It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to know what you are seeing overhead?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Not sure if this is any use to anybody, and no doubt people will already be aware of it but i found this app/website that tells you what planes are flying above you in realtime.
Hopefully it might help people out who are not sure what they are looking at

If you can think of a better place for it feel free to move it, or if its completely useless to everybody just delete it

Here it is anyway..... planefinder.net...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Thanks.
However, people will still be posting pictures of jetliner contrails and insisting that it is either a UFO or a phoenix effect or some other type nonsense.
They will be side by side with reports of "strange noises from the sky" which are actually everyday railyard noises or a garbage truck unloading a dumpster around the corner.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
How accurate is this? Louisville Ky has a UPS hub and there are no planes showing at this time. I'll check again later but that airport is always busy.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by radosta
Thanks.
However, people will still be posting pictures of jetliner contrails and insisting that it is either a UFO or a phoenix effect or some other type nonsense.
They will be side by side with reports of "strange noises from the sky" which are actually everyday railyard noises or a garbage truck unloading a dumpster around the corner.

I know i know guys, its hard. But dont reply to this person, seems as if they are trying to derail the thread.

Any ways, its seems that it does not tell you where all the planes are cause I do not see any over my city but when i look out the window i do.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Very handy, but I don't see any black ops craft anywhere

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by 8ILlBILl8

Originally posted by radosta
Thanks.

I know i know guys, its hard. But dont reply to this person, seems as if they are trying to derail the thread.

Any ways, its seems that it does not tell you where all the planes are cause I do not see any over my city but when i look out the window i do.

No derailing here. I got more stars than the OP by the way...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by 2012king

Thank you so much for sharing this link!

Very cool and now saved in my Favorites. S&F

link   

Completly inaccurate site. I just checked it at 1pm in massachusetts and there were 0 flights in mass at all. However while I am outside, I can see 2 in the sky. Im in central western mass.

link   
Video of site and mainly coverage

Condensed 24 hour period
www.youtube.com...
edit on 26-9-2011 by lesmond because: Changed text

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrnBdry

Completly inaccurate site. I just checked it at 1pm in massachusetts and there were 0 flights in mass at all. However while I am outside, I can see 2 in the sky. Im in central western mass.

clearly this site was used by the Bush admin, you know to make out as though some aircraft were there when they really weren't on 9/11

edit on 26-9-2011 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
not sure how accurate it is to be honest, like i said, i just stumbled on it right before i put it on here

i have a pretty regular flight path right over my house, but a lot of them are military which i guess it wont show.
When some regular aircraft pass over i will have a check and let you know how accurate it is for me

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Looks similar to flight radar 24.com. And that site is pretty accurate. These sites are really useful, especially late at night when air traffic is a bit quieter. The images definitely match what's flying over, unless like you say, it's military, and some scientific planes aren't counted either. Nor helicopters! But yeah these things are great for all UFO enthusiasts - if nothing else, they help you gauge flight paths and patterns, so you can more easily rule out planes etc.

For example, last night at the pub I was watching some planes that I now know, after using a site like this, are part of the London Luton flight path. But some people behind me were convinced the lights were chinese lanterns, and were over a nearby base (2 miles away) - when in fact they were Luton flight path a good 40 miles away. Goes to show how lights in the sky can mar peoples perceptions

edit on 26-9-2011 by markymint because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join