It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trader on BBC "Goldman Sachs" Runs the world.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
this guys gonna end up having an unfortunate "accident", hes got some balls though.

Just more proof to show they orchestrate these depressions so they can make money off of it, everytime the market crashes I wish I had the extra money to buy into some things like these guys do.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanJP
We REALLY need to start tradiong amongst ourselves with things that have value....

Not something shot out of a printer that is backed by NOTHING.

We need to drop out and form self sufficient communes. We need to leave the cruel game in which we are the tools of the bankers. If we don't play, they can't win.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by gentledissident

Originally posted by EvanJP
We REALLY need to start tradiong amongst ourselves with things that have value....

Not something shot out of a printer that is backed by NOTHING.

We need to drop out and form self sufficient communes. We need to leave the cruel game in which we are the tools of the bankers. If we don't play, they can't win.

I'm with you and you have great ideas but how are you going to get others to follow?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Buy silver...right now...real silver. Silver ingots that you can trade for goods..,

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the guy is almost certainly one of the yes men.

Reuters Link

Bhopal Disaster...

The Bhopal Disaster link is a video of the same guy claiming to represent Dow Chemical, also on the BBC.

It's more than likely a hoax, although what the the guy said was (imo) The Truth (with two capital T's).
edit on 27-9-2011 by eightfold because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by eightfold

I don't know for sure. Forbes did an interview with him (asking the Yes Men question at the end) if the interview is legit then he is a small (very small) time trader and I have to wonder why the beeb got him on.. if not why they would fall for the same thing twice.

Forbes: Trader or Prakster

But he certainly fulfilled our (the public that is) image of what a trader is like and how they think.
edit on 27/9/11 by thoughtsfull because: just to point out how small a trader he seems to be if he is a trader

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

There's a video from 2007 of the same guy representing Dow Chemical in my previous post tho, how does that work?

He's either a hoaxer... or.... he got sacked from Dow in 2007 (for promising a settlement on the Union Carbide case), lied about being a Yes Man, retrained as a trader and spent the last 5 years raping and pillaging, only to appear on the BBC to tell us all The Truth.

I'm erring towards a hoax. The BBC regularly get caught out by the Yes Men.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Kinda makes you second guess yourself about Alex Jones now doesn't it

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

It's not the same guy, they look similar and speak a little like each other but they are not the same. Even the reauters article you provided says as much.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quetzalcoatl12
I'm with you and you have great ideas but how are you going to get others to follow?
That's very kind of you to say. However, these are not my ideas. They have existed and will continue to be formed from conclusions because they are reality. I'm not trying to get anyone to follow. I'm trying to wake people up to the reality they've hidden from themselves so that we may to this collaboratively. I know people who are in different stages of awakening. We encourage each other. My goal is to work on a place for my family and invite others to be a part of it.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by eightfold
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the guy is almost certainly one of the yes men.

Reuters Link

Bhopal Disaster...

The Bhopal Disaster link is a video of the same guy claiming to represent Dow Chemical, also on the BBC.

It's more than likely a hoax, although what the the guy said was (imo) The Truth (with two capital T's).

You're wrong - it's now common consensus on the net that it is NOT one of the YES MEN.

I think this guy could possibly be the real deal. But he was prepared, and schooled in what to say - SOMEONE, has planned and planted him in the position he found himself in.

The Revenant.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by A-Dub
this guys gonna end up having an unfortunate "accident", hes got some balls though.

Just more proof to show they orchestrate these depressions so they can make money off of it, everytime the market crashes I wish I had the extra money to buy into some things like these guys do.

My misc alarm went off, you on dat dere misc time brah?

Pretty scary situation, my mum has alot saved up and i dont want it to go to #, what do?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

No it doesn't.... the article speculates that the guy might be both a Yes Man and an independent trader.

If you look at his blog, his Twitter account, and his interview with Forbes, not to mention his notorious BBC interview, it’s pretty clear that Alessio Rastani is, at least in part, who he says he is. The Yes Men do set up elaborate hoaxes, but they do so with respect to large institutions: they wouldn’t put this much effort into inventing “Alessio Rastani” out of whole cloth. Mostly because there are lots of genuine traders like Alessio Rastani floating around the internet already. They trade their own money, they sometimes win and they sometimes lose, and they aspire to getting famous on the internet and selling their own trading advice.

That said, however, the resemblance to “Jude Finisterra” from the Yes Men is startling. Which raises the question: is it possible that Rastani is both a trader and a member of the Yes Men? And the answer there, I think, is absolutely yes.

he resemblance to “Jude Finisterra” from the Yes Men is startling. Which raises the question: is it possible that Rastani is both a trader and a member of the Yes Men? And the answer there, I think, is absolutely yes.

In my opinion (and everyone in my office), they Dow Jones guy & the Trader guy are one and the same.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
So there is the solution :....make what this guy does to make money... illegal and you can have your country back.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontlaughthink
make what this guy does to make money... illegal

The bankers have the money to make the laws. They have the money to threaten or remove those who oppose them. The elite are the law.
edit on 27-9-2011 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I don't think he is anything to do with the Yes Men, I read he is an independent Trader. It's not like we havn't heard people like Max Keiser say these same things for years now.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Revenant
You're wrong - it's now common consensus on the net that it is NOT one of the YES MEN.

I think this guy could possibly be the real deal. But he was prepared, and schooled in what to say - SOMEONE, has planned and planted him in the position he found himself in.

The Revenant.

Common consensus? Did you do a head count?

Aaaaaand you're claiming to know that he was prepped and planted on the news? Where did you get your info from?

I was only comparing the guys face in the two videos and speculating that he might be the same guy, which I still think might be the case. They look very similar.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I still think he might be a Yes Man.

I'm not disagreeing with what he said tho.... I've had soooo many arguments about the Euro being set up to fail and the large hedge funds/global investment institutions like Goldman Sachs being at the top of the pyramid.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Weather this man a fake or not you got to admit what he says sounds close to the truth.
The big boys really dont care about us and if our savings get wiped out in 12 months like it did in 1930s germany
what are the chances of history repeating.
That didt really turn out too well for the ordinary people.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by Angrybadger

I don't take him as a genuine guy, but he is only saying the things we know, that normally the MSM sugar coats and spins.The only advice he really offers was to protect your assets. Seems like pretty good advice, what has the MSM recommended people do? Dont panic and Carry on.

Hi, I'm a bit puzzled by what you are saying. I watch BBC news 24 very often and I don't see them advocating one way or another, or suppressing points of view (within what I personally feel is acceptable reason). While it's not a broadcasting corporations remit to spread doom without having something to back it up, they seem to cover most bases regularly. As you say, he really tells people to protect their assets which seems good advice whether the financial picture is sunny or cloudy. As for Goldman Sachs ruling the world, I think that's got to be put in perspective of the interview itself.

ETA: People do need to remember this guy is giving his opinion and that means...... he's giving his opinion. Big point to make, doesn't make him right, doesn't make him wrong.
edit on 27-9-2011 by something wicked because: As described

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join