It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What This Is. What We Are. What's Really Real. What Happens When You Die.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Firstly, the only thing that has any quality in this universe is emotion.

Love is the one true emotion. Fear and hate are the absence of love and the non-acceptance of it in your temporal self.

Secondly, we are all one.

We are the universe with brains that function with constructed egos that usually only allow us to perceive individuality, but this individuality is not what we are, it is only what we think we are.

Death of the body is not the death of the eternal self, because the eternal self is the universe, and when your temporal individualistic self ceases to be, your eternal universal self is still alive.

We are the universe where the only thing that counts for anything in us is the quality of our emotion and the quality of emotion we generate in others. The emotion is love. Everything else is repression of that.

When you die, you become the only thing you ever were which was and is love. When you die, you live on as what you really are which is the universe where the only thing that counts as something that truly exists is emotion which is love if not repressed.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I have seen this sort of comment before. I am not one to harbor a public opinion on the validity of it, since it is your belief to have...

I do have to wonder, though.. Are those who are emotionally handicapped less real than those who can feel emotions normally?

edit on 9-26-2011 by rogerstigers because: I was randomly selected for enhanced security screening by the spelling nazi's

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
that sums it up about as good as you could hope for

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Undifferentiated Divine Love is a very powerful thing. Unconditional, complete Love is hard to grok in a world of differentiations and conditions.

www.amazon.com...

edit on 26-9-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I disagree highly with the op. When we die those who have accepted Jesus Christ as their lord and Savior will resurrect and will live for an eternity in the kingdom also known as heaven.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

I actually thought of a similar concept the other day while overlooking the Columbia River Gorge. After seeing your post I decided to type it up and save it so I wouldn't forget. Here it is:

On the 21st or 22nd of September 2011, I thought of an idea that we (as humans) are all filled with living energy (the soul?), and when we die our energy becomes one (again) with the living universe. This life encompassing mass of living energy which makes up the solar system and reality is called "GOD".

Life!!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tony Stark

I actually thought of a similar concept the other day while overlooking the Columbia River Gorge. After seeing your post I decided to type it up and save it so I wouldn't forget. Here it is:

On the 21st or 22nd of September 2011, I thought of an idea that we (as humans) are all filled with living energy (the soul?), and when we die our energy becomes one (again) with the living universe. This life encompassing mass of living energy which makes up the solar system and reality is called "GOD".

Life!!

Your instincts are on the right track. We are chemical spirits of engery with a soul. Our chemical spirits feed the Universe.

Our purpose of creation on Earth is to Love, Create and be Peaceful. Once we have mastered that - we are no longer reincarnated on this planet and go to gods many mansions and are taught all knowledge and how to create our own peacefull loving universes of paradise.

But see the fallen angles screwed that up for us and taught us hate and war.

Now when we die, until we figure out our true purpose of existence and become "enlightened" to this fact, we will be reincarnated onto Earth until we figure it out.

The Keys of Enoch - The Book of Knowledge contains all the answers.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DemonicUFO
I disagree highly with the op. When we die those who have accepted Jesus Christ as their lord and Savior will resurrect and will live for an eternity in the kingdom also known as heaven.

Well, my friend, you will be surprised to know that I agree with you while maintaining my orignal post as being true.

Although, this is more of a psychological thread than a spiritual one, I am able to provide you with biblical scriptures to support my claim.

These scriptures refer to the fact that we are all one body.

Romans 12:5
so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.

1 Corinthians 12:12
Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ.

1 Corinthians 12:27
Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Ephesians 4:15
Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ.

Colossians 1:24
Now I rejoice in what I am suffering for you, and I fill up in my flesh what is still lacking in regard to Christ’s afflictions, for the sake of his body, which is the church.

Colossians 3:15
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.

These verses from the bible speak about how we are love (because we are the body of christ who is love) and the importance of love.

1 JOHN 4
7 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9 This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. 10 This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. 11 Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.
13 This is how we know that we live in him and he in us: He has given us of his Spirit. 14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. 15 If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in them and they in God. 16 And so we know and rely on the love God has for us.
God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them. 17 This is how love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment: In this world we are like Jesus. 18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

1 CORINTHIANS 13
1 If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

So as you can see, we are the body of Christ, therefore we are one with him who is God's son who is one with the father, so therefore we are one with God. The holy spirit, love, is the only thing that matters, and that is part of us and we are that as well.

John 14
11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me

Romans 12:5
so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.

John 4
8... God is love.

edit on 26-9-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

I do have to wonder, though.. Are those who are emotionally handicapped less real than those who can feel emotions normally?

edit on 9-26-2011 by rogerstigers because: I was randomly selected for enhanced security screening by the spelling nazi's

It's not that they are less real, it is only that they are not experiencing reality as it is, but rather how they as individuals are perceiving it. They just aren't fully experiencing reality. They are only experiencing internal conflict. Conflict with reality.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
yes

we are one
everything is one
all is one

love is included
and so is its absence

keep that in mind, dont deny anything
everything is meant to be felt

love does not reject anything, not even the "lack" of love

accept duality and its principles before attempting oneness

so to all those on the love path, keep in mind you also have to love the emotions you dislike and reject on you and others.

edit on 26/9/11 by AnotherYOU because: must be filled out

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

are you saying memories don't die? Because if I lost all my memories, it wouldn't matter what I was, I wouldn't be "me" so to speak. - I get what you are saying, I'm just seeing this as another attempt to find hope in what we don't really know. What's the lesson for the temporal body? Is there even a lesson? Which "experience" has more worth/value?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Love is the one true emotion. Fear and hate are the absence of love and the non-acceptance of it in your temporal self.

We are the universe with brains that function with constructed egos that usually only allow us to perceive individuality, but this individuality is not what we are, it is only what we think we are.

Death of the body is not the death of the eternal self, because the eternal self is the universe, and when your temporal individualistic self ceases to be, your eternal universal self is still alive.

We are the universe where the only thing that counts for anything in us is the quality of our emotion and the quality of emotion we generate in others. The emotion is love. Everything else is repression of that.

When you die, you become the only thing you ever were which was and is love. When you die, you live on as what you really are which is the universe where the only thing that counts as something that truly exists is emotion which is love if not repressed.

I'm going to have to disagree. Not that it matters, but still, I thought I'd check in with something since the thread title was so promising and all.

I guess my only real question is why the most sophisticated of expressions (Love) is primordial and responsible for the most primitive of existential developments (raw contextual juxtaposition). You'd think - given the obvious nature of what we've established as primary structure - that it would be the other way around at the macro level. If what you state is true, then the macro level of existence is 180 degrees in opposition with all other levels of existence. Seems odd, and - to me - there should be a clear and compelling reason for such a profound clash between what should be directly associated.

Any ideas as to what causes such a schism between the "top" and the "bottom" of existential structure, and where the delineation between the two sits?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

I'm going to have to disagree. Not that it matters, but still, I thought I'd check in with something since the thread title was so promising and all.

It matters. Every input helps paint a clearer picture of truth.

I guess my only real question is why the most sophisticated of expressions (Love) is primordial and responsible for the most primitive of existential developments (raw contextual juxtaposition). You'd think - given the obvious nature of what we've established as primary structure - that it would be the other way around at the macro level. If what you state is true, then the macro level of existence is 180 degrees in opposition with all other levels of existence. Seems odd, and - to me - there should be a clear and compelling reason for such a profound clash between what should be directly associated.

Any ideas as to what causes such a schism between the "top" and the "bottom" of existential structure, and where the delineation between the two sits?

Love is simply the acceptance of and cooperation with what you are, which is the universe. That is the action of love which is always accompanied by the feeling of love. Being that we are all part of a cooperative system, this is the most appropriate response to the environment.

The identity is driven by fear of death and works to combat this most appropriate action/emotion. But it does so, I think, mainly because it has misidentified itself in opposition to its complete self which is the universe whole.

When the universal self is realized, then the identity can begin restructuring itself in association with its higher universe self. This is the more evolved form of identity. It is one that works naturally in conjuction with its other "external" parts rather than against them.

In other words, the fear-driven survival mechanism is intellectually primitive, and only applies to intellectually primitive environments. The re-structuring of "contextual environment's" group identity marks the beginning of intellectual emergence into the awareness of the true universal self.

Death marks the end of the individual self, and the universal self is all that's left, but it is the universal self from the perspective of all a universal being can experience itself as in whole, which is the collective emotional majority. In other words, a being the size of the universe isn't going to be able to simultaneously perceive every individual perspective in the universe, rather, it will be able to experience the collective feeling of the all, which at this stage of the universe's development should be love.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by juveous

are you saying memories don't die? Because if I lost all my memories, it wouldn't matter what I was, I wouldn't be "me" so to speak.

I didn't say that. I said your true self is the universe. When your temporal individual self dies, the memory of your experiences rests within the ones who are still alive that experienced them with you. You are correct to say that when you die, you won't be you, but its not that you lose access to memories, its because you become who you actually are and then remember that it is who you really are. You see that your temporal body was just a temporal individual perspective of the universal whole that was never really "you" in the first place.

What's the lesson for the temporal body? Is there even a lesson? Which "experience" has more worth/value?

If I had to guess, I would say the lesson for the temporal body is to learn to do everything it can to make the world and in turn the universe a better place filled with love and peace. The temporal individual body has the ability to affect the quality of the universal whole.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
In all these scenarios what happens to the conscious mind?? With out the conscious mind does any of the exist. Kinda if a tree falls in the forest does anyone hear??

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550
In all these scenarios what happens to the conscious mind?? With out the conscious mind does any of the exist. Kinda if a tree falls in the forest does anyone hear??

Is the universe conscious? Aren't you conscious, and aren't you a part of the universe?

If a tree falls in the forest, the tree felt it, and that tree was as much a part of the universal whole as you.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

Love is simply the acceptance of and cooperation with what you are, which is the universe. That is the action of love which is always accompanied by the feeling of love. Being that we are all part of a cooperative system, this is the most appropriate response to the environment.

If Love is just a decision - a response to presented circumstance - the how can it be primordial? If it exists as a determinative something, in its own right, then it can't also be a response of the human consciousness to anything that the human consciousness is dealing with. One has capacity to act, the other is the net result of conscious action.

The identity is driven by fear of death and works to combat this most appropriate action/emotion. But it does so, I think, mainly because it has misidentified itself in opposition to its complete self which is the universe whole.

Identity is what is established by the existent something as it emerges from all that exists around it. Without Identity, it can't be said to exist. Again, this word doesn't really refer to something that has conscious thought. In fact, Identity doesn't physically exist. Identity is a survival expression; one of several survival imperatives that drive existential development. It's not something that's driven by anything.

When the universal self is realized, then the identity can begin restructuring itself in association with its higher universe self. This is the more evolved form of identity. It is one that works naturally in conjunction with its other "external" parts rather than against them.

Have you ever heard of the word "holon"? It refers to the "wholes" that exist within a larger "whole" - like individual cells that collect in-kind to become the corporeal body. These holons possess Identity, and yet contribute to the whole of a larger holon that also possesses Identity; each taking on that added Identity as integral parts of that whole. This does exist as fairly common, and maybe this is what you're referring to here. If what you're suggesting is that Identity itself restructures, then you'll have to offer something that explains how this is at all possible, since Identity itself - as a survival expression - is conceptually resistant to that sort of thing.

In other words, the fear-driven survival mechanism is intellectually primitive, and only applies to intellectually primitive environments. The re-structuring of "contextual environment's" group identity marks the beginning of intellectual emergence into the awareness of the true universal self.

You do realize that the contextual environment refers to the sum of all that exists within a shareable reality. That being the case, how does such a sum re-structure itself? What would it be able to eliminate, add, or reconfigure? It's a sum total, with all of it in consistent juxtaposition. Besides, what is the impetus that drives the sum total of what constitutes a quantifiable real to find a way to re-configure itself? It has to be more powerful than the sum whole itself, and it must have its own requirement for such a monumental effort. This suggests something that physically transcends this reality, while being dependent on that reality becoming superseded by something that it intrinsically wasn't.

Death marks the end of the individual self, and the universal self is all that's left, but it is the universal self from the perspective of all a universal being can experience itself as in whole, which is the collective emotional majority. In other words, a being the size of the universe isn't going to be able to simultaneously perceive every individual perspective in the universe, rather, it will be able to experience the collective feeling of the all, which at this stage of the universe's development should be love.

Remember the term "holon" and allow all that has worked so hard to establish and develop Identity to exist within the existential whole that contains it. When you die, you'll realize that Identity is primordial. You'll be you.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

What's the lesson for the temporal body? Is there even a lesson? Which "experience" has more worth/value?

If I had to guess, I would say the lesson for the temporal body is to learn to do everything it can to make the world and in turn the universe a better place filled with love and peace. The temporal individual body has the ability to affect the quality of the universal whole.

But if when we die we become love with no memories of the lesson, then is this life lived in vain? If you return to what you "really are", then death should be more valued than life should it not?
edit on 26-9-2011 by juveous because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-9-2011 by juveous because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Your explaining intellect and intelligence..

A good Idea but to simple to be the truth, or the What this is.... What we are... What's really real... What happens when you die...

Here is a hint thou, to the statements, in the title disguised as a question...

Energy...

Stimuli, whatever you want to call it..

Stimuli, is part of the equation.. What this is, would and will be here without you, what we are, is meaningless, what's really real, is in your dreams, what happens when you die, is hope..

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
belief is not wanting to know the truth, nihilism is the only truth because it is not true itself. the earth and universe is indifferent to us, and itself. holding any belief is lieing to oneself,

the rally cry of the nihislist is: there is no truth, and everything is permitted.

look around, what do you see, all systems are collapsing, by systems i mean beliefs,-- finance, politics, culture, education-----up is down, and day is night

the only thing left is the end, it has not been done before, learn to enjoy the ride in indiffrence

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join