It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Leaks Personal Details of Cop Who Pepper-Sprayed Wall Street Protesters

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by jaynkeel

I know what you mean. A cop beats someone up or tases them and all of a sudden it's perfectly acceptable to hang the cop, shoot him, rape his dog etc.

People here calling for blood are worse than a cop macing someone in my opinion.

Where is the call for blood, hm? Hang him, shoot him? If you could sir, politely point in the direction of where any of this was said.

You came in here and started derailing, and after getting in little 'fights', you started constructing fallacies around yourself, and you are now living in a fantasy. There is no violence in this thread, as much as you would like it to be so. No black-mask anarchists, cop-killers or gallows patrons. People are talking about the bigger picture, that cops and officials can no longer do as they please, without the fear of oversight or justice.

There is always at least one person that shows up in discussions like this. They're always the 'tough guy', "Oh mace doesn't hurt, stop your crying, I snort mace for breakfast." Always so "pro-citizen", selflessly concerned about the wellbeing of "people needing to go to work". It's laughable, to say the least. It is rhetoric from the Nixon-era.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

reply to post by mudbeed

I highly doubt you've been maced, 'cept if you were to tell me that you were trying to rape someone. I would believe that.

I put myself through college doing asset protection. I have been maced a few times when trying to apprehend someone, and a number of times I've had a cop mace a person I was grappling with.

I actually thought your rape comment was rather amusing though I;m sure many women on the board would not be impressed with your using rape as a joke.

Asset protection? Okay hold up.
Security guard.
security guard = "paid witness" as described by law.
When you go your Guard lisc. this was drilled into your head.

You are not LEO and cannot legally "aprehend" anyone.
You have no more authority to touch another person than the average Joe.

What company allowed you to apprehend anyone without being a LEO?
They would be massively liable and pretty stupid to allow anyone to do so.

Im not saying your a liar, but could you elaborate please?
Im very familiar with using security companies for "asset protection".
Catching the bad guy is LEO job, and has absolutely nothing to do with asset protection, nor would any company allow such a liability from security.

edit on 9/26/1111 by BadNinja68 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

They posted the information with the intent to harass him and his family. I don't think that public servants should be bullied into getting new jobs. Let's flip this a second. You work at a grocery store. A customer calls you a dirty name, you call the customer something. Another customer posts you information online with instructions on how to harass your family. Should you have to get a new job?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

You're right, I was speaking in hyperbole when I was saying people in this thread were calling for violence against the cop. The only violence that was advocated was directed in my direction. Someone hope I would be 'touched, then maced then tased'.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadNinja68

You are not LEO and cannot legally "aprehend" anyone.
You have no more authority to touch another person than the average Joe.

What company allowed you to apprehend anyone without being a LEO?
They would be massively liable and pretty stupid to allow anyone to do so.

Im not saying your a liar, but could you elaborate please?
Im very familiar with using security compaines for "asset protection".
Cacthing the bad guy is LEO job, and has absolutely nothing to do with asset protection, nor would any company allow such a liability from security.

Then why do bank security guards, armored car guards, pawn shop guards carry guns? so they can wait for LEO?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by BadNinja68

Im not saying your a liar, but could you elaborate please? Im very familiar with using security compaines for "asset protection". Cacthing the bad guy is LEO job, and has absolutely nothing to do with asset protection, nor would any company allow such a liability from security.

I don't know what state you're in. I am not going to tell you the company I worked (Actually worked for 2 of the companies in the videos) for but I will tell you that you can legally apprehend someone in my state. It is treated as a citizens arrest and is perfectly legal.

1) Witness subject enter location without the product

2) Select the product

3) Conceal the product

4) Pass all points of sale without offering payment

5) Citizens arrest - You can use force here and we all carried handcuffs.

Pretty much like that. Weird I have the same white jacket with stripes.

And that.

I can do this all day.

edit on 26-9-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

self defense...not offensive actions

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by isitjustme

See above post. You steal in this state don't be surprised when someone in plainclothes tackles you going out the door.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The issue I see is that what if the protesters weren't listening to the police, what if there was the chance things would turn ugly, now I am not vouching for either side, but this is where tension comes his family is going to get harassed by people because of it.

I feel people should leave his family out of it because of any sort of action he did.

Look at

We knew he was pretty much in the wrong, but apparently the girl blowing bubbles got arrested shortly after during that time frame for an unrelated incident, and the same thing happened apparrently he sd youtube for defamation and harassment

I believe this officer in NYC will probably do the same thing.
edit on 26-9-2011 by hypr2011 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-9-2011 by hypr2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by hypr2011

Can you fix that vid?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Pretend this was happening outside of your place of work and then tell me you wouldn't want the police keeping protesters from turning violent and destroying property.

Perhaps this doesn't happen outside my place of work because my profession doesn't facilitate the foreclosing of over 1 million homes a year or inflate the price of food, energy and other commodities for profit.

At my place of work, I make financial decisions, and if I make poor decisions, my doors close for good, and I join the millions of other unemployed.

I am not too big to fail.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

As I stated earlier in the thread I am not all that concerned for the big boys. I'm concerned about the little guy if these protests are left unchecked and span out everywhere. Remember those protests in the UK?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

They posted the information with the intent to harass him and his family. I don't think that public servants should be bullied into getting new jobs. Let's flip this a second. You work at a grocery store. A customer calls you a dirty name, you call the customer something. Another customer posts you information online with instructions on how to harass your family. Should you have to get a new job?

i would:

a) not retaliate on the job (as id likely get fired)
b) consider what this person is capable of doing BEFORE i retaliate.

this is known as: common sense.

public servants (nor anybody for that matter) are not exempt from having to use their brain to consider the outcome of a situation BEFORE they decide to put themselves in that situation.

its called choosing your battles. this officer will now probably choose his more carefully.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Well lets assume you're not infallible for a moment and you make a *gasp* mistake and piss someone off. Should your family be worried for their safety because of YOUR mistake?

It's so easy to sit comfortably in your chair and post about what people should have done differently. A cop maced a few protesters. He shouldn't have to fear for his families safety. That's the real issue, one that you seem to dismiss rather quickly.

The absolute MOST punishment this cop should get is a retraining in the use of pepper spray. I think he was a bit out of line but lets not blow this thing out of proportion.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

reply to post by BadNinja68

Im not saying your a liar, but could you elaborate please? Im very familiar with using security compaines for "asset protection". Cacthing the bad guy is LEO job, and has absolutely nothing to do with asset protection, nor would any company allow such a liability from security.

I don't know what state you're in. I am not going to tell you the company I worked (Actually worked for 2 of the companies in the videos) for but I will tell you that you can legally apprehend someone in my state. It is treated as a citizens arrest and is perfectly legal.

1) Witness subject enter location without the product

2) Select the product

3) Conceal the product

4) Pass all points of sale without offering payment

5) Citizens arrest - You can use force here and we all carried handcuffs.

Pretty much like that. Weird I have the same white jacket with stripes.

And that.

I can do this all day.

it doesnt matter what state your in. there are specific circumstances and 1 of them is that you have to witness them commit a felony. you also have to have written permission from not only your employer, but the site owner, and the police. and to do that they have to know the "subjects" name and pretty much already be expecting them to commit a specific crime.

they tell you in guard training that the likelyhood of all of these circumstances being met is so slim that they dont even bother teaching you how to apprehend somebody.

this point is stressed emphatically. its usually one of the first things addressed because theres always some kid in the class who raises his hand and asks if they get to carry a gun. it is then explained that in some instances you can but theres no point because you cant use it unless your own life is in danger. and thats no different from having a normal CCL.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I have no problem with this as long as the cop's family does not come into harm. Maybe Officer Bologna or whatever his name is will think twice before he wants to be an abusive ass hole.

Otherwise, good I say. All police that trample on the rights of the populace should be exposed and their lives should be made into a living hell.

SERVE AND PROTECT US. If you have no interest in that, find another profession.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

reply to post by Allegory of Illumination

They weren't following commands because they were blocked in by cops and orange fence. Or is that not an accurate assesment.

The orange fence was an attempt to heard the ugly beasts in the direction they were supposed to be going. They were not moving like the rest of the crowd so they were maced.

I'd give my right arm for you to get touched, then maced, and tazed all in the same instance.

You complain about someone who is protesting getting maced, yet you wish physical harm done to me because we don't agree. Nice

I am not a proponent of physically hurting a woman.
Does that mean I won't break YOUR nose? Damn right I would.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

anybody, anywhere, can post public information, in the public, for any reason whatsoever.

the fact that it wasnt happening to this guy until he pissed some people off, only reinforces my speech.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Horrible analogy. A cop pepper spraying protestors and an incident between a shopper and a customer? No.

Police abuse their power and authority everyday without impunity. Maybe if their personal lives came under threat as a result of their abusive actions, they'd think twice before they try to go overboard when dealing with the public.

We the people deserve to be treated with respect and protected by the officers whose salary WE PAY. You should not be using unnecessary force against us because you want to protect the pigs in power, # you
edit on 26-9-2011 by illuminatislave because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

In almost all jurisdictions in the United States, merchants are legally empowered to detain shoplifting suspects for investigation and possible arrest and prosecution in the criminal justice system. This power is called "merchant’s privilege."

The merchant's privilege permits detention for limited purposes which vary by state. Common among these limited purposes are: (1) ascertaining that stolen merchandise is possessed by the suspect, (2) identifying the suspect, (3) investigating the alleged theft, (4) recovering stolen merchandise, and (5) notifying the police of the offense. Some states permit limited searches of the suspect, some states limit the extent to which identity may be established; and the use of force which can legally be used is, if mentioned, always non-deadly. Many company or store policies further restrict permissible actions in dealing with shoplifting suspects; e.g., prohibiting pursuing suspects beyond company property.

Dude, I did this for 2 years at one company and 1 year at another. I think you are confusing the law with your companies policy. Many companies have started restricting using force against someone. Technically you are right about 'arresting' someone. You 'detain' them until the police come.

Link

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join