It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Solar Storm! Widespread POWER OUTAGES 11 cities & 11 million ppl affected as of 12am Sep 26

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Obviously everyone is prepared for this 'massive ' event ,so it shouldnt be a problem unless you desperately need to microwave some popcorn .

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
In southern california, my Internet went out at about 7:30 PM or so. It's now almost 2 AM and it's still down. I managed to find a local wireless connection to use on my iPod touch to post this. I use AT&T broadband. All night my computer has been telling me a network cable is unplugged. It will briefly say connected for a few seconds then goes back to saying unplugged. Wondering if I'm the only one or if this is connected. Lots of people here were having trouble with their AT&T cell service yesterday. My cell seems to be fine today though.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TMG333

All night my computer has been telling me a network cable is unplugged.

On my comp that means exactly what it says..
Maybe your cable is a little loose and not always connecting.
Try pushing them in tighter.

If my connection is down then it tells me, :No Internet Connection Detected"..

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
hisz.rsoe.hu...

RSOE is currently down over South America; North America and WorldWide but not in Europe.. PWNT

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Elenin does not cause solar flares, the outages are not solar related and nobody is hiding in their bunker except maybe a few ATS'rs.
Why people are wasting their time making this crap is beyond me. They better be getting some cash at least.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Just so I'm sure here...Are you saying that wind from a CME that hasn't reached us yet, blew over power lines?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

When my power light on my PC is off...that tells me it's....off

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Umm Santa Clarita CA can be taken off that list,..

I wouldn't be typing this if my power was out...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Solar wind does not blow things over.. its not the same kind of wind.

Looks like the magnetosphere sim is back up..and i think a few hours ago it was getting itself recalibrated from being down for a few days. Soon enough we just might see that cme impact. I could hear ground currents from the power lines at 5am est on my shortwave radio at 220khz and down. So hopefully all is well but that is what takes down power grids..the inducted ground currents. The increased reactance in ac current and increased frequency gets to a certain point and the circuits trip hopefully before any real damage is done. So no lawn chairs will be harmed..unless they are being used as power transformers

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Apple Valley Ca. operating at full power. In fact I will keep posting to this thread constantly so you know I have not suffered a power outage. If you see that I have sto

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Lets not panic yet...

If it truly was a magnetic storm then wouldn't battery operated machinery be dead/low battery?

I think this is just some sort of mass outage but not related to a CME, it is out however that numerous cities are out of power on the same day, these cities are not necessarily facing the path of any CME nor are neighboring cities reporting outages so the two dont add up..

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I don't really have anything to add to the thread, I do have a good site for you all to check out. It has nice visual and shows where on Earth these storms are hitting. www.swpc.noaa.gov...

On an inactive day the center of the map tends to be black, with purple edges on the top and bottom (The poles) As you can see, the poles are being effected and as of this post, Africa. Yesterday there were strong absorption rates over North America and the pacific. To be honest, I don't really know the science of all this, but I am learning as we go along here. Anyway, just for you sun-watchers out there, another resource.

Also, the sky during sunset, here in NY, the last two nights was absolutely beautiful. Purple, pink, blue and lemon yellow. Very strange and very pretty, the clouds were like sausages lined up across the sky. Last night, during the dark hours of the night, the sky was glowing orange and misty. Does anyone know if the latest sun activity could have caused this?

MG

Edit to add....www.swpc.noaa.gov... Space weather alerts from noaa.
edit on 26-9-2011 by mutantgenius because: link add

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Portugal, 14h.36m everything is ok with the power grid! we are facing the sun now! In my opinion the only thing you will ever get from this event is some spetacular auroras borealis!
But... is just me!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I believe we need to have class X-18 or higher to do any damage.

X-1.9 is a little wimpy for that.

Perhaps one of these youtube Gurus has heard of Operation Solar Shield? Nope? I thought so.

We have a North American plan to power down sats and power down the entire grid for the duration of any killer solar storms now. So do the power producers and sat users on other continents.

The "Lights Out" scenario can now only come from an air burst nuke. If they turn the power and comm sats off they will be back on in about 48hrs.

Sorry to burst the doom bubble, but its true.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krystian
Lets not panic yet...

If it truly was a magnetic storm then wouldn't battery operated machinery be dead/low battery?

I think this is just some sort of mass outage but not related to a CME, it is out however that numerous cities are out of power on the same day, these cities are not necessarily facing the path of any CME nor are neighboring cities reporting outages so the two dont add up..

Funny you should mention that about the batteries. Yesterday 9-25-11 was a very nice day here in NY so I thought it'd be a good day to take the car out for a drive. Get the car cover off her and turn the key, nothing, battery completely dead. This is a new car, never had a problem with the battery, had the car out last week no problems. Anyways, back to the battery issue, I have one of those portable battery jumpers, the battery in that was dead and I'd checked the charge on that a few days ago and it was at 100%. So I figure ok, not ready to be beat yet, I get my jumper cables out, go to start my truck and . . . for the first time since I got it this year it didn't really want to start, battery guage on the dash showed it was way down, but it did finally start. And it seemed to take longer then normal for the car to start with a jump. Might be nothing, but thought I put it out there.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Thank you OP for posting this.
I think it is important that we realize there are things in this universe we do not understand. We all feel that something is coming.
S&F for you

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

But there really isnt anything coming, and hasnt been for the last couple of days.

In agreement: Nothing but light ground currents in Norway.

spaceweather.com...
edit on 26-9-2011 by Shadowalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I got a question. Would it be unwise to lay out and work on your sun tan the 26th -29th? I'm not trying to poke fun at all this I know its serious. Just wondering, if the x=flares would mess witht he various ultrviolet spectrum which gives us warmth and heat that changes out skin darker. Or would it just effect electrical grid systems? Like I said I'm not making fun of any of you just asking a question.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

Did a quick search shadow and found this about the solar shielding, From NASA scientific news.

Team leader N Pulkkinen stresses that Solar Shield is experimental and has never been field-tested during a severe geomagnetic storm. A small number of utility companies have installed current monitors at key locations in the power grid to help the team check their predictions. So far, though, the sun has been mostly quiet with only a few relatively mild storms,

But there are reports of an "Indian summer" here in the UK over the next few days..

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by foxhoundone

You are correct. They will never live test Solar Shield because it would force millions of servers and routers to have to be rebooted in order to bring the internet back online.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join