It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus: I'm a prophet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Jesus said so himself

Matthew 10:40-41

He who receives you receives me, and he who receives me receives the one who sent me.
41 Anyone who receives a prophet because he is a prophet will receive a prophet's reward, and anyone who receives a righteous man because he is a righteous man will receive a righteous man's reward.

Matthew 13:53

When Jesus had finished these parables, he moved on from there.
54 Coming to his home town, he began teaching the people in their synagogue, and they were amazed. Where did this man get this wisdom and these miraculous powers? they asked.
55 Isn't this the carpenter's son? Isn't his mother's name Mary, and aren't his brothers James, Joseph, Simon and Judas?
56 Aren't all his sisters with us? Where then did this man get all these things?
57 And they took offence at him. But Jesus said to them, Only in his home town and in his own house is a prophet without honour.
58 And he did not do many miracles there because of their lack of faith.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Congratulations, Ill, you can read the bible. That means that you could easily find a whole heap of verses that say that Jesus wasn't "just a prophet." I could easily state a lot of them right now but that would be beating the poor dead horse. Why are you trying to unprove something that can't be unproven? What religion are you anyway?

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Hey man...I'm not Christian, but even I can see the first line of your bible verse Ill.

*He who receives you receives me, and he who receives me receives the one who sent me.*

Clearly that means G-d "sent him". More than just made him a prophet.

Better luck next time.

[Edited on 7-4-2003 by 5POF]

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SandMan
What religion are you anyway?

Illmatic67 is a muslim who's spending all his free time " to prove " us that Jesus is not the Son of God, that He was " just " a prophet. Why ? Because like this, he can say that Muhamad ( who is the last " official " prophet ) is the one that we HAVE to follow and Jesus is " out-of-date ". A kind of " has been "....

Am I right Illmatic67 ?

P.S : Good job 5POF.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Not suprised at all, really I'm not.

What I did was post two verses where Jesus cleary said he was just a prophet, not the son of God. God sent down Moses, Isiaiah, and Elijah and more but none of them said they were the Son of God. Your right, God did send down Jesus just as He sent down the rest but that doesnt mean he's the Son, there's a difference between the Son of God and just the son of God.

You can disprove what I just said but you can't prove Jesus was the Son of God, either.

My religion has nothing to do with me making this thread.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Ill - every post you have made has to do with either:

1. Your religion.

2. How every white guy is rascist.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dangerous_Brian
Ill - every post you have made has to do with either:

1. Your religion.

2. How every white guy is rascist.

yea, anyways... next...

PS. You've only been here 3 days, WTF do you know about me?

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 06:25 PM
link   
ok.. so if all you have to do to get to heaven is believe that Jesus is God or the son of God, then murders like Hitler and people in the KKK can just waltz right in then right?

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Hitler didn't believe in Jesus.

Hitler was a Pagan.

And did nobody see my point about what Jesus said in Ill's actual quote?

Ugh you are all so blind with hatred for eachother you just overlook the fact I just debunked Ill's post completely using the quotes just out of the Bible.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 09:22 PM
link   
5POF, stop trying to make up exuses for not being able to disprove those verse, if you can't do it just be a man about it and say you can't, okay?

Don't come here with that Illmatic hatred racist bull# as an exuse because the only intention I had was to have an intellectual discussion about those two verses with intellectual peoples such as not yourself.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Who is a liar,exclaims St .John the Theologian, but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ: He is Antichrist,that denieth the Father and the Son.Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father.

It is said,that those that are starangers to the truth, walk in the wordly vanity of their mind, having their understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God(Eph.4:18);they have their portion in this life(Ps.16:14);who mind earthly things, and whose end is destruction(Phil.3:19).The truth of God calls such people the faithless and perverse generation(Matt.17:17),
and for that reason says to us:save yourselves from this untoward generation(Acts 2:40)

Light is come into the world, says the Lord, and men loved darkness rather then light(John 3:19)
The prophets,too, appealed:Who beleived our report?
And to whom is the arm of the Lord revealed(Is.53:1)?
You do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God(Matt.22:29)

He that hath seen Me hath seen the Father; no man cometh unto the Father , but by Me (St john 14: 6,9 ).

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   
-Mark 10:18
So Jesus said to him, �Why do you call me good? No one is good but One, that is God.
- John 8:28
Then Jesus said to them, �when you lift up the son of man, then you will know that I am He, and that I do nothing of Myself; but as My father taught Me, I speak these things.

John 5:37
And the father himself, who sent me, has testified of Me. You have neither heard his voice at any time, no seen his form.

Matthew 7:21
�not everyone who says to me, Lord� Shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father in heaven.22 Many will say to me in that day, lord, lord have we not prophesied in your name, cast out demons in your name, and done many wonders in Your name?23 And then I will declare to them, �I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!�

John 6:38
For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of him who sent me
John 7:16
Jesus answered them and said, �My doctrine is not mine, but his who sent me

John 13:16
Most assuredly, I say to you, a servant is not greater than his master; nor is he who sent greater than he who sent him. 17 If you know theses things, blesses are you if you do them

Matthew 13:57
So they were offended at him. But Jesus said to them, �A prophet is not without honor except in his own country and in his own house�
- John 14:28
You have heard me say to you, �I am going away and coming back to you� If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said, �I am going to the Father, For My Father is Greater than I

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by abstract_alao
So Jesus said to him, �Why do you call me good? No one is good but One, that is God.
Then Jesus said to them, �when you lift up the son of man, then you will know that I am He, and that I do nothing of Myself; but as My father taught Me, I speak these things.

And the father himself, who sent me, has testified of Me. You have neither heard his voice at any time, no seen his form.

�not everyone who says to me, Lord� Shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father in heaven.22 Many will say to me in that day, lord, lord have we not prophesied in your name, cast out demons in your name, and done many wonders in Your name?23 And then I will declare to them, �I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!�

For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of him who sent me

Most assuredly, I say to you, a servant is not greater than his master; nor is he who sent greater than he who sent him. 17 If you know theses things, blesses are you if you do them

So they were offended at him. But Jesus said to them, �A prophet is not without honor except in his own country and in his own house�
You have heard me say to you, �I am going away and coming back to you� If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said, �I am going to the Father, For My Father is Greater than I

That is directly taken from the anti-christianity website www.TheReligiousTruth.com... but anywho..

All Illmatic67 (who is most possibly a muslim) is doing on this board is attempting to disprove the word of God, the Holy Bible, and to bash Christianity itself.

But instead of letting the Muslims wage holy war (jihad) on us, we should pray for them. That their eyes may be opened to the only savior - Jesus.

Illmatic, your points are really funny. Keep me amused. Jesus is the ONLY way to heaven.

Toodles

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 11:27 AM
link   
You still can't deny thoses quotes in the bible. There there as clear as day. Jesus message is more important than anything.... Why don't you people see that?!?!?

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 08:28 PM
link   
[in reference to the quotes Abstract posted]

Originally posted by Michael Thorn
That is directly taken from the anti-christianity website www.TheReligiousTruth.com... but anywho..

No.. actually they're from the bible.

All Illmatic67 (who is most possibly a muslim) is doing on this board is attempting to disprove the word of God, the Holy Bible, and to bash Christianity itself.

All YOU are trying to do on this board is use the 'Word of God' to prove your own points, and to bash Islam itself.
Let us now direct our attention to this thread:

www.digitalf8.com...

wherein, you say, "Islam is hate, Christianity is Love"
but hey.. that's a pretty solid, unbiased argument.

But instead of letting the Muslims wage holy war (jihad) on us, we should pray for them. That their eyes may be opened to the only savior - Jesus.

Or if that doesn't work, we'll just label their entire religion as synonymous with Hate, and take the holy war (jihad) to them.

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Michael Thorn

Originally posted by abstract_alao

Illmatic, your points are really funny. Keep me amused. Jesus is the ONLY way to heaven.

Toodles

You are being a total hypocrit. You are blaming Illmatic67 of saying that the Prophet Muhammad is the only way to go, while you yourself say that Jesus Christ is the only way to get to your heaven.

Unless I am reading this post in the wrong way, I am sorry, but it does sound like that you are being serious about it.

dwm

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 10:33 PM
link   
In the first verses you pulled out, Jesus did make an analogy to Himself as a prophet. But if you take that line literally, why do you ignore the rest of Matthew where it is also written,

63But Jesus kept silent. And the high priest answered and said to Him, "I put You under oath by the living God: Tell us if You are the Christ, the Son of God!"
64Jesus said to him, "It is as you said. Nevertheless, I say to you, hereafter you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven."
65Then the high priest tore his clothes, saying, "He has spoken blasphemy! What further need do we have of witnesses? Look, now you have heard His blasphemy! 66What do you think?"
They answered and said, "He is deserving of death."
-Matthew 26:63-66

I have never heard of a prophet from God who was a liar. He said he was the Christ, the Son of God. Here's some more scripture where Jesus clearly makes himself out to be on the same level as God, at one point referring to himself as the great I AM from Exodus 3:14:

31 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, "If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. 32And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."
33They answered Him, "We are Abraham's descendants, and have never been in bondage to anyone. How can You say, "You will be made free'?"
34Jesus answered them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave of sin. 35And a slave does not abide in the house forever, but a son abides forever. 36Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.

Abraham's Seed and Satan's
37 "I know that you are Abraham's descendants, but you seek to kill Me, because My word has no place in you. 38I speak what I have seen with My Father, and you do what you have seen with your father."
39They answered and said to Him, "Abraham is our father."
Jesus said to them, "If you were Abraham's children, you would do the works of Abraham. 40But now you seek to kill Me, a Man who has told you the truth which I heard from God. Abraham did not do this. 41You do the deeds of your father."
Then they said to Him, "We were not born of fornication; we have one Father--God."
42Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me. 43Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word. 44You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it. 45But because I tell the truth, you do not believe Me. 46Which of you convicts Me of sin? And if I tell the truth, why do you not believe Me? 47He who is of God hears God's words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of God."

Before Abraham Was, I AM
48 Then the Jews answered and said to Him, "Do we not say rightly that You are a Samaritan and have a demon?"
49Jesus answered, "I do not have a demon; but I honor My Father, and you dishonor Me. 50And I do not seek My own glory; there is One who seeks and judges. 51Most assuredly, I say to you, if anyone keeps My word he shall never see death."
52Then the Jews said to Him, "Now we know that You have a demon! Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and You say, "If anyone keeps My word he shall never taste death.' 53Are You greater than our father Abraham, who is dead? And the prophets are dead. Who do You make Yourself out to be?"
54Jesus answered, "If I honor Myself, My honor is nothing. It is My Father who honors Me, of whom you say that He is your God. 55Yet you have not known Him, but I know Him. And if I say, "I do not know Him,' I shall be a liar like you; but I do know Him and keep His word. 56Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad."
57Then the Jews said to Him, "You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?"
58Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM."
59Then they took up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.
-John 8:31-59

"Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. 4And where I go you know, and the way you know."
5Thomas said to Him, "Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?"
6Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

7 "If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him."
8Philip said to Him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us."
9Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, "Show us the Father'? 10Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works. 11Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves.
-John 14:1-11

Consider also Isaiah 53 and the other prophesies that Jesus fulfilled. If you believe Jesus is a prophet, you must also believe He is the Christ because the scriptures do not leave any other option.

[Edited on 17-4-2003 by dwm]

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 08:10 AM
link   
We are all children of GOD aren't we?!?!?

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 08:20 AM
link   
All I have to add to this "debate" is that you can't debate faith. You either have it.. or you don't. Regardless of your religous preference is all comes down to faith which is such an abstract idea that you can't prove or disprove it.

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 08:42 AM
link   

63But Jesus kept silent. And the high priest answered and said to Him, "I put You under oath by the living God: Tell us if You are the Christ, the Son of God!"
64Jesus said to him, "It is as you said. Nevertheless, I say to you, hereafter you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven."

65Then the high priest tore his clothes, saying, "He has spoken blasphemy! What further need do we have of witnesses? Look, now you have heard His blasphemy! 66What do you think?"
They answered and said, "He is deserving of death."

Heaven also meant the sky. Ancient people never differentiated from the two. To them they were the same. Also Christ was a title and religious one, Jesus a political title. Do some homework 63-66

-Matthew 26:
31 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, "If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. 32And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."
33They answered Him, "We are Abraham's descendants, and have never been in bondage to anyone. How can You say, "You will be made free'?"
34Jesus answered them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave of sin. 35And a slave does not abide in the house forever, but a son abides forever. 36Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.

Didn�t he saw believe in his word?!?! His message is more important because a message can live on!!!!

Abraham's Seed and Satan's
37 "I know that you are Abraham's descendants, but you seek to kill Me, because My word has no place in you. 38I speak what I have seen with My Father, and you do what you have seen with your father."
39They answered and said to Him, "Abraham is our father."
Jesus said to them, "If you were Abraham's children, you would do the works of Abraham. 40But now you seek to kill Me, a Man who has told you the truth which I heard from God. Abraham did not do this. 41You do the deeds of your father."
Then they said to Him, "We were not born of fornication; we have one Father--God."
42Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me. 43Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word. 44You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it. 45But because I tell the truth, you do not believe Me. 46Which of you convicts Me of sin? And if I tell the truth, why do you not believe Me? 47He who is of God hears God's words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of God."

Before Abraham Was, I AM
48 Then the Jews answered and said to Him, "Do we not say rightly that You are a Samaritan and have a demon?"
49Jesus answered, "I do not have a demon; but I honor My Father, and you dishonor Me. 50And I do not seek My own glory; there is One who seeks and judges. 51Most assuredly, I say to you, if anyone keeps My word he shall never see death."
52Then the Jews said to Him, "Now we know that You have a demon! Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and You say, "If anyone keeps My word he shall never taste death.' 53Are You greater than our father Abraham, who is dead? And the prophets are dead. Who do You make Yourself out to be?"
54Jesus answered, "If I honor Myself, My honor is nothing. It is My Father who honors Me, of whom you say that He is your God. 55Yet you have not known Him, but I know Him. And if I say, "I do not know Him,' I shall be a liar like you; but I do know Him and keep His word. 56Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad."
57Then the Jews said to Him, "You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?"
58Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM."
59Then they took up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.
-John 8:31-59

Isn�t the sprit infinite?!!??. In Jesus later teaching that are left out of the Bible ( yes there are books left out of the King James version of the bible they are known as the lost books of Eden and the lost books of the bible ) he said that you didn�t need a church to worship God, your body was your temple. He also said that God is all around you. But of course the Vatican wouldn�t endorse this because they would lose power over the masses

[quote[
"Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. 4And where I go you know, and the way you know."
5Thomas said to Him, "Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?"
6Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

7 "If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him."
8Philip said to Him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us."
9Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, "Show us the Father'? 10Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works. 11Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves.
-John 14:1-11

Throughout these quotes he say countless time to listen to his word. HIS WORD!!! When you believe in someone you believe in what they represent which is the Truth. Jesus said that he wasn�t trying to change what Moses taught just enforce it.

[Edited on 25-4-2003 by abstract_alao]

top topics

join