It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last Meal - What would you pick?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Fava beans and a nice Chianti.

Peace

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

The spirit of the post is really more about what you would describe as a fantastic meal...

I could have said Endless Soup and Salad, so they'd never execute me also...but you know. Still, I do like the humanity of your suggestion.

It totally is though, I think this thread is in light of Texas stopping the tradition. I do see what you're saying though. I always thought it was ridiculous feeding me after I killed a family of 3, killed 5 cops, and burnt down a government building? Come on, why feed that kind of person. IDK, different argument for different day.

Mostly, it's a tradition. Our whole idea behind execution is to do so humanely, and to try and take the higher road than the killer being executed. If an act of retribution, why not simply kill him in the manner he killed others? Why?, because we don't do that sort of thing. It's a punishment, not a revenge. Same with the last meal, the idea is to have some somewhat pleasing moments in the last moments of life for the condemned. Not saying I agree with it, just some insight into the practice.

Personally, I only support the death penalty in the cases of serial killers. For those folks, there simply isn't an alternative.
edit on 26-9-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

The spirit of the post is really more about what you would describe as a fantastic meal...

I could have said Endless Soup and Salad, so they'd never execute me also...but you know. Still, I do like the humanity of your suggestion.

It totally is though, I think this thread is in light of Texas stopping the tradition. I do see what you're saying though. I always thought it was ridiculous feeding me after I killed a family of 3, killed 5 cops, and burnt down a government building? Come on, why feed that kind of person. IDK, different argument for different day.

Mostly, it's a tradition. Our whole idea behind execution is to do so humanely, and to try and take the higher road than the killer being executed. If an act of retribution, why not simply kill him in the manner he killed others? Why?, because we don't do that sort of thing. It's a punishment, not a revenge. Same with the last meal, the idea is to have some somewhat pleasing moments in the last moments of life for the condemned. Not saying I agree with it, just some insight into the practice.

Personally, I only support the death penalty in the cases of serial killers. For those folks, there simply isn't an alternative.
edit on 26-9-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

Yeah I get it and since you took to time to explain... I'll play along and say that my last meal would be Anything my mother could cook for me. And I do mean anything. She's an amazing Italian (Sicilian) cook

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Appetizer : Fried Mushrooms with ranch

Entree : A large pepperoni, mushroom , sausage, green pepper and onion pizza.

Side : KFC potato wedges

Dessert: A frosty from Wendy's

Drink : a bottle of tequilla from Charley Sheen's personal stash

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Appetizer: Fried green beans, crawfish pistolettes, Olive Garden's alfredo dipping sauce and breadsticks.

Large field greens salad with jumbo shrimp, hearts of palm, artichoke hearts, yellow/orange/red heirloom tomatoes, sliced onions (thin strings), black olives, mini mozzarella balls and balsamic vinaigrette on the side.

Soup: Seafood Gumbo loaded with seafood.

Entree: A Cateaubriand steak, cooked rare, served with hollandaise sauce.
A giant lobster tail with drawn garlic butter.
Fried Oysters.

Truluck's garlic mashed potatoes.

Steamed assorted squash with more hollandaise sauce

Dessert: Creme Brulee with fresh blackberries, raspberries and strawberries garnished with white/dark chocolate shavings and Olive Garden's Lemon Cream Cake.

Beverages: A bottle of Louis XIII Cognac, the world's best fresh spring water, southern iced tea, and a gingerbread latte.

And while I eat all this, just play me some great 1970's southern rock

edit on 23-10-2011 by LeatherNLace because: forgot to add my drink

edit on 23-10-2011 by LeatherNLace because: added my music

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Mom's pizza. You think you've had pizza? You haven't until you taste my Mom's.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Possum fried tatters pinto beans and corn bread mmmmmm and sweet tea

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skorpiogurl
I wouldn't.
If it was my last meal, who cares if I'm hungry in the last 12 minutes or so of my life.
I'd donate my last meal to a homeless person.

Star for you. I was thinking the same thing. I Would give it to someone who truly needed it.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by maybee

Yes..y'all are saints! But, I think the point was...if you were not going to be PC...what would your last meal be? Clearly, you all can't get past being "the bigger person". Hooray for y'all! But, do you have any creativity in you at all or not?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Shepherd's pie and yorkshire puddings, followed by vanilla cheesecake and washed down with cherry coke and some haribo or rowntree's jellies!

Heaven

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Beverage: double thick chocolate malted milkshake
Apps: Thich cut onion rings
Soup; Lobster bisque or french onion soup
Main meal: Ribeye steak, med rare with sauted onions, bacon wraped roasted aspargus, either salt and dill encrusted potato, or roasted dill and garlic potatoes (I make them myself).
dessert: Double serving vanilla creme brulee.
Drink: Icewine

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Let's suppose I am on death row...last night...I want traditional chinese dim sum. Hot steaming dumplings, pork buns etc...I will eat till my stomach explodes and die...get the last laugh.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join