It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mega Slip-n-Slide Launch Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
This could be one great survival tool.

The following is a hypothetical situation that the "Mega Slip-n-Slide Launcher" would indeed be the perfect tool where the difference is between escape or capture.
_

You are fortified on a plateau with two sheer walls aft and switch. To the right, a rolling hill, then a vertical 50 foot drop into pasture where your vehicle awaits, loaded with all supplies needed to avoid capture and continue surviving. This is your back door.

You see them coming up the draw where the main gate certainly will gain you the extra minute needed to be ready, should this hive of a group be a mob looking for food, water and merchandise.

Your determination now made, the viewing of their intent through your security cameras now confirms they are indeed a mob. You continue to watch them until the last camera link is severed.
Now, the gate alone must hold them long enough to make your escape.

Hurriedly, you change into the wetsuit hung from a dowel ped beside your secutiry monitor console, and flip the adjacent switch, activating the 2 minute timer, the fuse that triggers detonation of a variety of explosives. Definitely enough to level every structure on the entire plateau.

As you turn to depart, you hear the gate give as a crescendo rises from a monotone and hypnotic chant to frenzied yelling as if the spoils of victorious warring is but a 60 second sprint away.

You exit the back door and put on your helmet. You hear the breaking of glass and cracking snap of wood from the search now taking place only seconds away as you make your way to the escape site where you previously stored two five gallon buckets of water, needed to perfect the escape.

They see you and signal the fastest amoungst them to attack.

You quickly throw the first bucket's water and clutch the second buckets handle with your right hand as your left discards the empty bucket. Bucket is again emptied and you launch yourself, discarding the bucket in the same motion.

Just then, Detonation!

You feel the swipe of the sprinter's middle finger brush against your achilles tendon in passing as the sprinterhis final act, attempting to capture you fails and a flash of heat from the concussion wave.

Mega Slip-n-Slide Launch Video

In a few seconds, you will arrive at your vehicle.

The pursuers will not be following.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

I assume you already know that the mega-slide video from a few years back is a CGI hoax? I actually recall a Myth-Busters episode on this topic some time ago; BUSTED.

Best regards,
Z

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
theres talking about a post apocalyptic complex being overrun by zombies and using slip and slides as your escape route.

i would prefer zipline. less messy.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
video was faked? pretty over the top story too! lol

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Then you agree this would be a great survival tool?
Yes?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I would eliminate the wetsuit from your plan. Ever tried to put one on in a hurry? It's not easy. Wouldn't it be easier to just park your vehicle by the door?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

I think you should write the next James bond movie.....

Quite an imagination you have there. That said, the video was faked and proven not really all that possible, if I recall correctly.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

I think you should write the next James bond movie.....

Quite an imagination you have there. That said, the video was faked and proven not really all that possible, if I recall correctly.

That is exactly what went through my mind.
The opening scene of a Bond flick.

In this scenario, most of the Bond tricks are also border-line faked if not impossible.
It is always the excitement of daredevil feats that audiences love.

It also could be designed to work and would be an awesome way to eliminate enemy threat.
Could you imagine the nemesis' disapointment when realizing failure just before death?

It could dwarf some super hero movie endings with similar results to the joy of patrons all.

I bet Jackie Chan would take the launch himself if researched and calculated by pro stunt men to determine a high % success rate..

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by imd12c4funn

It also could be designed to work and would be an awesome way to eliminate enemy threat.
Could you imagine the nemesis' disapointment when realizing failure just before death?

It could dwarf some super hero movie endings with similar results to the joy of patrons all.

Sure, it would look cool, if you could make it work, but there are much easier and much safer ways to escape, if need be.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frank Dinkle
theres talking about a post apocalyptic complex being overrun by zombies and using slip and slides as your escape route.

i would prefer zipline. less messy.

Zip line could be used to pursue you if close quarters until loosed at the destination whereas, even should someone launch from your Mega, without the wetsuit skin burns from the slide thus, no longer a threat.

I think the slide more deterring and less approachable by enemy pursuit.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I can see you throwing the "plump" mother-in-law down the shoot only then realizing that the weight differential and delivery would be slightly off-target!

Opps! Sorry Mom!
Poor thing missed the tub but was saved when she got "raptured" against the hillside!

edit on 9/27/2011 by Greensage because: slight adjustment

new topics

top topics

join