It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistani airforce on red alert, expecting possible American action

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
And I've been looking over the website and it seems legit. No news I've seen on that website seem to be made up (like debka).

Due to this :
Senator says "all options on table" on Pakistan

The United States will have to consider all options "including defending our troops" in confronting Pakistani support for militant networks fighting U.S. soldiers in the region, a senator said on Sunday.

"We need to put Pakistan on notice," Sen. Lindsey Graham, a Republican member of the Armed Services Committee said on "Fox News Sunday."

"It destabilizes Afghanistan. They're killing American soldiers. If they continue to embrace terrorism as part of their national strategy we're going to have to put all options on the table, including defending our troops."

Then Pakistan said this :
Pak army defies US, will not attack Haqqani group: Report

Pakistan's military will not take action against a militant group Washington blames for an attack against its embassy in Kabul, despite mounting American pressure to do so, a Pakistani newspaper reported on Monday.

This is going on right now:
Pakistan Air Force on Red Alert

The Pakistan Air Force (PAF) has been put on red alert in view of possible American action. Modern fighter aircraft have been deployed at the western border.

Some circles have raised the fear of a US air attack from Afghanistan on North Waziristan. PAF has been alerted as a defensive measure. Air surveillance has also been made more effective by the PAF.

While China is there... :
General Khalid Shameem Wynne meets Chinese Vice Prime Minister

As U.S.-Pakistan Rift Widens, China Tells U.S. to Respect Pakistan’s ‘Sovereignty’

Beijing is sending a senior politician for talks Monday with President Asif Ali Zardari, two days after the Chinese foreign ministry warned the U.S. to respect Pakistan’s “sovereignty and territorial integrity.”

And this :
General Kayani cancels UK Visit

Pakistan Army chief has canceled a Monday visit to Britain as U.S. outrage grows over allegations that Pakistani spies helped insurgents attack American targets in Afghanistan.

Britain’s Ministry of Defense said Gen. Ashfaq Pervez Kayani, who was expected to meet privately with U.K. Defense Minister Liam Fox, had canceled. It declined to speculate on why the visit was scrapped.

A Pakistani official said Kayani was staying in Pakistan to hold talks on the crisis sparked by the U.S. accusations against Pakistan’s military-run Inter-Services Intelligence spy agency.

It seems to me the Pakistan-US situation has reached a critical point.

EDIT (to add more information)

Pakistan is allied with CHINA...Pakistan-China is like Israel-USA. Not only that, Pakistan is growing a big relationship with Saudi Arabia.

Pakistan desires to further strengthen ties with Saudi Arabia: President

Saudis 'eye Pakistani nukes' to face Iran

Saudi Arabia has been beefing up its military links with Pakistan to counter Iran's expansionist plans and this reportedly includes acquiring atomic arms from the only Muslim nuclear power or its pledge of nuclear cover.

[URL=http://www.smh.com.au/world/saudi-arabia-warns-off-us-on-palestinian-veto-20110913-1k7rp.html]Saudi Arabia warns off US on Palestinian veto

A FORMER head of Saudi Arabian intelligence and ex-ambassador to Washington, Turki al-Faisal, has warned that an American veto of Palestinian membership of the United Nations would end the ''special relationship'' between the two countries, and make the US ''toxic'' in the Arab world.

If Saudi Arabia were to really go the deep end, they could just dump US dollars and sell their oil in euros or Chinese yuan and screw the US dollar totally.
edit on 26-9-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-9-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
As well they should. But, to be honest, I don't think the U.S. will do anything.

See, Pakistan has decent technology and nukes, and the U.S. government is very hesitant to anger somebody with the capabilities to do more than hide in sand and shoot 20 year old Soviet rockets at us.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
You know there was a time once when I had nothing but respect for the American Government.

Now I see them behaving like the spoilt brat in the playground, ready to bash and bruise anyone they think isn't bowing down to them.

You know what, I hope they try and I hope they get their fingers burn't very very badly because now, there's more than one big guy in the playground!
edit on 26-9-2011 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
With the world economy collapsing and US power weakening, I believe it's just a matter of time until another world war erupts. It will be interesting to see who sides with who and how bad it would get. Hopefully it wouldn't go nuclear, biological or even chemical, but that may be wishful thinking on my part.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
As well they should. But, to be honest, I don't think the U.S. will do anything.

See, Pakistan has decent technology and nukes, and the U.S. government is very hesitant to anger somebody with the capabilities to do more than hide in sand and shoot 20 year old Soviet rockets at us.

America is not going to attack Pakistani forces...at least not unless those forces attack an American asset first. But they will continue to go on the offensive against what they consider to be Terrorist threats against its forces inside Afghanistan.

If they believe a certain group is behind attacks on their Embassies and other forces...and that group is operating our of Pakistan, they will attempt to take it out...with or without Pakistani agreement or approval.

And while it is true that Pakistan is reported to have about 100 nuclear devices of one kind or another, they do not have an ICBM capability...so do not present any kind of threat to America (unless they floated them over on boats).

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck

Right.

Sorry, Gus, the USAF would sweep the Paki AF from the skies in a matter of days. That's not bragging, but a fact.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by studio500
Now I see them behaving like the spoilt brat in the playground, ready to bash and bruise anyone they think isn't bowing down to them.

It's not because the Paki's aren't "bowing down" to the US; it's because the US has accused the Paki's of supplying insurgents in A-stan with info on our operations in that area.

Originally posted by studio500
You know what, I hope they try and I hope they get their fingers burn't very very badly because now, there's more than one big guy in the playground

Yep, it's always funny when US Soldiers get killed, right? Only ones that would get burnt very, very badly will be the Paks. Sorry about that.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The US told pakistan right after 9/11 to get on board and cooperate or they would be quote" bombed back to the stone age"

See here: www.timesonline.co.uk...

The leaders of both countries may have changed since then but the same premise holds true. Yes Pakistan may have a hundred nukes but they cant reach the US. Pakistan also had nukes back in 2001 when the US said they would be bombed back to the stone age so my guess is that the US could care less about their nukes and were prepared to launch a blitzkrieg bombing raid including the use of nukes that would annihilate their country. Id say about 50 nukes in the megaton yield range would effectively take Pakistan off the map.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

The leaders of both countries may have changed since then but the same premise holds true. Yes Pakistan may have a hundred nukes but they cant reach the US.

Yeah but they can nuke US bases in the middle-east and can nuke Europe.

And China-Pakistan is like US-Israel.

So the US REALLY attacks Pakistan and it'll be WW3.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I sincerely doubt American Military is worried about Pakistani Nukes...We can rain death on them (even without Nuclear Weapons) from lengths their Technology couldn't even touch. I'd hate to see a ground war in Pakistan but other than that they're helpless because we could destroy all Runways/Infrastructure before they could scramble a Aerial Offence.

I don't want it to happen, I'd hate to see it happen but it could happen. I betcha Pakistan's safety with the Nukes is in them telling the U.S. behind close doors that they will Nuke Israel because that's who they could reach if we attack.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I haven't seen anything on the BBC and they are normally up to date.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Here ya go: blogs.reuters.com...

"The United States has turned on Pakistan with such dizzying speed over the past few weeks that it is difficult to keep pace. Yet what is clear after Admiral Mike Mullen’s extraordinarily blunt statement that the Haqqani militant network is a “veritable arm” of the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) agency is that it now has the Pakistan army very firmly in its sights."

Originally posted by Krono

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

China doesn't have the logistics means to carry out a global war. It wouldn't be a world war if they theoretically got involved, but a major regional conflict. One they could not win.

The Chinese know they could not win in direct conflict wth the US. They are not suicidal, they would work in other ways to counter a US war against Pakistan.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace

"The United States has turned on Pakistan with such dizzying speed over the past few weeks that it is difficult to keep pace. Yet what is clear after Admiral Mike Mullen’s extraordinarily blunt statement that the Haqqani militant network is a “veritable arm” of the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) agency is that it now has the Pakistan army very firmly in its sights."

Thanks for the link but it didn't mention the PAF being on red alert!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by Vitchilo

China doesn't have the logistics means to carry out a global war. It wouldn't be a world war if they theoretically got involved, but a major regional conflict. One they could not win.

The Chinese know they could not win in direct conflict wth the US. They are not suicidal, they would work in other ways to counter a US war against Pakistan.

Dont be so naive. China have just modernised their entire armed forces, spent an extra £25billion and have improved their armed forces massively. China ARE the new super power.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
With all that money China has spent they just brough their military up to where the US was in 1980....but still without the aircraft carriers. You cant be a super power without aircraft carriers-thats what allows you to PROJECT power forard thus become a super power. The US has 11 count em yes 11 aircraft carriers and a full armada of support ships (Aegies Deestroyers, tankers etc) for EACH carrier as well. China has One. Yes One. And its a copy cat of an old Soviet design.

The US can get troops to China's shores but China cant get them to the US. That is another indicator of a super power. A super power can move their army all over the planet.
edit on 26-9-2011 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Here's more:

www.sananews.net...

Thanks for the link but it didn't mention the PAF being on red alert!

link   
And another: www.defence.pk...

link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

China's Air Craft Carrier is done, but it needs final testing.

UK are currently building its 2 Air Craft Carriers, when they are built will we be a super power? No cause our #e government has reduced our armed forces.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

And another: www.defence.pk...

Ok thats the proof I needed! Thank you very much.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join