It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Entreprenuers FEAR recession?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Should Entreprenuers FEAR recession?

The answer is NO, if he is living in a democratic capitalist society.

The ONLY ONES WHOM FEAR recession, are the cartels and the monopolies.

In good times, they were the ones whom sets the prices, push wages down, demand productivity, offer low quality products to fuel further purchases and profitted MIGHTILY. Then they hoard up their obscene wealth, spending little, circulating nothing

But once recession comes, money from the masses stops circulating. Their profits drop, so they will cut loses by retrenching employees. Worse, they spread fear amongst societies, for they have nothing to lose, as they have no orders anyway, so lets all die together.

However, the truth is that in Capitalism, the market place is only for the bold. And ONLY the bold will survive, no matter what the situation the market can be. When 'too big to fall' monopolies crash, it only opens up the market place for the more enterprising entrenuers whom can serve mankind's need better.

When recession comes, and the masses hold backs spending, thus it is more critical time for the enterprising entreprenuer to come out with better marketing strategies with COMPELLING and quality products/services to pry the money out of the masses willing hands.

No matter what the situation the economy is at, regardless if a tech recession or full blown depression, mankind still have needs to be met and Earth's resources is still bountiful, more so with our new advance tech to tap or manage them.

No human will willingly let himself or his loved ones starve. He may forgo that IPAD, but he sure aint gonna miss even at least one meal a day, or an apple a day to keep the doctor away.

And there lays the enterprenuer's capability to offer his products to that human that meet his needs. And once the dollar is pried loose, it WILL circulate, enriching others along the way. Buyer -advert, marketing - seller - middleman - supplier/transportation - production - farmer.

There are close to 7 billion humans with needs to met daily. The winner will be the entreprenuer whom can meet their needs CONSCIONABLY and SHARING wealth with all, and needs not fear any recession or depression., or any other fear mongering manmade constructs of doom. Be always guided by human needs and Earth's bountiful resources, as well as a thinking mind to serve those needs.

Good Luck!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Cutting down on labour or retrenchment is the MOST STUPID mistake a company can make in a recession.

It is LABOUR that gives profit to a company. With less labour, it would mean the company would only be producing less to meet needs.

If he is producing rubbish in these times such as China is doing, he should close down the company so as not to waste labour and resources.

But if he is producing daily need stuff mankind needs, he should maintain his staff, and his HIGH SALARY CEO should be working harder to get more deals, by meeting and creating more deals, strategise effective reaching out marketing, look for alternative ways to reduce costs.

Cutting labour is only to kill himself, as others whom are more aggressive and enterprising in the market place, will not be cutting back but working extraordinary hard in such times to gain more market share and win the economic battle, and carve out a name/niche for himself.

The capitalist market is no place for the weak or the stupid.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Entreprenuers are so over rated; it's usually used by wannabe's. Each one I know who deemed himself an "entreprenuer" fell flat on his face and still BS'ed his way through life.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Entreprenuers are so over rated; it's usually used by wannabe's. Each one I know who deemed himself an "entreprenuer" fell flat on his face and still BS'ed his way through life.

Yes my best friend is an "entreprenuer" and also one of the biggest BSers.
I know that despite him being comfortable now, he has lost fortunes of other peoples money through the years. I respect his tenacity and go get spirit, but not the lying and cheating that seems to have gone along with it.
edit on 26-9-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I'm in business. Even in the worst of recession, I am proud to say I didnt lay anyone off or cut anyones pay. Our people are our business, so I protected their jobs at personal cost to myself.

There is an upside to recession. It shakes out weaker or poorly run companies which mean a bit less competition. It also is easier to recruit and retain good employees. It has made employees just a little more careful of losing their jobs.

I have salons, so it is all about people management.

I also feel that the salons which make it through will be the supersalons of the future. Out of all my competitors when I started out, I'm the only one still standing.
People are still spending, just more carefully. If you are good at what you do, and behave with integrity in your business, people will still buy what you sell.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
During WW2, American and allied troops stormed Normandy beach to bring an end to theirs and the world's suffering under NAZI domination and inhuman atrocities.

Despite the withering and murderous fire, none of our forefathers swam back to their ships. They bravely charged forward. Some saw their own buddies shot and bled to death. They did not stop. They pressed on even in the face of the worst of calamity a human can ever face - his death, and did not retreat.

Today, we this generation only face an economic battle. How our forefathers would had wish it was what they were facing, but nevertheless, with the greatest courage that is almost inhuman, they overwhelmed the nazis there and the rest became history, an inspiration in SPIRIT to us all now facing the worst we presumed today.

During the Normandy battle, where death is the constant companion, our economic battle of today is only at most failure in an unsure world, common throughout since civilisation. And failure is no death or crime. At most, those entreprenuers whom had failed, CAN STILL join as workers. Those who succeeded, just as our forefathers had succeeded in Normandy, must this time ensure wealth is fairly distributed, if not necessary equally, and keeping up with our noble tradition of LEAVING NONE BEHIND.

It was something our forefathers would have wanted when they faced death there, and wish their buddies didn't have to die then. It's only human to care for another, more so those close to him. And we are all human first, before our various differences set us all apart. Their greatest reward for them was when the American Flag flew strong, true and free, espacially in the monster of all beach landings - Saipan, and became the inspiration of all generations of mankind.

So too will we all today, if we do the right thing and even profit conscionably from it, rescuing not only ourselves but also economies around the world, and will become inspiration in spirit for the next generations when their turn comes to face the test of their time......
edit on 26-9-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Today, we had seen some banks and corporations declaring bankruptcies.

It may be the end of the world for them, but certainly NOT for mankind.

Those enterprises failed because of their mistakes, not because there wasn't a need by mankind. Thus, needs are still present, and awaiting courageous, intelligent and ethically guided new entreprenuers to meet those needs.

Good luck! :-)

new topics

top topics

join