It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX News afraid of mentioning Ron Paul in new poll

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Since Ron Paul seems to inconveniently win all their internet polls, FOX news has come up with a new strategy - not allowing you to vote for him directly.

Unfortunately for them, even this ridiculous approach seems to be backfiring on them.

Link
edit on 26-9-2011 by Teebs because: added link to poll

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
It's because Ron Paul's worshipers are only on the internet and don't actually exist in reality.

Ron Paul doesn't stand a chance in the real world of Presidential politics. He may be a good Congressman, but he would be disastrous as a President and the Conservatives at FOX News know this.

A Ron Paul presidential campaign would solidify a 2nd Obama term.
edit on 26-9-2011 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

The point of the OP is that they won't even mention his name anymore, meaning there is a definite campaign to make him fade from the alleged spotlight. Though I have to agree, in reality, Ron Paul as charming, though-provoking and intelligent as he is, does not stand a chance against the "real contenders."

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Same old same old argument against ron paul.... His followers are online more than the other candidates. So to put the ron paul followers into a stereotype or two would be to say they are all potheads and nerds. Yet he always wins polls and always performs very well on the debates, even with his lack of air time. I don't see what the big deal is with him, hes the candidate that makes the most sense in my opinion yet he gets persecuted so much.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
and neither of you obviously understand what the man means or just plain don't watch him because corporate whore media tell you that he is un-electable. Shame on you sheeple. That's what it amounts too. Either you are for Ron Paul or you are one of the sheeple. This is a revolution and Ron Paul is not the focus here, it is the message.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by DocEmrick

This is because they don't want to split the vote. If Ron Paul's name is mentioned, it will make some people want him instead of the Mainstream Republican they want to try and defeat Obama.

The only goal the GOP has is to make sure that Obama is a one term president. They don't care about any of the real issues facing the country, they just want someone that can take on Obama and win.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Yup and Ron Paul is the man to do it. Anyone else is a globalist eugenicist serving scum.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
reply to post by DocEmrick

This is because they don't want to split the vote. If Ron Paul's name is mentioned, it will make some people want him instead of the Mainstream Republican they want to try and defeat Obama.

The only goal the GOP has is to make sure that Obama is a one term president. They don't care about any of the real issues facing the country, they just want someone that can take on Obama and win.

Everybody wants Ron Paul. That's why they will vote for him.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Well, they aren't mentioning anyone else either. The poll should be :
"Mitt Romney, Rick Perry, Ron Paul, Herman Cain, Anyone Else"

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

No it should be Ron Paul or Corporate Whores.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

It's because Ron Paul's worshipers are only on the internet and don't actually exist in reality.

Ah, where to begin?

First of all, I'm a supporter, not a worshiper - I worship no man. He happens to believe in ideas and values that I believe in as well, hence my support for him. Second, I happen to exist in both reality, and on the internet (which is a part of reality, is it not?).

Ron Paul doesn't stand a chance in the real world of Presidential politics.

That's an opinion, not a fact.

He may be a good Congressman, but he would be disastrous as a President and the Conservatives at FOX News know this.

Well I'm glad FOX News can see into the future, and has wisely chosen to help avoid a disastrous Paul Presidency by implying that we need to choose between either Perry or Romney (because maintaining the status quo is obviously working out well).

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Teebs

They simply are trying to back the mainstream candidate. I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying what it is.

Ron Paul would only guarantee an Obama victory in the election, there are many people that support him (on the internet, mostly underage non voters) and backing that horse isn't going to fulfill the goal of getting Obama out of office.

Sure, on online polls where age isn't a factor, Ron Paul does well. But when it comes to mainstream Republicans, FOX News can see a looser. It doesn't take a great mentalist to see that backing a Ron Paul ticket won't get the GOP their goal.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I'm not even American.

But to all you lying hacks that pretend these polls are two Ron Paul followers mindlessly submitting Ron Paul over and over, try the poll yourself. try and vote more than once:

"Thank you, we have already counted your vote. "

I'm not saying this can't be circumvented (delete your cookies).. but come on. We are talking about Fox News readers/visitors here.

So just stop with the self-defeatism. Vote for Ron Paul because you know he is the most honest person in the entire government. Stop with the "split the vote" CRAP fed to you by the same Brainwashing Media that's telling you he can't win. Just do what you want for a change regardless of the outcome. Try just try to shut the brainwashing program off for a day or two.

"DUH i can't vote for Ron Paul because it will split the vote. I am a political genius. I came up with this all by myself after Fox told me not to split the vote. DUH. Don't split the vote. Splitting the vote is bad. Ron Paul is split the vote. Rick Perry is not Split the vote because Fox News told me so. Fox News says everyone in the world is voting for Rick Perry because a vote for him won't split the vote. that is the only reason to vote for anyone, so you don't split the vote. So when you go to vote, vote for not splitting the vote. Don't vote for a candidate. Vote for Fox "don't split the vote" Perry News.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

reply to post by Teebs

They simply are trying to back the mainstream candidate. I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying what it is.

Ron Paul would only guarantee an Obama victory in the election, there are many people that support him (on the internet, mostly underage non voters) and backing that horse isn't going to fulfill the goal of getting Obama out of office.

Sure, on online polls where age isn't a factor, Ron Paul does well. But when it comes to mainstream Republicans, FOX News can see a looser. It doesn't take a great mentalist to see that backing a Ron Paul ticket won't get the GOP their goal.

The mainstream candidate. You know.. the one NO ONE has agreed is the mainstream candidate. Dude you are seriously deluded. Who told you he was mainstream? Because it wasn't any of the polls. I would guess it's the fact that Fox and CNN keep telling you he is mainstream.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Sorry i was wrong. Deleting cookies does NOT allow you to vote more than once. So.. EVEN more technically difficult to game these polls.

WOW.. even i thought there was some gaming. hahahahahaha What a #ING JOKE! 74% OTHER hahahahahahahah. That is just awesome. The powers against Ron Paul must be flipping out over this.

I wish there was a site that documented all of these polls and had a running tally. Take all POLLS, straw polls, rasmussen polls etc. ALL of them.

This is a funny article:

www.thestatecolumn.com...

They do a poll and then write an article with the title "Ron Paul in third". The only time they choose to mention his name is when he doesn't come in first.

I am into conspiracy.. And i am not American. When this conspiracy against RP started to reveal itself i thought it anecdotal.. But now it is so blatant it is seriously hilarious to me. I mean.. if i was American i wouldn't find it so amusing. It would be scary.. But this is just too funny.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
If Ron Paul doesn't stand a chance against Obama then who else?!

Sorry Wok but you're logic is deeply flawed if you are suggesting Mitt Romney or Rick Perry would be better candidates.

Those two idiots can barely put two sentences together.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigBruddah

Same old same old argument against ron paul.... His followers are online more than the other candidates. So to put the ron paul followers into a stereotype or two would be to say they are all potheads and nerds. Yet he always wins polls and always performs very well on the debates, even with his lack of air time. I don't see what the big deal is with him, hes the candidate that makes the most sense in my opinion yet he gets persecuted so much.

The reason his followers are online more often is prolly because they are from the young crowd (18-35) while the other candidates dont appeal to them. Politicians usually dont bother campaigning toward the younger crowds because of their terrible voting record, as in, they never vote, although a Prez election brings many people out. A safer campaign is towards the older crowd.

edit on 26-9-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

We the people don't care about a poltical party, (Democrat or Republican) Politcal Paradigm, (Left or Right) or who is the best looking. WE WANT TRUTH. THE ONLY PERSON IN GOVERNMENT WHO HAS NOT BEEN BOUGHT OFF IS RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!!! VOTE FOR HIM, OR DIE A SLAVE!!!!! We don't care about media that is sodomized by TPTB into telling us what to think. OPEN YOUR EYES AND SEE WISDOM AND LIGHT!!!!!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Teebs

Ron Paul is like kryptonite to the corporate media scumbags, or more like Voldemort I guess. Uttering his name apparently would bring upon a bad omen or something. Even reading his name is painful, like sunlight to a vampire, so the MSM is doing their best to shield the public from the deathly wrath of Ron Paul.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

reply to post by Teebs

...there are many people that support him (on the internet, mostly underage non voters) ...

Can you site your source for this claim that people on the internet that support Ron Paul are mostly underage "non voters" ?

I mean if you are just telling it like it is, then that should be no problem because obviously it is a bunch of "underage non voters" who also participate in the various straw polls around the country too, right?

Face it. The media is purposefully blacking out Ron Paul because they see him as a direct threat to the status quo. Perry and Romney are tools just like Obama is and Ron Paul will not play that game.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join