It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancent aliens??? I dont think so!!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368
There have been at least 2 other advanced civilizations on Earth.

There is no evidence of any advanced civilisation on Earth in the last 4.7 billion years.

The Teletubies do not count.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by Hanslune
When doing comparitive myth combing (for facts or reality or whatever) people tend to cherry-pick the stories that support their bias and leave out the more unbelievable or contradictory ones - ya know talking animals and stuff

There's also the "pious fraud" ones (like the urban legend "glurges" -- little fictional stories (such as children giving their last pennies to found an orphanage) which were created to enhance belief.) I have also seen (and on ATS) people say that they create these fictions to force people with the real story and real evidence to come forward in a spirit of kinship.

And then there's sites by people who don't actually understand what they're reading.

It's a complicated picture.

Definitely and thanks for mentioning 'pious fraud' another source for the creation of 'stories'. One other that I remembered, misinterpretation and mistranslation; languages, especially ancient ones that are not fully understood and a spoken only language without a large vocab can be hard to translate into a message understandable today; this can be seen in how translations of say an Esquimaux story into English, French and German differ slightly and if translated in Swahili, Arabic or Hakka very considerably.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

The Teletubies do not count.

Curse you unbeliever!

Howdy Essan good to read you again

Oh is it you or Cormac who keeps a detailed list of the most ancient habitations found?
edit on 27/9/11 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Bull hockey.

I've sat and watched tellytubbies count.
Very good to see you again, Essan.
Perhaps you will appreciate that I'm using my Wii to write this. LOL There's no exclamation point.
No point. Sort of your point, wasn't it.
There's no question mark either.

Harte

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I have yet to see any evidence at all that would indicate either alien intervention or the existence of some ancient, unknown civilization

The Mayan calendar, Baalbek, the Pyramids.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

I have yet to see any evidence at all that would indicate either alien intervention or the existence of some ancient, unknown civilization

The Mayan calendar, Baalbek, the Pyramids.

The Mayan Calendar: by the Maya based on earlier work by the Olmecs and others

Baalbek: Roman built on a site used by the earlier Phoenicians

Pyramids: Ancient Egyptians

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
To explain UFOs the ancient Earth civilization would have been more advanced than we are today. Assuming this ancient civilization evolved on Earth and was not transplanted by aliens then at some point they would have passed through a stage of civilization similar to our own. It's hard for me to imagine how a civilization similar to our own would not leave lots of environmental damage to find later. (That's just my opinion.)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I don't believe that all ancient civilizations hula danced and passed out lei's to all strangers and bid them a warm welcome. Some were territorial and very aggressive to strangers and known enemies. They might have looked upon these so called sky gods if they were real as monsters or demons even.

If the Earth were over run by aliens as some would like you to believe, then in the same sense it might be possible that some were not welcome in this act of the play and not looked upon as saviors and gods. Sort of being denied the key to the mud hut and a place at the fire.

So if its feasible that aliens became gods, its also feasible that some were killed off and their property seized. But there is no proof of the god theory and no proof of captured alien artifacts.

How would alien's hold off a horde of angry savages? Telepathy?

Hypnosis is shown to work on some and there are others that just cannot be hypnotized at all and I've never seen one of these modern alien claims portraying an alien with a walkie-talkie or a ray gun for help or defense.

Then again, maybe their first encounter was with cannibals.

edit on 4-10-2011 by dcmb1409 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-10-2011 by dcmb1409 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
The "Ancient Alien" theories will continue to surface from time to time and are the source of much debate between ATS members.
There are many events in our history that leave me puzzled despite some very erudite replies from theorists and experts alike.
Some time about 10,000 years ago we certainly made a huge leap in our evolution as regards agriculture, writing and building. The Sumerians give (according to whether you believe the translations) an explanation in their tablets of creation where "The Shining Ones" interfered with our genetic building blocks.
One thing that puzzles me regarding this is that if we evolved from the Hunter/Gather stage into the Agriculture/Building stage so quickly, wouldn't that surely amount to just about every woman on earth giving birth to a child with advanced intellectual abilities for that particular time?
Also, there is the question of where did the white men and yellow men come from.
We have much to discover yet.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join