It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Are All The ELENIN Conspiracy Theorists Now?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
WOw the doomsday cultist are recanting fast.. All videos, articles, promises, aliens wow.....

2012 fraud is next..

So much hype

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by seenavv
thanks for at least waiting to the 27th, pretty pathetic on OP's part IMO

says the guy who makes a thread about the adams family.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by consciousgod

Science at work.

That's what this is.

An observation was made. Earthquakes appear to closely correlate with Elenin alignments with the earth and the sun. This is a fact.

Except that it was pointed out that these "alignments" were not exact, and that given the window of uncertainty, the "correlation" fell within the range of chance. There was no phenomenon and, hence, no need for a hypothesis.

A hypothesis is made. Elenin is causing earthquakes when it lines up with the earth and the sun at the same time.

This unnecessary "hypothesis" was largely stated as fact. 100% proof claimed. Threats were made. Even on this very thread, some people are expressing this "hypothesis" as a metaphysical certainty.

An experiment is conducted to prove or disprove the hypothesis. Predict an earthquake to occur during the next alignment. This is very similar to how Einstein's General Relativity Theory was tested. We wait for an astronomical alignment, observe the outcome, and determine if the data supports the hypothesis.

Since this "hypothesis" was formulated, we have seen the corollary tested. There have been many large earthquakes that occurred when the comet was not making an "alignment." Should nothing happen come the end of October, I'm sure you will be the first to agree that the "hypothesis" was false.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

The hypothesis doesn't say ALL earthquakes are caused by cosmic alignments. The alignments that you speak of is the alignment of the center of all the objects. The hypothesis does not state that an earthquake will occur when the center of the earth aligns with the center of the sun and the center of Elenin, does it?

The alignments are not off by much. The EQ that are part of this theory are the three mentioned, Chile, Christschurch, and Japan. An 8 occurs about once a year, a 9, once every 10 years. For you to say these fall within normal parameters just goes to show us that we shouldn't even bother reading what your post.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

The beauty of an "unnecessary hypothesis," is that if you find and deem it unnecessary you have the option to not participate in said experiment and ignore it.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocEmrick
reply to post by DJW001

The beauty of an "unnecessary hypothesis," is that if you find and deem it unnecessary you have the option to not participate in said experiment and ignore it.

For such an unnecessary hypothesis, you sure do spend and awful lot of time trying to prove it unnecessary and wrong. Personally, if I thought a hypothesis unnecessary and wrong, I wouldn't waste my time on it. With that said, I wonder why you do.

I also wonder why you refuse to realize the correlation, but instead post wrong information trying to disprove an "unnecessary hypothesis."

I admit this hypothesis may be wrong, but I will wait on the results of the experiment and not take your word based on false information.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cecilofs
reply to post by hotbread

Awesome, another self-righteous thread calling out beleivers and saying they are wrong before the time of the prediction passes.

Grats on your fail.

Edit: To the poster above me - that was hilarious and true. Thanks

edit on 26-9-2011 by Cecilofs because: (no reason given)

Anyone who actually researched it would be able to say that ages ago. It is just not possible for it to be anything more than a comet, so yeah you are wrong.
Not my fault some people like you rather trust some youtube user or some wild prediction instead of actual science.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
As a self confessed "ELE-tard" and fan of Deep Impact, I really enjoyed the cool Elenin buzz, and can't wait for the next big doomsday scare. All you scienticians and disinfo agents need to check your moral barometers and think of the children man....the children!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

An observation was made. Earthquakes appear to closely correlate with Elenin alignments with the earth and the sun. This is a fact.

I disagree. It is not a fact. The quakes and alignments did not match up although false dates were posted to make the claim.

The problem is that the idea is based on a false claim. Why test something based on falsehoods?

Your claim is that the scientific method is being applied. That's not true is it? Beginning with lies and calling them facts is not the way to run an experiment.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

The hypothesis doesn't say ALL earthquakes are caused by cosmic alignments. The alignments that you speak of is the alignment of the center of all the objects. The hypothesis does not state that an earthquake will occur when the center of the earth aligns with the center of the sun and the center of Elenin, does it?

The alignments are not off by much. The EQ that are part of this theory are the three mentioned, Chile, Christschurch, and Japan. An 8 occurs about once a year, a 9, once every 10 years. For you to say these fall within normal parameters just goes to show us that we shouldn't even bother reading what your post.

Your hypothesis is so vague that it is meaningless. You haven't defined alignment. Had you defined alignment you'd have seen that the 3 quakes mentioned did not occur at the time of alignment. Had you checked the alignments you would have seen that it is impossible for all 3 objects to have their centers align.

Had you checked up quakes and other celestial objects you'd have learned that there is no correlation when it comes to strong quakes and anything external to the Earth.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I also wonder why you refuse to realize the correlation, but instead post wrong information trying to disprove an "unnecessary hypothesis."

Please demonstrate the correlations. I've already checked and I have seen that the quakes were many days off from the so-called alignments.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

Please demonstrate the correlations. I've already checked and I have seen that the quakes were many days off from the so-called alignments.

Yes, your definition of alignment is different than mine. If one wanted, one could keep arguing stating that nothing ever aligns given an infinitely small center to line upon.

define many.

Looks like three days for Japan.

Do EM ropes move in straight lines? The EM ropes on the sun do not.

We just need to wait. There is no sense is arguing these points now. Let's just wait and see.

No EQ, no correlation and all this hype will be unfounded; but if an EQ hits, its going to sting that ego of yours.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
just the beginning

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

It was 5 days for Japan.

Irrelevant.

We just need to wait. There is no sense is arguing these points now. Let's just wait and see.

Actually it is. Your so-called hypothesis based on false ideas such as previous alignments does not define what is meant by an alignment or a definition of the event you would consider a hit.

No EQ, no correlation and all this hype will be unfounded; but if an EQ hits, its going to sting that ego of yours.

Since you have not defined what you are using for alignment and have not defined what an acceptable event is there is no test.

There is a 38% chance of picking a date within 5 days of a 7 or larger quake using random selection. For a window of 8 days the chance is 52%.

Now if we drop the quake level down to the 6.3 of Christ's Church the odds are much better. The odds just to an 80% chance of picking within a window of 2 days of an event of that size. That is just random chance.

So how are you going to distinguish any event from a random coincidence?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Seriously, the term Deny Ignorance is design by this sight for people like YOU.
First: Get your facts straight if you are going to use other sites to make a point. Because if you had bothered to check it out for real, you would of noticed that the true Elenin alignment is not until the 27th. and it is at least according to jpl Mars,Sun, Elenin and Earth. A true alignment. You might also want to get over it, because people are already posting quakes and blackout all over this site and others.

Pick your battles, only after you have all the facts. This post is an epic fail.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by HOLDYOURFUTURECLOSE
Seriously, the term Deny Ignorance is design by this sight for people like YOU.
First: Get your facts straight if you are going to use other sites to make a point. Because if you had bothered to check it out for real, you would of noticed that the true Elenin alignment is not until the 27th. and it is at least according to jpl Mars,Sun, Elenin and Earth. A true alignment. You might also want to get over it, because people are already posting quakes and blackout all over this site and others.

Pick your battles, only after you have all the facts. This post is an epic fail.

Who are you talking that gibberish to man? LOL!

IRM

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

It was 5 days for Japan.

Irrelevant.

Actually it is. Your so-called hypothesis based on false ideas such as previous alignments does not define what is meant by an alignment or a definition of the event you would consider a hit.

Since you have not defined what you are using for alignment and have not defined what an acceptable event is there is no test.

There is a 38% chance of picking a date within 5 days of a 7 or larger quake using random selection. For a window of 8 days the chance is 52%.

Now if we drop the quake level down to the 6.3 of Christ's Church the odds are much better. The odds just to an 80% chance of picking within a window of 2 days of an event of that size. That is just random chance.

So how are you going to distinguish any event from a random coincidence?

I'll start by disagreeing with everything you write. You make no sense but to yourself. You don't show your calculations. You are just throwing out more smack. Here we go again.

It's not random. There is a cause and effect. If Elenin is not the cause of the EQs, there is still a cause. Plate tectonics, volcanism. meteorite impact, or some other cause. To put a 8.8 and 9.0 off as random shows your ignorance.

Just because you do not understand the correlation, you choose to call it random rather than admit something is going on that you do not understand. Using your logic, everything that happens in the world is random.

Is the weather random? Using your logic, it is; but we all know there is a cause and effect for weather unless you believe in miracles, fantasies, or the occult. You may as well say GW Bush causes everything.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by consciousgod
You may as well say GW Bush causes everything.

LOL.. Yeah.... or Elenin!

IRM

edit on 26/9/11 by InfaRedMan because: ELENIN MADE ME DO SPELLING MISTAKES!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

What if Elenin and GWB are in cahoots?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

reply to post by newcovenant

Well it WAS only a theory.

Theories are not put forward as facts.

It was a theory in the sense of a wild eyed, unevidenced claim with no chance of being right.

It was not a theory as used by scientists. In science theories are used to explain facts.

Here there were no facts.

I think every one got all excited reading the Zechariah Sitchin stuff about the Sumerians and Nibiru and figured "cripes, it must be 350 thousand years by now"....

You gotta be able to weed this stuff out. You can't shut people up no matter how much of a good idea it might seem like...not that it doesn't happen, not that the peace is not worth it...it is just anti-human.

And you know we are all laughing at this now and really, if some huge asteroid or planet was heading for us and ready to smack into us...I don't want a warning, rather die laughing myself.

edit on 26-9-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join