It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Leaks Personal Details of Cop Who Pepper-Sprayed Wall Street Protesters

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Yea I wish I could get the video to work but just search up Officer Bubbles, and you will know who I am talking about,

None the less, I chatted with a loss prevention guy at my old work and he sometimes had to use some extreme force like slamming someone into the ground.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

a security guard is not a merchant. hence the need for written permission

i think it is clear you either:

a) do not live in the united states
or
b) have not received guard-card training.

a citizen has that right because they will be the ones prosecuting the "subject".
a security guard does not prosecute the person commiting the offense, they simply act as a witness.

i think youve got common law mixed up with statutory law
edit on 26-9-2011 by RelentlessLurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Allegory of Illumination

I don't think you've read many of my posts. I've already said I think the cop was out of line. I just don't think we need to be running around acting like a few dumb hippies getting maced is the end of our free society.

As for your little threat

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

I live in WA state. Have my whole life. Didn't need to get a card to do asset protection. I had permission from the companies legal department. And I was acting on the behalf of the merchant. You think that law only applies to the CEO of the company?

What state are you in? That may be the issue here. I think there are like 3 states where the rules vary wildly.
edit on 26-9-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

it applies to whomever will be pressing the charges.

unless personally attacked, or under the circumstances ive already stated, that cannot and will not ever be the security guard.

state is irrelevant if your citing common law, which is what a citizens arrest falls under. that is why it is called "common law"

you could be right though.. it was California and i would never underestimate their ability to have their own twisted version of just about every law ever written...
edit on 26-9-2011 by RelentlessLurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

If the suspect tries to flee, you may use reasonable force to detain. "Reasonable force" in a shoplifting incident is the amount of force, which is not likely to seriously injure the suspect. The amount of force used may escalate with the suspect’s effort to escape, but should always stop short of potentially deadly force (unless the use of deadly force is necessary to protect yourself).

The law allows detention for a reasonable time, so call the police immediately. You can detain the shoplifter while giving the opportunity to make or refuse to make a statement, and while examining any employees and store records to determine who owns the merchandise in question. A Washington Appellate Court decision indicates that you may hold the suspect until the police arrive. (State v. Gonzales, 24Wn. App.437,694 P.2d 168 (1979)

Link

Oh dude as I recall California was one of the most restrictive when it came to use of force. Back in the day in WA someone shoplifting would just get shot tackled. That changed after some nasty lawsuits.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

We the people deserve to be treated with respect and protected by the officers whose salary WE PAY. You should not be using unnecessary force against us because you want to protect the pigs in power, # you

Well that's not very nice. I'm sure that if you actually read all the posts I've made in this thread you would cool your jets a little. I also find it HYSTERICAL that the girl getting maced was paying for it!

I have no problem with this as long as the cop's family does not come into harm. Maybe Officer Bologna or whatever his name is will think twice before he wants to be an abusive BLEEP BLEEP.

Oh man, I just saw this post. I had to edit it because I don't want to break the rules (see how that works?). This is exactly what I'm talking about. How can you guarantee his family won't come to harm hen internet idiots stir the pot and give away his home address? You can't and that's what I take issue with. I don't care if the cops name and badge number is out there.

Also, how are you so certain that Anonymous is even releasing the correct cops information? You don't. For all you it could be just some random officer who woks hard and reports the crappy cops.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

again, that is aimed at the site owner, the one who will be pressing the charges.

Detaining the Shoplifter Before either the civil or the criminal penalties can be used, the retailer must first apprehend the shoplifter. If done correctly, the retailer exposes himself to little risk of false arrest suits.

from your own source.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I support the posting of the names and addresses of cops accused of wrong-doing, as well as the names of their families. What's good for the goose is good for the gander, and police have no problems targeting the families of people they go after.

What gets me is that people still think peaceful protest is going to do anything. If they are going to protest, they should show up as well armed as the police. Motorcycle helmets, gas masks, baseball bats, and guns; then if the police want to go from a peaceful protest to a violent protest, respond in kind. "80 Protesters Arrested" may not make much of a blip on CNN, but "80 Police Officers Hospitalized" would get airtime.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I'm thinking maybe Domo should make his own "i get off on watching young women pepper sprayed and the police are awesome' thread so this thread can discuss the actions of anonymous, which, last i checked, was more the point of the OP.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

R.C.W. 4.24.220 A civil defense In any civil action brought by reason of any person having been detained on or in the immediate vicinity of the premises of a mercantile establishment for the purpose of investigation or questioning as to the ownership of any merchandise, it shall be a defense of such action that the person was detained in a reasonable manner and for not more than a reasonable time to permit such investigation or questioning by a peace officer or by the owner of the mercantile establishment, his authorized employee or agent, and that such peace officer, owner, employee or agent had reasonable grounds to believe that the person so detained was committing or attempting to commit larceny or shoplifting on such premises of such merchandise.

Dude, you are an AGENT of the company you are working for so when they say retailer they are referring to the AP/LP too. We can argue all day or you can call the Washington State Patrol or random Sheriff's office and ask them if a store's LP/AP can use physical force and detain people.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ARealandTrueAmerican

The only time I've strayed off topic is when responding to others that have. I agree, let's discuss the OP more. Did you read the post where I suggested that the cop should probably be retrained? How about when I said I thought he was being too cavalier? How about the million times I've argued (completely on topic) that a mans actions and mistakes should not put his family at risk? Buddy you're far more off topic then I have been.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

I support the posting of the names and addresses of cops accused of wrong-doing, as well as the names of their families. What's good for the goose is good for the gander, and police have no problems targeting the families of people they go after.

So basically what you're saying is that two wrongs make a right. Be the change you wish to see in others.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Cops abuse their authority all the time, plant drugs, fabricate charges and whatnot, which ends often times in innocent people being sent away to jail or prison. Well, guess what, that affects the family. It affects the husband or wife, and the kids. Cops negatively effect families ALL the time, and show they couldn't care less about doing it.

So yes, I agree with everyone who thinks what Anonymous did was fine. If the cops are worried about their family, GOOD, they might think twice the next time the pepper spray protesters for no reason, or plant drugs, or beat the living daylights out of a man in a wheelchair, or cuff and arrest someone for videotaping in public, and so on. At a certain point, you have to get your hands dirty.

The only way we can really have or voices heard is to protest. As soon as that right is taken away, or trampled on, we have no other choice but to increase the stakes. Many on here would want a revolution at some point. I agree, that would be good. But, a revolution will get much uglier then releasing this cops identity and address, as well as other future cops, who feel they can disobey the law simply because they have a badge.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

So essentially you're saying what I've seen countless times in this thread. Two wrongs make a right.

If this mans family gets killed (doubt it but that's not the point) would you still think it was acceptable to encourage their harassment and post information?

Cops make mistakes too. They are not all these crazed Illuminati puppets so many on ATS would have you believe.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

So basically what you're saying is that two wrongs make a right. Be the change you wish to see in others.

Well, if the cops don't think it's wrong to give out suspects names and addresses, then it's not really two wrongs, is it?

What I was trying to get accross is that police seem to have no problems using unwarranted violence against people, so people should be aware of that and be prepared to defend themselves.

And, yeah, if some cop pepper-sprayed me without a reason, or tazed me without a reason, or whatever, I would make a personal hobby of mine to find that guy. Somewhere, somehow, he and I would have a one-on-one discussion of the incident. I think I would be able to express exactly how I felt about the matter.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Well, if the cops don't think it's wrong to give out suspects names and addresses, then it's not really two wrongs, is it?

Because this guy obviously made the decision to publish suspects names/photos etc. Blame the government and you fellow citizens for that one, not a cop.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Thank you Anonymous.

I hope that cowardly "officer" feels a little fear, I hope his fellow thugs feel it too. Because the very fear they use along with the actual brutality is what just might start to keep them in line if more of them are outed.

Not every law or police whatever is worthy of being obeyed or followed. Blind faith in a great many things got us into this colossal mess to begin with, maybe it's time for a little old school retribution and trust me, it's coming.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Paschar0

I hope that cowardly "officer" feels a little fear, I hope his fellow thugs feel it too. Because the very fear they use along with the actual brutality is what just might start to keep them in line if more of them are outed.

Why did you put the word officer in quotations? Are you implying that he is not a police officer? Well that would be a scandal wouldn't it. I have no problem with the cop being outed, I have a problem with people encouraging harassment against his family. It serves no purpose and punishes people who are innocent. His wife and kids didn't mace anyone.

Not every law or police whatever is worthy of being obeyed or followed. Blind faith in a great many things got us into this colossal mess to begin with, maybe it's time for a little old school retribution and trust me, it's coming.

Cool story bro. Let me know how that works out for you. Going to be a non event like these idiotic protests. Anonymous IRL is not Anonymous and this nerdy save the world crap a certain faction is into will die out soon enough.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashen

Being a faceless unaccountable thug just got a little bit harder. The tables have turned. Now there is a mass legion of faceless unaccountable witnesses who have the power to unmask the jackboots for all their miserable violence. You mace me, we find you. You try to find me, well, be prepared, because like they say......
They are anonymous,
They are legion
they do not forgive,
they do not forget,
Expect them

Oh also, stop macing innocent non-violent hippie women,does this even need to be said?

gawker.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Now people know where he lives, and thus where his family lives. I don't condone what he did, but putting his family at risk? Sounds like a good way to get a lot of dead people on his front lawn.

/TOA

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join