It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Are All The ELENIN Conspiracy Theorists Now?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
All I know, is I tried to remain as wishy washy as possible ever since Putermans thread. What's the big deal any ways ? Why all the pitchforks and torches ? You know ? I'm starting to see a pattern develop here. All these ethnic slurs and racial tension. Sure I've taken the heat for you guys before but, not this time, no way.
Somebody's go'in down and it's not gonna be me ! Not this time ! I think it's time for group hug.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
thanks for at least waiting to the 27th, pretty pathetic on OP's part IMO

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by oxbow

Lessons won't be learned though, the vast majority will just swallow wholesale whatever end-of-the-world prophecy next comes along, because if a YouTube video says so, it must be true.

I would also add, that those who religiously cling to "official" scientific sources, and never question the mainstream, do so to their own detriment. It is those who have questioned scientific consensus in the past, and were criticized for it, that have gifted mankind with leaps in understanding the world, and the universe we live in.

Scientific consensus isn't necessarily scientific fact.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaqueFresco
reply to post by hotbread

This thread and your name have one thing in common, epic fail! The next alignment is not today as you claim. Don't make any plans for October 28, it's gonna be a hell of a show.

Is this a theory.... or are you claiming it as fact?

IRM

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Well it WAS only a theory.

Theories are not put forward as facts.

It was a theory in the sense of a wild eyed, unevidenced claim with no chance of being right.

It was not a theory as used by scientists. In science theories are used to explain facts.

Here there were no facts.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
lasco C2 and C3 images not updating since 8 hrs now...

pfff..when we really need to keep an eye on the sun..lasco are always offline

EIT's latest images are from 23rd

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

edit on 26-9-2011 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by epiphany2010

I use the Mayan 9th Wave and Timewave Zero and based on both of these its not the 26th-28th......Its OCT 1.
My guess it has nothing to do with any planets but financial collapse and then war within 60 days. /quote]
This should garner another thread when this wild guess also fails.

What will the excuse be then? Let's see.

Oh yes, it was nothing more than a theory - actually just another wild guess.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by JaqueFresco

This thread and your name have one thing in common, epic fail! The next alignment is not today as you claim. Don't make any plans for October 28, it's gonna be a hell of a show.

Don't forget to post a retraction in 2 days when nothing happens.

It should go something like this: "What an epic fail I posted."

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX

You then create a thread that is designed to bash people for theorising some possible events based on certain observations?

You are on a website that is designed to attract people that look at alternative theories. If these events do not come to fruition then it is plausible that Elenin was nothing more than a 'dirty snowball', but don't waste your time preaching to conspiracy theorist's on a website that will always attract them in massive numbers. It is unproductive and quite frankly uncalled for.

So you think that people should get a free pass to post nonsense at ATS where the motto is "Deny Ignorance"?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by XplanetX

You then create a thread that is designed to bash people for theorising some possible events based on certain observations?

You are on a website that is designed to attract people that look at alternative theories. If these events do not come to fruition then it is plausible that Elenin was nothing more than a 'dirty snowball', but don't waste your time preaching to conspiracy theorist's on a website that will always attract them in massive numbers. It is unproductive and quite frankly uncalled for.

So you think that people should get a free pass to post nonsense at ATS where the motto is "Deny Ignorance"?

Not at all.

What makes you think that I advocate what you are suggesting?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Oh well.

Back to the weegie board. Sigh! When are we ever actually going to be destroyed?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ludshed

Elenin did that? Is that what you are claiming?

I was unable to locate the article. Please post a link.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

I would also add, that those who religiously cling to "official" scientific sources, and never question the mainstream, do so to their own detriment. It is those who have questioned scientific consensus in the past, and were criticized for it, that have gifted mankind with leaps in understanding the world, and the universe we live in.

A fact is based on a consensus of thinking. It is not truth, but rather what is believed to be correct.

You should learn more about science and how science works. To suggest it is like religion is false. Scientists check and double check and that is how mistakes are found or refinements are made.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
They're already scrambling to invent new dates based on new nonsense. Now it's the 28th or October 1st, and when those dates pass they'll pick another one out of a hat. Anyone deluded enough to believe that this unimpressive comet is going to rain down fire and death upon us will prop up their worldview by any means necessary. Thinking that this baloney will end when the events don't happen as they predicted is looking at insanity through rose-colored glasses. They'll claim it's a cloaked spacecraft or that Jebus himself heard their prayers and stopped the big, bad comet. Crazy doesn't just go away like the common cold.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by Klassified

A fact is based on a consensus of thinking. It is not truth, but rather what is believed to be correct.

You should learn more about science and how science works. To suggest it is like religion is false. Scientists check and double check and that is how mistakes are found or refinements are made.

My friend, you would do well to reread and comprehend a post before replying to it. I said, " those who religiously cling to "official" scientific sources".

Although now that you mention it, yes, I do think there is a religious zealotry in the scientific community as well. One that flaunts consensus as fact, instead of fact as consensus. But that is my opinion.

I know plenty about what science is, and how it works. I work in an industry that requires it.
edit on 9/26/2011 by Klassified because: reword

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
It's still coming!!!!!1one

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Well it WAS only a theory.

Maybe you should explain that to all the people posting threads with words like

FACTS
PROOF
PROVEN

Because this "theory" has been peddled here many times under various monikers in various forum sections, and it was never reported as, or treated as, a "theory". It was a FACT that the rest of us SHEEPLE were too STUPID and CLOSED MINDED to see.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaqueFresco

I think Hotbread is an excellent name, quite delicious too. Why pick on a person's name? Anyway I am sick of Elenin doomsday threads myself. It wasn't even convincing, same with Nibiru. Sitchin was so debunked before this even got started I couldn't even build an imaginative interest.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Science at work.

That's what this is.

An observation was made. Earthquakes appear to closely correlate with Elenin alignments with the earth and the sun. This is a fact.

A hypothesis is made. Elenin is causing earthquakes when it lines up with the earth and the sun at the same time.

An experiment is conducted to prove or disprove the hypothesis. Predict an earthquake to occur during the next alignment. This is very similar to how Einstein's General Relativity Theory was tested. We wait for an astronomical alignment, observe the outcome, and determine if the data supports the hypothesis.

The experiment is being conducted now. It's still to early to tell. The experiment is ongoing, but we have the likes of stereologist who jump the gun and bash people's integrity and call them non-scientist before the experiments are complete.

Typical pseudoscientist response,"shoot the messenger.". He doesn't want to use the scientific method, but rather relies on his own conjecture. When someone who claims to be a scientist refuses to allow the experiment to be performed before developing and pursuing preconceived ideas, the scientist is not a scientist, but a preacher. Time to quit your day job and pursue your calling as a theologist.

edit on 26-9-2011 by consciousgod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by consciousgod
Science at work.

That's what this is.

An observation was made. Earthquakes appear to closely correlate with Elenin alignments with the earth and the sun. This is a fact.

A hypothesis is made. Elenin is causing earthquakes when it lines up with the earth and the sun at the same time.

An experiment is conducted to prove or disprove the hypothesis. Predict an earthquake to occur during the next alignment. This is very similar to how Einstein's General Relativity Theory was tested. We wait for an astronomical alignment, observe the outcome, and determine if the data supports the hypothesis.

The experiment is being conducted now. It's still to early to tell. The experiment is ongoing, but we have the likes of stereologist who jump the gun and bash people's integrity and call them non-scientist before the experiments are complete.

Typical pseudoscientist response,"shoot the messenger.". He doesn't want to use the scientific method, but rather relies on his own conjecture. When someone who claims to be a scientist refuses to allow the experiment to be performed before developing and pursuing preconceived ideas, the scientist is not a scientist, but a preacher. Time to quit your day job and pursue your calling as a theologist.

edit on 26-9-2011 by consciousgod because: (no reason given)

Bravo.

Well said and I concur.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join