It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Khan Academy - A completely free online education on any topic

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Good and excellent post! I would really like to thank newcovenant for posting on this particular subject. Its very interesting and good stuff. The greatest benefit of online education is, it provides more convenience and flexibility.
edit on 27-9-2011 by thomaslues because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I came across Khan Academy some time ago and was impressed -- both with what had been accomplished and what it could hold for the future of education. Sure, the concept is nothing new, but the intent behind it--to provide free education to all--has always been its primary focus...

I'm also surprised by the fact that Khan Academy hasn't "sold out" and become comercialized... but at the same time I'm also surprised that it hasn't branched out and introduced more tutors and topics--for example, an ESL course would be immensly popular.

It will be interesting to see what the future holds for Khan Academy.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by thomaslues
Good and excellent post! I would really like to thank newcovenant for posting on this particular subject. Its very interesting and good stuff. The greatest benefit of online education is, it provides more convenience and flexibility.
edit on 27-9-2011 by thomaslues because: (no reason given)

Well thank you very much for that. I really admire the work this man has put in and his willingness to help humanity without trying to extract a fee. It is very unusual and beneficial and if we saw more of his sort of behavior in the world imagine what a world this might be. I am already old...it is your future. Here's to it being a great one!

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Calex1987

Very interesting post and thank you for your reply.
I think this is the future of education. It always amazes me how long it takes to change from something that is not working very well to something that might be better. I think we are all traditionalists at heart and just hate any kind of change.... for the better or the worse. Pity.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join