It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trader on BBC "Goldman Sachs" Runs the world.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrinkYourDrug
reply to post by Sunlionspirit

he talks he talks he talks, yes but the peoples in the world suffer because they play with $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for greed and profit ......
let him talk in prison, such kind of people are playing with our children !!! they are PEDOS !!!
raping the futur life of our children !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shame shame shame !!!

Educate yourself. Independent traders like this are not causing any suffering.

Or would you rather no one traded the markets (resulting in illiquid markets, the costs of which are passed onto the consumer)?

This man just merely the obvious - that there is money to be made regardless of the direction of the markets.

Sorry but I do not have to educate myself man, I work in the financial State administration and I know pretty well those traders just make money even if that puts other banks or countries into big trouble !!!
it all started with Lehman and their fraud and lots of other fraudeurs !!! and of course the subprime frauds ..
so it started in USA and the world is still sick from this happening - lots of money just evaporated into nothingness, lots and lots of people loosing their houses .....
we are the victims of the greedy traders, trading against countries should be forbidden !!
this is just sickening financial activity they are doing ! shadow banking they call that ....
read the new book ' capitalisme hors la loi " from a belgian journalist Marc Roche working for Le Monde and The Guardian and The Independant ..... read about it - I hope it will be soon in English and see what those people are doing in the backstage of the markets .....
Peace.
edit on 28-9-2011 by Sunlionspirit because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-9-2011 by Sunlionspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
reply to post by RogerT

Do you still swing trade? I've stopped investing per say, but still swing trade. I.e. I just opened up a short position through the VIX.

I mean, if you think about it, if the monetary system is gone in a year, why the heck not? It's sort of akin to playing Monopoly.

Yeah, if you enjoy it, knock yourself out.
And right now, the money is still useable and useful. There seem to be no shortage of worthy projects that need short term or start-up funding.
I've been committing almost all disposable income to local community projects and that is really great fun.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrinkYourDrug

he talks he talks he talks, yes but the peoples in the world suffer because they play with $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for greed and profit ......
let him talk in prison, such kind of people are playing with our children !!! they are PEDOS !!!
raping the futur life of our children !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shame shame shame !!!

Educate yourself. Independent traders like this are not causing any suffering.

Or would you rather no one traded the markets (resulting in illiquid markets, the costs of which are passed onto the consumer)?

This man just merely the obvious - that there is money to be made regardless of the direction of the markets.

Oops, not a very honest or authentic response now is it?
So a bunch of speculators (mostly automated computer programs) that know little and care less about market fundamentals, who throw around other people's money with impunity, who seek only a short term gain (often end of the day gain) who regularly buy, sell, then by again the same commodity or stock on the same day (or same hour), are keeping prices down for the consumer?
I don't think so.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
New interview with Rastani on CNN today

CNN interview with Rastani

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wobbly Anomaly
New interview with Rastani on CNN today

CNN interview with Rastani

I like the guy, he seems pretty honest about everything. It's not like he's telling us anything we havn't discussed on these boards. He's right about our politicians. the markets control them not the other way around.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Rastani is not a registered trader who deals with a company's money. He is a private trader who speculates with his own money. If that had been made clear from the start, this interview would not have gone viral as though he was an insider making a firm prediction about what he knows is coming down. He does not have inside corporate knowledge. He's an outsider just expressing his opinion. He got taken too seriously.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I know pretty well those traders just make money even if that puts other banks or countries into big trouble !!!

While it is true traders make money on negative news or events they are not the ones causing such news or events (especially individual traders). Without people trading the markets and providing liquidity the price would not represent a fair value after a negative (or positive) event.

Traders cannot push price too far from its true value (and when they do there is opportunity in trading the correction). One only needs to look at how difficult it is for central banks to attempt to manipulate/intervene with market pricing and the amount of money they waste in trying to do so.

and of course the subprime frauds ..

Blame the government for bailing them out. If someones handing out free money I'm there.

lots of money just evaporated into nothingness

For those on the wrong side of the market. During a recession it is wise to restructure your investment portfolio.

lots and lots of people loosing their houses .....

Many of them because they signed up for mortgages they could never afford. People do need to take responsibility for their own finances.

we are the victims of the greedy traders, trading against countries should be forbidden !!

Of course most people like to blame others for their situation. It's been proven that disallowing short selling does not prevent price from adjusting to a fair value.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by RogerT

Oops, not a very honest or authentic response now is it?

Quite the opposite.

So a bunch of speculators (mostly automated computer programs) that know little and care less about market fundamentals, who throw around other people's money with impunity, who seek only a short term gain (often end of the day gain) who regularly buy, sell, then by again the same commodity or stock on the same day (or same hour), are keeping prices down for the consumer?
I don't think so.

First of all, I was talking about individual traders (who usually trade their own funds).

As explained in my previous post above, traders serve to ensure markets correct to represent fair value. Traders who trade short term and frequently provide a lot of liquidity to the market. They offer lower prices as often as they bid it up. Without liquidity the difference between a liquid bid and a liquid offer is increased - consumers wanting to buy the commodity would pay a higher price than if there was no competition between traders offering it. Producers wanting to supply the commodity would sell for a lower price than if there was no competition between traders bidding for it.

What negative effects to you believe arise as a result of speculators attempting to make short-term gains?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
RT put it nicely in this video:

I guess this guy did open some eyes and that is what we need.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Here is another interview with Alessio Rastani.

I think he is not part of the YesMen. Compare his ears with the Bhopal guy's!
Whether what he says is right, only time will tell.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join