It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toroidal Vortices Mistaken as UFO/USO's?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Toroidal Vortices

A vortex ring, also called a toroidal vortex, is a region of rotating fluid moving through the same or different fluid where the flow pattern takes on a toroidal (doughnut) shape. The movement of the fluid is about the poloidal or circular axis of the doughnut, in a twisting vortex motion. Examples of this phenomenon are a smoke ring or a microburst

Wikipedia

I caught this video and wanted to share some thoughts.

First, I had no idea marine mammals could do this! Totally blew me away.

Second thought was this... How many UFO's and USO's are mistaken by these phenomena? In the video (2 minutes in) you see one of these produced by a humpback wale, and it looks a lot like some of the reports I've read in the past about USO's (minus craft rocketing out from sky). I've also read about many sightings around volcano's as if they are some sort of UFO magnet.

So the question I thought of was this.... how many of these reports start out as one of these vortices being seen, and imagination running away with the rest?

In any case, it's a very cool video, hope you all enjoy.

P.S. I don't think the last vortex would ever be mistaken for a UFO

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Seriously? no one has any thoughts on this? No nods from skeptics? No flames from believers?

Well, at least I got to watch a cool video

Cheers ATS

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Wow that was a really cool video! I wasn`t aware that mammals could do such things! Can this phenomena be linked to when we make smoke circles with a cigarette or something?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Perhaps there are physical phenomeon that also can induce hallucinatory effects.

And perhaps the world of hallucination is also what we can call the fourth dimension.

Perhaps if the gates to the fourth dimension were to open, if the powers that be removed the blocks, perhaps those that had grown accustomed to their restricted perception would find themselves in a world of nightmares and confusion, and only a few individuals whom were pure of mind would be able to exist there in a relativley stable state of being.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by spaceshrimp

lol I was actually wondering the same thing. I was looking at the video trying to see exactly how they were forming these, they look like they are being blown from the mouth by the dolphins, hard to tell though, it's pretty fast.

reply to post by SystemResistor

That's a lot of 'perhaps' and a lot of head scratching.....
edit on 26-9-2011 by Lighterside because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Toroidal forces have always fascinated me since I seen my first smoke ring as a kid. I believe that we can tap into these forces for clean energy. Everything is spinning, we just need to figure out how to take advantage of that situation.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

Perhaps introduce some form of a metal into the vapor that form the rings, and have them shoot into a magnetic tunnel in the shape of the ring that forms another circle? That way the travel may be able to remain persistent.. I don't know, I just woke up, awesome video, danka!

top topics

join