It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas Fed manufacturing gauge drops in September, stays in the negative

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
www.marketwatch.com...

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) -- The Dallas Fed's general business activity fell in September to -14.4 from -11.4, the fifth month in a row the index of manuacturing was negative. However, many of the subcomponents rose, including production and shipments.

Just saw this come out on marketwatch. There's not much in the article yet, just that above. I think the Philly Fed reported some bad numbers not too long ago to.

From what I see and understand so far from the article, business in general in the Dallas Fed's area fell even more into the negative for the month, but production and shipments rose. Im guessing this means overall, business has been contracting?

ETA - Does anyone know if the other Fed's around the country have released their manufacturing gauges for this month yet?
edit on 26-9-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I don't actually feel we get the real picture of what is happening, just some negative numbers twisted around with words like on the plus side x rose to make it seem like things are not as bad as they really are.. I hope I am wrong.. I really hope I am wrong.. but still the constancy of the negatives leaves me feeling we are in dire straights across the board and across the globe..

new topics

join