, all creative and always present. As it is present everywhere at the same time, it follows that it must also be present in you - that it is you. Your mind is part of the one Universal Mind. This is not simply a philosophical ideal passed down to us through the ages. It is an exact scientific truth. Know it, believe it, apply it and you will see your life transform in miraculous ways.

Albert Einstein told us that "everything is energy"; that "a human being is a part of the whole called by us [the] Universe". His words echoed the most ancient of spiritual and philosophical teachings and still underpin today's cutting-edge scientific discoveries. The Universal Mind goes by many names. In the scientific world we know of the Unified Field, in spiritual philosophy we refer to The All or Universal Consciousness and in religion we call upon God who Himself goes by many names - Jehovah, Allah and Brahman to mention but a few. The name is relevant only in so far as it resonates with you.

Whichever way you cut it, you come to this one unavoidable conclusion: there is but One Consciousness of which your consciousness must be a part and "a part", as Charles Haanel said, "must be the same in kind and quality as the whole, the only difference being one of degree".

The nature of the Universal Mind is Omniscience (all knowing), Omnipotence (all powerful), Omnificence (all creative) and Omnipresence (always present). Know that this too is your nature. You have access to all knowledge, known and unknown; you have access to an infinite power for which nothing is impossible; you have access to the limitless creativity of the One Creator. All these attributes are present within you at all times in their potential form. Source and rest of article: www.mind-your-reality.com...

Personally I don't think the world will end anytime soon and the universe is teeming with life. I also suspect (not absolutely sure but wonder) if per chance maybe some of our DNA has been redistributed elsewhere so humanity will go on, hopefully with a little more sugar added in to counteract the cruelness some of us still seem to have embedded within us.

So, “Always kiss like it’s the first time and the last time”. – from the movie “Leap Year 2010

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Wow there is a thread on this movie!

I saw this recently and it kind of gave me chills. I have read about Nibiru and every other name this "planet" has been given. I find it interesting and there are some pictures that are questionable as to what they are.

This movie made me think of Nibiru the entire time.

SPOILER ALERT!!!

In the movie everyone thought the planet was going to just pass them including the brother in law? who was tracking it. He inevitably killed himself when he found out the truth. Dunst's character knew something wasn't right. It's like in the movie nobody was told what would happen because honestly if something like this were to happen would you want to tell people and have chaos or let it happen and just have people live without knowing the world is about to end? It's kind of creepy to think about cause on one end I wouldn't want ot know the date where on the other I would. Just look at the beginning of 2012 where it states something about informing the nations of the world of something catastrophic and how they wouldn't. I bet they wouldn't, they'd save themselves before they saved anyone in the world out of concern.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The movie had deep feelings attached to it, yet I did find some scenes to be a bit boring. For some reason I go the same feeling from the movie "high art". . another awesome flick.

Dude, that last minute of the movie was FREAKING BAD ASS!!!

You really should watch it all in 1080p, but here's the last tidbit in 720p if you just can't wait.

Spoiler alert:

Yea, it's kinda obvious what's gonna happen after a few minutes into the movie, but still, the totally gives it away:

edit on 27-10-2012 by moniesisfun because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join