It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancent aliens??? I dont think so!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Well hear gos my first post.I have of late been watching ancient aliens and every time i hear them say the title i can help but think that it is the remnants of a pre ice age civilization!

I think it would also explain a lot of theory's about ancient aliens eg hollow earth theory and numerous native American story's of people that lived underground.Witch makes me think that it was a pre ice age civilization emerging from there bunkers from the last ELE

Also these bunkers would have bean scattered through out the globe and in true human fashion probably started wars with each other(war of the gods)ancient astronauts and various depictions of flying vessels that they taken in to hiding

And that's just the tip of the ice berg

look forward to your thoughts
Peace
Steve

edit on 26-9-2011 by battl3star because: I am dislecsyic

edit on 26-9-2011 by battl3star because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I tend to agree that more advanced unknown civilizations are more likely an answer to some of these mysteries than ancient aliens. For example,the Trojan war was considered fiction until it was proven to have some authenticity as an actual event. Similar for some events in the bible.
Some ancient alien proponents are very religious in their devotion, though.

But who knows, really? There are more things on heaven and earth....

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
No way to know for sure from our perspective.

Be assured though, there is more to this world, past present and future that we are not informed of.

Exciting times ahead.

-GM

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by battl3star

I'm of a similar mind to you, and what's more, what if all the ufo's are not aliens, but remanents of ancient civs that decided to go live some place else. It would explain why they keep a check on their 'children'

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
There have been at least 2 other advanced civilizations on Earth. Most likely our "visitors" are descendants of those who were forced to leave for some unknown reason.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I have yet to see any evidence at all that would indicate either alien intervention or the existence of some ancient, unknown civilization.

Harte

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

All there is are myths and legends from every corner of the planet with some similarity.That point to aliens or ancient civilization .Or perhaps a over active imagination

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by battl3star
Well hear gos my first post.I have of late been watching ancient aliens and every time i hear them say the title i can help but think that it is the remnants of a pre ice age civilization!

I think it would also explain a lot of theory's about ancient aliens eg hollow earth theory and numerous native American story's of people that lived underground.Witch makes me think that it was a pre ice age civilization emerging from there bunkers from the last ELE

Also these bunkers would have bean scattered through out the globe and in true human fashion probably started wars with each other(war of the gods)ancient astronauts and various depictions of flying vessels that they taken in to hiding

And that's just the tip of the ice berg

look forward to your thoughts
Peace
Steve

edit on 26-9-2011 by battl3star because: I am dislecsyic

That has always been my theory. I say Enoch was never taken to another planet, he was just taken north! The gods that taught him were actually just tutors. When some one has been living in an area with little sunlight, or underground, then they would be pale. It would also explain the beards worn by the gods, for warmth. No aliens, just carried over (misunderstood) technology.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Turkenstein

every thing is possible but did enoch not vanish for 500 years?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
-agreed.

one more time for the world: evidence of ancient does not equal evidence of alien.

the strange 'gods' OTOH is an entirely different matter.

edit on 26-9-2011 by khnumkhufu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
There is no evidence for any prior technological civilizations. None. I have looked. There would be infrastructure remnants. Roads, mountain cuts, dam remains, etc. Things built in deserts ( and humans are basically desert animals) do not decay as quickly as things built in temperate climates. The evidence would be undeniable. Humans leave trash. ALL humans leave trash everywhere we go. It's what we do. You can go as far out in the woods as is possible, climb a cliff and pretty much find a soda,, beer or water bottle every single time.

That stuff will be here after the next ice age is long gone. Their trash would be here had it ever existed. But it didn't.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ookie

Do you know how much a glacier weighs??? I don't but i do know that the earths gravitational field is still affected to this day(areas of week gravity due to the ice diapering) from the ice that receded at the end of the last ice age! also anything under it would be ground to dust

Also if every one was to disappear today it would take about 100000 years for all our rubbish to bio degrade and that's for plastic most rubbish can be turned into compost in about 5 years.And without maintenance buildings and roads would be wiped clean in about 100000 years

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
both ideas are possible, but theres no proof for either one, just theories and i personly think they are both equally as likely

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Some comments

1.Trojan war: Perhaps not fictional but not proven as a historical fact. We are fairly certain we have found Troy but the Greeks base for the siege has never been found. Most probably there was a war that Homer based the Illiad on but its also probably includes large amounts of 'made up stuff', especially that regarding the influence of the Greek gods

2. Glaciers do crush stuff up but much survives, the till at the end of glacier is often full of fossils, stone tools, bones etc. We also know that glaciers didn't cover the entire planets surface. Other facts against 'advanced' humans is no since of environmental modification in ice cores, coral samples, fossil pollen, sediments, etc

3. Ookie is most correct

4. Harte is right

5. Advanced humans possible and probable, aliens possible but not probable

6. In the Middle east where the best chance of finding such a 'lost' civilization there are 8-12k unexcavated mounds or places where the bottom layers have not been reached or they were dug into during the 19th century and poor records if any were kept.

As with so much archaeology we await further excavation and research - I think there are a few copper age or neolithic communities out there somewhere....

edit on 26/9/11 by Hanslune because: Added number 6,

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I like the show but I don't buy the theories at all. There would be some evidence and a couple of ancient stories just doesn't do it for me.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

I like the show but I don't buy the theories at all. There would be some evidence and a couple of ancient stories just doesn't do it for me.

Well yeah

Johnson covers this extensively in his writings

When doing comparitive myth combing (for facts or reality or whatever) people tend to cherry-pick the stories that support their bias and leave out the more unbelievable or contradictory ones - ya know talking animals and stuff

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by battl3star
reply to post by Harte

All there is are myths and legends from every corner of the planet with some similarity.That point to aliens or ancient civilization .Or perhaps a over active imagination

The ancients' fascination with the sky no more indicates alien intervention than does the modern (American's) fascination with American Idol.

In fact, the two (sky myths and American Idol) are fairly closely related.

Harte

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
THESE THEORES SEEM MORE BELEVABLE THAN THE STORYS WRITEN IN THE BIBLE
YET HOW MANY PEOPLE BUY INTO THAT CRAP
edit on 27-9-2011 by spacegremlin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Nah brah, Aliens

I agree that I think we would have found more evidence of past civilizations if they existed, although a few odd things have been found around that cant be explained

the religious texts seem a little outlandish but may be some truth/misunderstanding in them. writing was a privileged thing back in the day so I cant see too many people spending all that time to just make up stories but strange people do strange things.

ancient aliens is an entertaining thought, but some people are following it too much like a religion. Its more probable in my opinion then gods but still not very likely. They make some very good points in the show, but I also palmface myself sometimes at the conclusions they jump to.
edit on 27-9-2011 by A-Dub because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
When doing comparitive myth combing (for facts or reality or whatever) people tend to cherry-pick the stories that support their bias and leave out the more unbelievable or contradictory ones - ya know talking animals and stuff

There's also the "pious fraud" ones (like the urban legend "glurges" -- little fictional stories (such as children giving their last pennies to found an orphanage) which were created to enhance belief.) I have also seen (and on ATS) people say that they create these fictions to force people with the real story and real evidence to come forward in a spirit of kinship.

And then there's sites by people who don't actually understand what they're reading.

It's a complicated picture.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join