It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Solar Storm! Widespread POWER OUTAGES 11 cities & 11 million ppl affected as of 12am Sep 26

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
The only interesting thing going on in Ottawa today was a greenpeace demo/protest on the parliament hill.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

Power outage in Ottawa Ontario ????

Just did a google search for that and sad to say there was none today. Actually the last one was in July due to a storm....

So where are you getting this information? Just making it up to fuel reports that Elenin is going to cause some damage somewhere? Provide links to web sites confirming what you say.

edit on 26-9-2011 by eNaR because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by eNaR

I guess you googled the Ottawa thing and replied before you read my reply! hehe!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Ignant posted a link pointing to Hydro Ottawa, and after looking things over, it indicated there were some minor disturbances in Barrhaven and Bridlewood.

Barrhaven and Bridlewood are tiny little regions within the city. In other words, insignificant. And the reasons attributed to the outages were nothing out of the ordinary either.

Just a regular old power outage.
edit on 26-9-2011 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by misfitofscience

,Even if it be to a big one to fall out from the sky,they say that's a flower,so even if the world will end they say nothing happened!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNaR
reply to post by ignant

Just did a google search for that and sad to say there was none today. Actually the last one was in July due to a storm....

So where are you getting this information? Just making it up to fuel reports that Elenin is going to cause some damage somewhere? Provide links to web sites confirming what you say.

for the last time how could i have posted about outages today when the post was made at the break of midnite before today barely began??

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

not sue if this has been posted yet but here it is anyway lol

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by misfitofscience
reply to post by eNaR

I guess you googled the Ottawa thing and replied before you read my reply! hehe!

Yes, I started at the beginning and not hearing anything about an Ottawa power outage decided to see if CBC, CTV, Globe and Mail, etc. had anything on it. They didn't and google news showed nothing..... So I posted and you know that doing so takes you to the last page at which time I read your reply to the original poster.....

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
you guys are right, some of the power outages are miniscule.

i guess its not important unless ALL power outages are as big as the 10million affected in Chile.

oh well the probability of that happening is.. nada unless like the earth blew up or something.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

for the last time how could i have posted about outages today when the post was made at the break of midnite before today barely began??

For the last time, how could those power outages have anything to do with the geomagnetic storm since it didn't start until hours after you started this thread?

edit on 9/26/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignant

reply to post by ignant

...what? How could you have ...""posted about outages today when the post was made at the break of midnite before today barely began""...

But you did post that there were outages in Ottawa.

Doesn't matter if the outages were Saturday, Sunday or today..... you said there were outages and from your title (...11 million ppl affected...) implied that there were substantial outages in Ottawa. From searches of major news sites they report none; meaning whatever outages there were, were nothing out of the ordinary.

If you now come back and say you didn't say substantial outages in Ottawa then why include Ottawa under that title?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by ignant

For the last time, how could those power outages have anything to do with the geomagnetic storm since it didn't start until hours after you started this thread?

edit on 9/26/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

you do realize that youre claiming a 'geomagnetic storm' started at a certain time on a certain date in september not before sept 26 and i am claiming all along, 'solar storm' activity before sep 26 (duh) right??

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

i guess its not important unless ALL power outages are as big as the 10million affected in Chile.

oh well the probability of that happening is.. nada unless like the earth blew up or something.

....so you're saying that if I had a power outage due to say an overload on a certain circuit I should start a thread here because it is important. Sure it's not a big as the 10 million affected in Chile but it is important...... to me !

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
well this is interesting, has anyone elses phone service been messing up? I got T-Mobile, and as far as calls and texts go, I can send em, but I'm getting no data for Facebook and whatnot.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

reply to post by ignant

...what? How could you have ...""posted about outages today when the post was made at the break of midnite before today barely began""...

Doesn't matter if the outages were Saturday, Sunday or today..... you said there were outages and from your title (...11 million ppl affected...) implied that there were substantial outages in Ottawa. From searches of major news sites they report none; meaning whatever outages there were, were nothing out of the ordinary.

If you now come back and say you didn't say substantial outages in Ottawa then why include Ottawa under that title?

for the record heres what i posted/said:

www.outagecentral.com...

santiago, chile
karachi, pk
ottawa, can
princeton, can
tiskilwa, ca
phoenix, az
magnolia/seattle, wa
queen anne/seattle, wa
pennyslvania, pa 888-lightss
santa clarita, ca
texas city, tx

wherenext, ha?

"27th September the Sun may emit a very large solar flare.. we are seeing signs this could take place as we have had two x type flares one on the 22nd and the other yesterday on the 24th Sep,."

Obama and top NASA staff as well as other elite nwo leaders will allegedly be @ Denver on the 27th most likely hiding underground..
edit on 26-9-2011 by ignant because: im confused! ATSer title grievances/corrections given during 1st hour of posting o_O extra DIV

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

Thank you for the clarification.

Now perhaps you can provide some evidence that a "massive solar storm" had anything to do with the power outages.

Perhaps you can explain how a "massive solar storm" can cause power outages.

Perhaps you can explain why you think an X1 flare represents a "massive solar storm".

Perhaps you can explain how a "massive solar storm" can cause a power failure about twelve hours after it occurs on a part of the planet that is facing away from the Sun.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

reply to post by ignant

for the record heres what i posted/said:

www.outagecentral.com...

santiago, chile
karachi, pk
ottawa, can
princeton, can
tiskilwa, ca
phoenix, az
magnolia/seattle, wa
queen anne/seattle, wa
pennyslvania, pa 888-lightss
santa clarita, ca
texas city, tx

wherenext, ha?

"27th September the Sun may emit a very large solar flare.. we are seeing signs this could take place as we have had two x type flares one on the 22nd and the other yesterday on the 24th Sep,."

Obama and top NASA staff as well as other elite nwo leaders will allegedly be @ Denver on the 27th most likely hiding underground..
edit on 26-9-2011 by ignant because: im confused! ATSer title grievances/corrections given during 1st hour of posting o_O

.....your sensational title indicating that 11 million people were affected by POWER OUTAGES implies that the cities you noted suffered outages. As I said in my post to you "From searches of major news sites they report none; meaning whatever outages there were, were nothing out of the ordinary." I then asked why you would note Ottawa if there weren't any serious / major outages reported by news agencies.....

You come back quoting your original post. Is that supposed to be some sort of answer to my query because if it is I can't figure out what your answer is... extra DIV

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
LOLS!

I like this one best...

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by ignant
Perhaps you can explain why you think an X1 flare represents a "massive solar storm".

Good stuff.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Well, the thing is, if you are going to claim it is due to a solar storm, then yes it is significant that regions cited are miniscule. a solar storm would not effect only a few small towns inside a larger power grid?

HOAXHOAXHOAXHOAXHOAXHOAXHOAX

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by aaron2209

He said "widespread" not "worldwide".

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join