It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pak army defies US, will not attack Haqqani group: Report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Pak army defies US, will not attack Haqqani group: Report

timesofindia.i ndiatimes.com

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan's military will not take action against a militant group Washington blames for an attack against its embassy in Kabul, despite mounting American pressure to do so, a Pakistani newspaper reported on Monday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Well, looks like we're another step closer to full out war with Pakistan. Everyone should be paying close attention to this scenario, Pakistan has around 100 nukes and I'm sure they're not afraid to use them if they feel absolutely threatened. Hopefully the rhetoric calms down and things get back to normal because the U.S. and Pakistan have one important relationship.

timesofindia.i ndiatimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Times of India is not always reliable.
The poimtedly direct comments by Admiral Mullen (of the botched gulf oil leak fame)may be a prelude to war with pakistan alright.
The US will have to actually do something if the Pakistanis dont im thinking.
Drone strikes are not enough to do much but harrass the Waziri territory.
They will have to get in there and dig em out by hand.This will prove very costly to any army the tries it.
Its no wonder the pakistanis dont want any more part of it.
They will be really destabilized if they mix it with the waziri province.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
regardless of how they put it (and i do think the title should read in reserve)

the long and the short is USA military has exhausted mideast/north africa for the time bean and is dappling in PAK and TURK affairs for the moment any which way they can fabricate (ie catchin T. Osman in Abbotabad just a few mos ago)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Pakistan ain't finna use a nuke on us.
As for disseminating them to rebel and terrorist groups to let them use.. that's a different story.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

What if America launched a nuke at them first? You really think they'd just sit and take it?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

We wouldn't. And yeah they would take it. It would garner them massive support to be a victim, draw tons of aid, tons of condemnation of the U.S., tons of rebels signing up. Not to mention they couldn't launch one against us, not a missile at least.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Yeah I doubt America would launch too, but I'm just thinking worst case scenario. Say America DID though, Pakistan has help from China for ICBM's and yadda yadda. I don't think it's impossible for them to strike back, it would be a challenge, but it wouldn't be impossible.

And as far as someone saying this isn't a reliable source, do more google searches and you'll find other sources backing it. Actually, it was just on the CNN ticker and I got the main link from Breaking News.com which hasn't failed me yet.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The ones in power over at Pakistan are the military, not the gov.

They long knew they would never be able to uplift the nation economically based on theocracy. The older generation might be contented, but with a new ever hungry new generations, Pakistan is in deep trouble. Theocracy, espacially when used by senile old men to cling on to their power and priviledges, are potent weapons of mind control and destruction.

Sooner or later, the young generations will wake up and all hell will break lose. Those whom had wokened up had already left Pakistan and now seeking peace in Englandistan.

Furthermore, the pakistan military faces an economic powerhouse neighbour, India. Even with its nukes, Pakistan will lose if a scorched earth policy is used. They are not using it, nor ever want to. They want to live, not die.

The Afghan war was a great opportunity for the Pakistan power elites. With US on their knees and throwing money at Pakistan elites for help, they were only too euphoric to do so. WIth US taxpayers funds, they got corruptively rich, got better arms, and best of all, kept their neighbour India in check.

Thus, the pakistan elites will WANT to prolong the afghan war as long as possible, even to the extent of help insurgents murder a few americans and Kabual leaders, to continue US $$$$ involvement in Pakistan, espacially now when the war is officially winding down.

If the amercan gov are stupid idiots that had been taken for a ride by the pakis, the American taxpayers MUST NOT be further fools. PULL OUT US TROOPS, DOLLARS & STAFF out of Pakistand and Afghanistan now. Let the Paki elites solve their own mismanagement of their own society and economy.

The long US stays in Pakistan and Afghanistan, the more lives and dollars will be lost.

top topics

join