It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not really sure if this is the right thread..but I need some help.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Nkinga

Thank you everyone for the replies and help!
my first worry was the antibiotics....but as it turns out...after a blood test....she did not have strep to begin with, (doctor explained to me, that in the first place, you cannot and do not use a swab test for strep on any other part of the body other than the throat....for all other areas, a blood test must be done, which was not)

Since she did not have strep to begin with, there was no need for the antibiotics! since she did not have a rash until 2 days after the antibiotics (which apparently is exactly the amount of time it takes for it to fully set in) they were pretty secure in stating it was a reaction to said antibiotics. They did a scratch test anyway (which showed no scabies!) but did result in more hives (allergic reaction) W

We have switched pediatricians to say the least.

Again, thank you for all your input.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Nkinga

Glad to hear she's going to get better.... any word on what the blisters on her feet were?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by freespirit1

Not with the regular pediatrician..but he did send us on down to the foot doctor, he also did a scratch test...we will know that tomorrow. The ones on her foot are different from the other breakout..and she had been outside that day (in flip flops) so, they are more than certain that those are bug bites. Which is what I thought for the most part, except, they are taking a really long time to go away...but the foot doctor explained to me that on the particular part of the foot they are on is a very thick skinned part, and in most cases, things tend to last longer there.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Nkinga

Well, I'm glad you went and got a second opinion... sometimes the "cure" is worse than the cause. Hope her rash goes away fast now, and good luck!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join